LAMMA 2013 - A Pictorial Review

Some great pics David, thanks for posting them up :)

Makes you wonder how big machinery is going to get.................... go back 40 years, a 6 and 8 ton grain trailers were a good load for tractors that averaged say 65-75hp and your average single axle slurry tanker was 750-1000 gallon......... then you see some of the monsters of the modern farming world, and you need to add another 200-250hp to the classics from back in the day............ what does the future hold for future generations of farmers and contractors????? :laugh:  :laugh:

Some great pics David, thanks for posting them up :)

Makes you wonder how big machinery is going to get.................... go back 40 years, a 6 and 8 ton grain trailers were a good load for tractors that averaged say 65-75hp and your average single axle slurry tanker was 750-1000 gallon......... then you see some of the monsters of the modern farming world, and you need to add another 200-250hp to the classics from back in the day............ what does the future hold for future generations of farmers and contractors? ???? :laugh:  :laugh:

Thanks ever so much Paul, appreciated. :)

In a short and sweet nut shell this was my overwhelming thought as I Ieft LAMMA for the first time: Huge trailers, huge tankers and huge sprayers. There certainly appeared to be a great emphasis placed on these particular implements at the show, more so than a lot of the other kit on display, and they certainly appeared to be generating a huge amount of interest. You've hit the nail on the head too Paul, to make the most of these you really are looking at the biggest rigid tractors on the market to pull and operate them to their maximum. Even in the 24 years ( a relatively short time ) i've been attending modern machinery shows, the pace of development and how large some of it has become is nothing short of mind boggling.    

Your right there David.............Sometimes i think the phrase "Sledgehammer to crack a walnut" springs to mind at the size of some of the modern tackle........ It's ok have a massive mowing machine if you've the forager with a big enough appetite....... but then you've to have big enough trailers and enough of them to cope with that output............ and unless you've a big clamp the man on the buckrake ends up pulling his tripe out trying to keep up as the loads get tipped, might be able to get on these days but sometimes i think the older smaller set ups can be just as productive without the millon pound pricetag :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures David. When looking at all the self propelled sprayers I think the Agrifac is still one of the best looking ;D . Ofcourse there's a reason for that.

Was wondering how tall the Horsch sprayer is with it's boom above the ca. Must be close to 4 meters high, or maye more.

Your right there David.............Sometimes i think the phrase "Sledgehammer to crack a walnut" springs to mind at the size of some of the modern tackle........ It's ok have a massive mowing machine if you've the forager with a big enough appetite....... but then you've to have big enough trailers and enough of them to cope with that output............ and unless you've a big clamp the man on the buckrake ends up pulling his tripe out trying to keep up as the loads get tipped, might be able to get on these days but sometimes i think the older smaller set ups can be just as productive without the millon pound pricetag :)

I must admit Paul, as an enthusiastic amateur machinery photographer having seen all of this enormous modern kit on display, i'd now dearly love to capture some of it action. That said I reckon I take more satisfaction from finding the older and smaller classic fleets still being used which are now much fewer. :)

Wish I could have made it down, but there's always next year I suppose

Certainly a show i'd recommend travelling to Harry if you get the chance. I know it's moving venues to Peterborough next year, really hoping to attend again if I can. :)

Thanks for the pictures David. When looking at all the self propelled sprayers I think the Agrifac is still one of the best looking ;D . Ofcourse there's a reason for that.

Was wondering how tall the Horsch sprayer is with it's boom above the ca. Must be close to 4 meters high, or maye more.

Thanks Jack, you're very welcome. The Condor is certainly one seriously impressive looking sprayer. As for the Horsch not sure on it's specific dimensions but it looked huge and was gaining a lot of attention. :)

you must have motored to get all them pics in one day david , some cracking stuff on show, how long till we see a white uh or wiking limited edition model done i wonder

poor andy looks frozen ,bet he doesnt forget a heater next year if he does the show again

according to atte they are,not sure what scale though,but definately marking their 100 years

you must have motored to get all them pics in one day david , some cracking stuff on show, how long till we see a white uh or wiking limited edition model done i wonder

poor andy looks frozen ,bet he doesnt forget a heater next year if he does the show again

I certainly wasn't hanging around Sean, largely because of how cold it was. Roughly 250 photographs in around 3 hours I think. Really pleased I was able to attend, there was some absolutely incredible kit on show. I can certainly see there being a few limited edition models coming from some of the "specials" on display. Maybe a 25th anniversary Magnum from Britains / Ertl and as you say I can well imagine someone doing a white Claas at some point.

With regards to where Andy was situated and the rest of the stands near him I personally think a show of this magnitude should of, and could of have arranged some proper heating facilities. It was uncomfortably cold in that particular hall.  

excellent photographs David, well done for braving the weather!  I'm especially enjoying the series Land Rover shots, oh and I spied one I built earlier, just like Blue Peter. (not the sprayer..) 

P1260594_zps06287006.jpg

Edited by AlexMF