LAMMA 2013 - A Pictorial Review

Moving onto the last of the major machinery stands I photographed and arguabley one of the most impressive. Claas's stand was very well set up and also included a number of  special white liveried machines to celebrate 100 years of harvesting excellence. How i'd love to capture the 760 Terra - Trac in action this summer.

P1260612_zps57b34285.jpg

P1260613_zps0735782c.jpg

P1260614_zps078a4df4.jpg

P1260615_zps67366533.jpg

P1260616_zps07de2590.jpg

P1260617_zps28943d03.jpg

Moving around into one of the coldest of halls I discovered Martyn Reeve's large selection of models he was offering for sale.......

P1260630_zpsb67d3d8f.jpg

......Whilst Andy was doing all he could to keep warm on the Model Farmer / F.T.F stand.

P1260631_zps8da43f87.jpg

Old Pond Publishing also had their usual fascinating array of books and DVDs for sale.

P1260632_zpsdce73dcc.jpg 

• Like 1

Blimey David I thought I saw quite a bit on Wednesday when I went but looks like I only saw half of it , really good pictures you've taken can't believe most of your pictures have have little or no people in them , looks quite unlike Wednesday , the tractors all look colder too , mind you because of the traffic didn't get in until 11 am

Excellent photos as usaul David, that white Lexion 760 will be working in essex/cambs & suffolk this harvest, its our machine but are very undecided as to weither to keep it like it, the jurys out !!  We had the combine new for last harvest so they did a grand job of cleaning her up. It went back to Manns after harvest to go in the showroom for customers to view as they didnt have unused one in the country at time then came up with idea if we would let them wrap it for Lamma then have it home as it is or put back to normal, would be intrested to hear peoples thoughts to feedback to paymasters as we cant decide at the mo !!

Blimey David I thought I saw quite a bit on Wednesday when I went but looks like I only saw half of it , really good pictures you've taken can't believe most of your pictures have have little or no people in them , looks quite unlike Wednesday , the tractors all look colder too , mind you because of the traffic didn't get in until 11 am

Thanks ever so much Phillip, appreciated. I'll admit whilst I always try my hardest to take people free photographs it's never the easiest of tasks at shows like this. I'm certainly getting more and more used to dashing around like the paparazzi at shows like this. :)  I took the majority of my photographs within around 3 hours of arriving at 9am. Really enjoyed my day. :)

Excellent photos as usaul David, that white Lexion 760 will be working in essex/cambs & suffolk this harvest, its our machine but are very undecided as to weither to keep it like it, the jurys out !!  We had the combine new for last harvest so they did a grand job of cleaning her up. It went back to Manns after harvest to go in the showroom for customers to view as they didnt have unused one in the country at time then came up with idea if we would let them wrap it for Lamma then have it home as it is or put back to normal, would be intrested to hear peoples thoughts to feedback to paymasters as we cant decide at the mo !!

Thanks for the information Mick, that's absolutely brilliant and great to hear the combine is in the hands of a forum member. I really do hope you keep it in it's current livery, which I think looks absolutely fantastic and unique. I'd dearly love to capture the combine in action in this livery. Thanks again for your very kind comments regards my photographs.  :)

Poor Andy looks frozen!!

I do like the Claas in white, looks like a nice combination to me. Lose the green I say!! Also like the Deutz stand too, their tractors have always appealed to me and the striking looks and lines they have I think are very cool, even without the weather of the day!! Must say, doesn't the Bateman look dated now compared to all these big wheeled European sprayers on the market now. On that note, the one with the height adjustable cab, why? Just for access and servicing or what? Seems an extravagant piece of work.

Interesting also to see that big Abbey tanker and the recently discussed tri-axle Stewart trailer sporting the spoon hitch and also these big silage trailers which do not have a swivelling hitch.... I would have thought they would all have these nowadays to be honest. Good to see the Massey combine sporting the draper header too, good old Powerflow must still be up there among the best headers on the market worldwide.

Lovely photos, David. Thanks for the time you took at the show and here on FTF putting them up. It didn;t look terribly busy, David? Good timing with the photos inbetween crowds or was it fairly quiet?

I really wanted to attend this show but I couldn't get time off work, I was going to give Andy a hand on the FTF/Model Farmer stall but after seeing how cold it was I am in two minds now. I would like to have gone but I really hate being cold!

