Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave that to Timmy Beetroot... it's his pic after all  ;)

Done!  ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Good one beetie :D :D

Cheers for the comments lads!  :)

Why am I in jail though, and were is my pink thong ??? I rather wear nothing at all than an orange jail dress ::) ::)

I told you why, trespassing and attempt of theft is a crime where I come from!  ;)

:D :D :D :D Oh Beetie lad....

What a journal.... I've got aching cheeks from laughing so much mate.... Why do I only get to drive the horrible Johnny Queers when that wonderful 3630 is sitting doing nothing  :'( :'(

Just one thing though... Mrs F say that NO WAY would she pay for my ticket home  :'( - in fact... she says she'll pay you to keep me there  :'( :'(

Oh... and Barry Stunt... when will you ever grow up young man  >:( - Slingshots... criminal damage... at your age... I hope the police go to town on you when they catch you.....

Hooligan  >:(

The JQ'a are your punshment for trespassing. If you don't take a hammer to them, you might find yourself in the 3630!  ;)

I'm curious, would you lot like me to add a bit of humour to my journals once in a while when the farming year starts out again?  ???

Ummm... Now and again Timmy Beetroot... but don't let it take over your CRACKING journals mate... much as I like to see Barry's bum in the air and his face on the ground... Your journals have been simply brilliant without the humour...

and any way... I do the jokes around here  >:(

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FARM JOURNAL #24

This week has been slow on the farm, we are trying to work on small projects and tidy up the farm for the spring. We have had extremely cold days over the past few days, fortunately all of our employees showed up for work each day, and all that needed to get done was finished.

Our excavator has been giving us problems ever since Christmas, so we will be sending it to the dealer for repair. In the meantime, we are using the IH backhoe to continue digging the areas of the pond that have not frozen over:

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

View from the cab:

IMG_1771.jpg

From a distance:

IMG_1772.jpg

Meanwhile, Marky is in the skid steer picking up any loose dirt that may have fallen into the pond while digging out the pond:

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

Dumping the dirt in the dirt pile:

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

Meanwhile, another farm employee is moving our recently purchased forage chopper and wagon down to the barn:

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

Because Marky had not attempted to vandalize any of the John Deere's over the past week, he got to ride out into the woods in the 3630 to search for the evil Bazza:

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

He searched all of the trails and fortunately found nothing, so he turned around and headed back for the farmyard:

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

Here is this week's background image:

Background26.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks.

Oh Tim... they just get better... so pleased I was allowed a go in the Massey at last  :-* - sorry about the mess I left on the seat  :-[ - I was excited....

As for Bazza... I just LOVE that description... the "evil" Bazza... just sums him up really  ;)

Like the digger shots as well... very nice mate... I keep expecting a "snow clearing" one.. when's your snow booked for Tim  ???

Good yarn: nice pics  ;)

Cheers John!

great pics ccf that mf looks nice  :)

Cheers Rich!

Oh Tim... they just get better... so pleased I was allowed a go in the Massey at last  :-* - sorry about the mess I left on the seat  :-[ - I was excited....

As for Bazza... I just LOVE that description... the "evil" Bazza... just sums him up really  ;)

Like the digger shots as well... very nice mate... I keep expecting a "snow clearing" one.. when's your snow booked for Tim  ???

Cheers Marky, you do realize that cleaning the MF is your job though.  :D :D ;) As a matter of fact we got a bit of snow this morning, I think I will have a second snow removal journal next sunday.  :)

Now children...respect Bazza  :D :D :D

great tim every time love it, one thing though does marky know he was driving a john deere. ::) ::):D :D i expect he will come out in a rash now. :o :o

Cheers Mark!

FARM JOURNAL #25

Today, a snowstorm passed through the farm, and left us with 2 inches of snow. Normally we would have left the snow to melt, but, seeing that the pigs needed cleaning and feeding, we got out the snowblower and skidsteer to clean a path up to the pig barn.

Cleaning the road from the equipment shed to the barn:

1881.jpg

1882.jpg

In order to get firewood for customers, the path out to the woodpile was cleared:

1883.jpg

1884.jpg

1885.jpg

1886.jpg

1888.jpg

Turning around and heading back to the barn:

1889.jpg

1890.jpg

Now that the pathway is clear, a couple farm employees are riding up to the pig barn in the Gator:

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

Meanwhile, another farm employee is plowing the snow off of the roads with the skid steer. Becuase we have grass and delicate plants on each sides of the road, we use the skid steer to plow the snow into a pile rather than throwing the snow on top on the plants:

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Dumping the snow into a pile:

IMG_1905.jpg

Plowing the rest of the road:

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

Here is this week's background image:

Background27.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

I would like to thank John Cranston (jdc) for adding the snowblower effect to the photos

This concludes the 2006 Cider Hill Farms Farm Journals. Depending on the weather, the 2007 Farm Jorunals will start anywhere from early to late March.

Superb Tim... some really cracking pics there as always mate... I really appreciate the effort you must have gone to to get these pics for your journal... whilst I'm sat here in the warm... and you are out on your hands and knees in the snow  ;)

Well done John as well... nice effect you have achieved in the pics... very realistic... Can I pinch one for my desktop please Tim  ???

Superb Tim... some really cracking pics there as always mate... I really appreciate the effort you must have gone to to get these pics for your journal... whilst I'm sat here in the warm... and you are out on your hands and knees in the snow  ;)

Well done John as well... nice effect you have achieved in the pics... very realistic... Can I pinch one for my desktop please Tim  ???

Of course mate...be my guest.  :)