LAMMA 2013 - A Pictorial Review

Hell you must have been going fast to get all the way round while the frost was still on the tractors. We started at 7.30 and left at 5, still didn't see it all

Had to dash around fairly quick to keep warm Patrick. :) I think I got there just before 9am ( and spent most of my first hour chatting to the Ettys, great to catch up with them ) and had managed to get around most of it by 1.30 / 2pm. :)

Thanks ever so much Bill, you're very welcome. I had a really decent day, just could have done with some finger-less gloves. :)

Yes David I know the feeling....my fingers were frozen when I was at a ploughing match last Saturday...but I could not point and click with gloves on ;D   ;D 

Anyway I had a laugh at that because last year our air conditioning in the new office was blasting could air which felt like a butcher's blast freeze....and an older chap on the floor ( a bit of a joker & wind up merchant ) was sitting there typing away with a pair of of those on...the last time I saw them was when Peggie Gray  used to deliver milk to us when I was a child in the 60's in Newmachar.

Yes David I know the feeling....my fingers were frozen when I was at a ploughing match last Saturday...but I could not point and click with gloves on ;D   ;D 

Anyway I had a laugh at that because last year our air conditioning in the new office was blasting could air which felt like a butcher's blast freeze....and an older chap on the floor ( a bit of a joker & wind up merchant ) was sitting there typing away with a pair of of those on...the last time I saw them was when Peggie Gray  used to deliver milk to us when I was a child in the 60's in Newmachar.

I managed ok with the camera for the most part, but they would have certainly helped Bill. :)

Thanks for all the pics, David, some interesting machinery. I didn't get down this year because of the weather but by all accounts it was cold!

You're very welcome John. It's the first time i've been to LAMMA and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's been a while since I captured any of the latest modern developments from the equipment manufacturers. There was certainly some fascinating machinery on show. :) 

In desperate need of a photographic machinery fix I headed to Newark Showground for my first taste of an event i've been desperately keen to attend for the past few years. LAMMA. Despite the bitterly cold weather I had a very enjoyable day chasing around most of the major stands and also catching with good friends old and new. 

Starting with the "Grassmen" stand which also included some of Luke Furse's equipment on display.

P1260437_zps5416e6b2.jpg

This looks like a completely custom kane with high grain sides

Great pics click click as per

It is an amazing show and I'm sure it will expand next year with its new venue

Must admit on both days I had froze by 3pm so legged it back to the car

Thanks ever so much Bazza, appreciated. Great day out despite the freezing weather, been a good while since I attended a similar show to this. Looking forward to attending a lot more over the course of this year and sharing my photographic efforts on the forum. :)

I was there wednesday David, think I have been in all weathers over the last few years but this was definately the coldest.

It's certainly the coldest weather i've taken photographs in, in a very long time Tim. I probably could have done with both days to fully appreciate everything that was on show but I still had a fantastic time. :)