Poor Andy looks frozen!!

I do like the Claas in white, looks like a nice combination to me. Lose the green I say!! Also like the Deutz stand too, their tractors have always appealed to me and the striking looks and lines they have I think are very cool, even without the weather of the day!! Must say, doesn't the Bateman look dated now compared to all these big wheeled European sprayers on the market now. On that note, the one with the height adjustable cab, why? Just for access and servicing or what? Seems an extravagant piece of work.

Interesting also to see that big Abbey tanker and the recently discussed tri-axle Stewart trailer sporting the spoon hitch and also these big silage trailers which do not have a swivelling hitch.... I would have thought they would all have these nowadays to be honest. Good to see the Massey combine sporting the draper header too, good old Powerflow must still be up there among the best headers on the market worldwide.

Lovely photos, David. Thanks for the time you took at the show and here on FTF putting them up. It didn;t look terribly busy, David? Good timing with the photos inbetween crowds or was it fairly quiet?

He was certainly fully layered up and didn't have the benefit of the heater until thursday. The hall Andy was located in was without question the coldest of all the undercover display areas.

My favourite stands were definitely the Deutz - Fahr, New Holland and Claas display areas. They were really well laid out and accomodating. Must admit whilst i'm not all that keen on any of the "all looks the same" generic curvy plastic styling adorning the majority of the major tractor brands nowadays ( the '80s child in me ) I do think the Deutz - Fahr tractors are some of the smartest looking modern tractors out there at the moment.

I did wonder about the adjustable cab height on the Berthoud and Tecnoma sprayers and thinking whilst it looked clever was it all that necessary? Totally agree with you too regards the Bateman appearing to show it's age and relative small size compared to the likes of the Rogator, Horsch and Agrifac machines which were certainly garnering a huge amount of attention whilst I was there.

Thanks again for your very kind comments Tris. Whilst the show was busy I wouldn't say it was rammed aisle to aisle with spectators which allowed me enough chances to take as many people free photographs as I could. There were certainly some stands and exhibits you had to be pretty quick at pressing the shutter button to gain a clear shot. The Claas and New Holland stands appeared to be the busiest whilst I was there. :)

I really wanted to attend this show but I couldn't get time off work, I was going to give Andy a hand on the FTF/Model Farmer stall but after seeing how cold it was I am in two minds now. I would like to have gone but I really hate being cold!

It was difficult to avoid the cold unless you were stationed on one of the stands in the white marquees and George Stephenson Hall Mike. Seemingly little or no thought at all had gone into providing heating for those located where Andy was based. There was at least one occasion where I thought I was definitely pressing the shutter button down on my camera to take a photograph, when in actual fact my hand just wasn't moving at all! ;D   

i do like claas stuff,just looks good to me,i have only drove a claas atles,which we all know was really a renault,also i have a very nice person at claas that gets me all kinds of model  stuff,dealer posters,calenders,all the stuff really,so  thats my tie with them,im not a lover of all these different colour schemes,i like the original,somehow the white arion to me looks awful,yet the baler and especially the lexion 760 in white does looks good,any model maker out there going to make it?

David you should have popped on the Hackett stand my Dad would have given you a hot tea or something by all accounts I heard it was freezing there.

Good pictures mate

Thanks ever so much Oliver, appreciated. That's certainly the coldest weather i've taken photographs in a very long time. The Christmas Stages rally at Croft motor racing circuit back in December '08 was probably the last time I felt that cold taking photographs. That cuppa would have certainly gone down a treat. I still had a great day though. Thanks again. :)

i do like claas stuff,just looks good to me,i have only drove a claas atles,which we all know was really a renault,also i have a very nice person at claas that gets me all kinds of model  stuff,dealer posters,calenders,all the stuff really,so  thats my tie with them,im not a lover of all these different colour schemes,i like the original,somehow the white arion to me looks awful,yet the baler and especially the lexion 760 in white does looks good,any model maker out there going to make it?

The Claas stand was certainly one the best laid out at the show Paul. Whilst i'm not the biggest fan of these special edition liveries either I was quite taken with the simple plain white colour scheme adorning the Claas equipment. Especially on the 760 Terra - Trac. :)