Norev 2013 1:32

Barry

Mine arrived today too - thanks to G&M from G&M, top service as always!  :-*

Top model, nice touch with the 100 Years box, great detail even down to the Claas logo on the steering wheel and the hour counter on the instrument panel. Not had the model completely out of the packing, but is that a steering rear axle I spy? :)

Also pleased to report that the rear steps raise and lower, and perhaps some of you will recall how important I found that when making my own Senator a few years back... ;)  ::)

All in all, very happy.

/malc.

post-1591-0-37937700-1378234489_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-29431900-1378234504_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-50934400-1378234528_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-63919000-1378234539_thumb.jp

post-1591-0-73488900-1378234567_thumb.jp

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well malcy the axel certainly pivots but I cant seem to turn mine ,it certainly looks to work, the wheels/ hubs are screwed on from the top and it has the link between the hubs ,only tried so far by tilting the rear up to get a better look mind,may just be paint tight

It does look good - was initially dismayed it was so expensive but upon seeing it not so sad now, as it has a straw chopper, and none of the ones I've seen ever had them, so it would only have bothered me if I'd got one!  Never seen one that shiny either!

Only a little niggle for me overall , the rod the reel sits on is just a plan brass/steel unpainted one, look a lot better in red like it should be . And similar on the handrails to the platform and engine area , just plan gold looking rod here too , would have thought these would have been green ??

Seems Norev wanted to add some bling on the model with the silver and gold. It probably adds more detail but not 100% correct as you say Sean. It does look a very good model, better than I thought of in previous photographs. Shame they sort of did not do the reel (tines) properly. Ah well, always the complaining! ;D

I agree with Sean's comment's, and when paying in excess of £50 for a model I believe small details like that should be correct, it is after all not a major tooling issue.

Although I think it is a nice model, I would only give it about 7 out of 10 - other issues - railing around platform far to thick. Rear tyres far to small (the correct size is the same as U-H fit to the Jag 60) feed/trunking elevator way to narrow, and an elasticated string to hold up the unloading auger!! there are a few other minor points, but these points noted are my main issues. 

Don't want to sound like a total moan - but when a model costs as much as this - I think these small details should be correct. For me, when it comes to detail and accuracy on the old vintage claas combines, U-H (Matador/Europa etc) where light years ahead.

I tresting thing is all the preview pics have green handrails on them and for what I can see the reels red to ?? Rear wheels as always you never know what was fitted to the real machine measured I can live with them and until jep said I would never have know , other than the paint I recon its a great model from what at the end of the day is still, A new kid on the block in terms of 32nd scale models

• 3 weeks later...

A 98 would be popular - it was a pretty common model after all.  I really would like a decent model of a Lexion 480 as well (Terra trac as well as wheeled) if Norev are looking for ideas!

I'm sure Malcy will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 98 was a smaller machine. I think it had 5 walkers compared to 6 on the 108 and 118.

(and I've no clue what the difference is with the 208 and 218)

Well... :)

86 was a 5 walker machine with 120bhp. 1320mm wide drum.

98 was a 5 walker machine with circa 150-162 bhp (Perkins/Merc) 1320mm drum, bigger grain tank, longer walkers, same sieves

108 was 6 walkers with 180bhp, bigger in all respects (concave/separation/cleaning) than 98, 1580mm drum etc.

118 was 6 walkers with 260bhp, otherwise same size as 108 

Mega 208 and 218 were 6 walkers with the APS in front of the concave.Bigger engine in the 218 - 270 vs 235 bhp. Same sep and cleaning.

Mega 202, 203 & 204 were 5 walkers plus APS. 160, 170 and 200 bhp.

Hope this helps!

:D

/malc.

I hope these initial photo's of the Dominator 86 are just to promote the fact that it is on its way........ as the picture is just a re badged 96 :- visually the 96 & 86 are quite different in there proportions/appearance (from the grain tank to the rear). 

Given the fact that it isn't due till 2014, hopefully means they are busy working on some new retooling ::) otherwise £80+ will be a lot of money for a "86" decal.....

• 4 weeks later...

That'll be me being a retard, it's the 108 i didn't get  B)

The latest news from the land of the cheese eating surrender monkeys is that the retailer Collect-World has commissioned a run of 1,000 Dominator 108SLs

http://www.collect-world.com/fr/p-moissonneuse-claas-dominator-108-sl-maxi---dispo-20-novembre-p7623.html

100 to be available for sale from November 20th and the rest to be available before the end of December.

The latest news from the land of the cheese eating surrender monkeys is that the retailer Collect-World has commissioned a run of 1,000 Dominator 108SLs

http://www.collect-world.com/fr/p-moissonneuse-claas-dominator-108-sl-maxi---dispo-20-novembre-p7623.html

100 to be available for sale from November 20th and the rest to be available before the end of December.

Excellent, i will get one on order to collect from France when i'm over there for Christmas :)

Archived