Britains Redland wheel loader

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Redland-Heavy-Digger-Road-Series-Year1987-Model-Number-9914-Boxed-/321225784874

Always fancied one of these, can remember as a kid thinking how good it would be for shovelling the sand grain on my farm!  I just wondered what if anything the model is based on, if anyone knows.

Ta

A resemblance alright Nigel, though not an exact copy - I think in one of Warner Hall's articles he said the shovel was adapted from the road roller?

They do share the same rear end, I saw a back end on a stall that was cheap and thought of buying it and remaking the front but never did. I know nothing about the model but like others it's one that intrigues me :)

They do share the same rear end, I saw a back end on a stall that was cheap and thought of buying it and remaking the front but never did. I know nothing about the model but like others it's one that intrigues me :)

I bought one to convert to an L70 and got lazy  :-[

There is one in the parents attic belonging to my brother. Its the yellow forestry one. Its missing its log grab as far as I can remember. Back in the carpet farming days ,it had its log grab removed & we mannaged to attach the Britains pushoff buckrake to it (minus a prong or 2 :laugh: ) & had it pushing up mowed garden grass outside in the summer months. ;D  ;D . Britains Claas Jag picking up ,Ford 5610, MF 2680 , Lambo 1705  & a ROS Fiat 80-90 carting with Britains Claas tippers  a Ford TW-25 (non powerfarm) with the Vicon mower nocking the garden grass.  Late 80's /early 90's era.

There is one in the parents attic belonging to my brother. Its the yellow forestry one. Its missing its log grab as far as I can remember. Back in the carpet farming days ,it had its log grab removed & we mannaged to attach the Britains pushoff buckrake to it (minus a prong or 2 :laugh: ) & had it pushing up mowed garden grass outside in the summer months. ;D  ;D . Britains Claas Jag picking up ,Ford 5610, MF 2680 , Lambo 1705  & a ROS Fiat 80-90 carting with Britains Claas tippers  a Ford TW-25 (non powerfarm) with the Vicon mower nocking the garden grass.  Late 80's /early 90's era.

maybe its time to grease the olde girl up and get her going again ........1/32 style

maybe its time to grease the olde girl up and get her going again ........1/32 style

Was thinking the same thing. But the loader arms are broken on it as far as I know.  The Ford 5610 & Claas Jag have been treated to the clean up alright & the Claas tippers are still knocking around  . The Jag is as good as  the day it left its box & she has a lot off  mulched garden grass picked up from the footpaths around the house!!!   ;D  . There is pics of them on my collection page. Might fire up a pic of the old loader if I come across it.

in my days I was running a britains massey feguson 595 carting off lawn grass from a ford 6600 and forge harvester

on the pit there was a corgi scale but not corgi ....plastic BLUE massey ferguson 165 with a silver plastic loadermust have been lawn harvest campaign of about 1979 if I remember ha ha

I would have love the Volvo loader would have made mince meat of our long grass back in the day

we wernt carpet farmers more lawn and flower bed farmers ;D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  

in my days I was running a britains massey feguson 595 carting off lawn grass from a ford 6600 and forge harvester

on the pit there was a corgi scale but not corgi ....plastic BLUE massey ferguson 165 with a silver plastic loadermust have been lawn harvest campaign of about 1979 if I remember ha ha

I would have love the Volvo loader would have made mince meat of our long grass back in the day

we wernt carpet farmers more lawn and flower bed farmers ;D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  

Id say ive had every Britains tractor from the early 80's Ford 6600 right up to a Powerfarm County powering that #9542 harvester threw my carpet farming years .  ;D  ;D

Archived