Manitou 840 MLT

bluegreen

I was very surprised how little response the recent Manitou 840MLT  telehandler received upon its Autumn release....................after all Manitou are only second to JCB in UK sales of loadalls  and therefore a very common site on farm.        

I am guessing most of you already have chosen a telehandler toy or model from JCB, Merlo or Claas.................maybe MF, NH or Bobcat.....................I  bought the Merlo myself which was a good model but in its reallife 9metre boomed version with rear linkage its so rare Ive never seen one!...............I also bought Britains JCB TM310 which is OK and the more recent 550-80 which was better still, however this new Manitou is the dogs doodahs 8) and easily the best popular branded telehandler model Ive seen todate :)

Seeing as both the local John Deere and New Holland dealers sell Manitous there are lots around me so I thought I would take a few pictures of mine working with a pair of Deeres on muck spreaders......................I think you will agree that until now there haven't been any decent pictures of one online.

At £34 its great value with 4ws and has my preferred muck bucket as standard................I can soon convert one of my JCB buckets to suit so its the perfect model for my set up and a really nice colour contrast to all the green models of various shades I already own ;D

post-743-0-80556600-1388345218_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-39368600-1388345276_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-95653200-1388345327_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-34448400-1388345370_thumb.jpg

Looks like a great model BG and certainly complements those wrong shade of greens. Where have you found it for £34 as a quick web search brings a price range of £40 to £55 ? Personally I went for Bobcat when looking for a telehandler even though I've only ever seen the smaller TL360 model at a show as it looked the part and had the features I wanted, forks and a screen cover and I have to say I think it is a grand model and one of the best residing in my small collection. Does the door open on the Manitou? The hinges on the door look like they do. One other question, what's the yellow piece just under the boom above the rear right hand wheel?

Looks like a great model BG and certainly complements those wrong shade of greens. Where have you found it for £34 as a quick web search brings a price range of £40 to £55 ? Personally I went for Bobcat when looking for a telehandler even though I've only ever seen the smaller TL360 model at a show as it looked the part and had the features I wanted, forks and a screen cover and I have to say I think it is a grand model and one of the best residing in my small collection. Does the door open on the Manitou? The hinges on the door look like they do. One other question, what's the yellow piece just under the boom above the rear right hand wheel?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that it is to support the boom  when you are working on the the machine. sort of a safety feature. :)

The cab door does indeed open.....................the model is well made (one of UHs best) but not too heavy......................actually I paid Â£40 online  with Drews of Dinton. a Manitou dealer..................4ws and more metal than the JCBs put it above Britains but admittedly its double the price. 

• 3 years later...
On 2/18/2017 at 6:33 PM, 0025 said:

Ive been on with the Uh scorpions and Kramer's, was considering a wiking 7055. However claas is due to change to liebherr, so I'll probably wait...

The Wiking Scorpion does look nice - going back to question, I haven't seen any photos of the 840 without its bucket so assume it must be fixed - not to worry

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

all uh ones are fixed joe, but only by a few small screws, 3 oaks  do different attachments , as do a few other builders,like perfect 32. only one i have seen thats removable is the wiking class telehandler 

Is there a topic on how to remove/re attach them on? 

Thanks for clearing that up Sean. Just had a quick look at the Perfect 32 site...some lovely stuff on there.  I contacted three oaks a while ago regarding a bucket for the Merlo but not heard back as yet.   I have the other attachments which came with the Multifarmer just neither came with a plain old grain bucket.

Hope to get the Manitou so can have a look at taking the attachment off.

2 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Thanks for clearing that up Sean. Just had a quick look at the Perfect 32 site...some lovely stuff on there.  I contacted three oaks a while ago regarding a bucket for the Merlo but not heard back as yet.   I have the other attachments which came with the Multifarmer just neither came with a plain old grain bucket.

Hope to get the Manitou so can have a look at taking the attachment off.

i waited over 4 months for a reply to an email Joe fom 3 oaks,he must be very busy,great builds though

Archived