Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent pics Tim, didn't realise you had any snow down your way. We still don't have any  ;D

Cheers Scott! Had a little snow, yes, only about 2 inches though. Last weekend's 20 degree temperatures melted what was left of it though.  :)

FARM JOURNAL #22

Today, we came back from an equipment auction with some more machinery for the farm. At the auction, we bought a John Deere pull behind forage chopper and wagon, and a like new Massey Ferguson 3630 for the farm. We were able to bring the Massey Ferguson home this weekend. The John Deere forage chopper and harvester will be picked up in the middle fo the week.

Arriving at the farm with our latest purchase:

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Taking a spin around the farm:

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Turning around and heading back to the entrance of the farm:

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

Parking the tractor out by the wood pile. Overall, we are pleased with our new tractor. It drives and sounds like new:

IMG_1709.jpg

We came back later in the evening to move the tractor into the barn, only to find the large sound of a chainsaw. A few workers snuck up behind a bush with a pair of binoculars to see what was going on. They spotted Barry Stunt cutting up firewood to spread around the tractor. We watched him position the wood all around our new tractor. When he was about to pull a box of matches out of his pocket, the farm employees jumped out and scared him off:

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

At the same moment, a man with a pink thong tried to steal off with our tractor. Fortunately we closed the fuel shutoff valve, so he only got about 500 feet before the tractor stalled. He got out of the cab and ran:

1715.jpg

Just when we thought it couldn't get any stranger, a man with a long nose in a yellow Massey Ferguson 35X drove by the scene. We will be reporting today's events to the local police:

IMG_1717.jpg

Here is this week's background image:

Background24.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

FARM JOURNAL #22

Today, we came back from an equipment auction with some more machinery for the farm. At the auction, we bought a John Deere pull behind forage chopper and wagon, and a like new Massey Ferguson 3930 for the farm. We were able to bring the Massey Ferguson home this weekend. The John Deere forage chopper and harvester will be picked up in the middle fo the week.

i think you should take the tractor back to the auction, i'm sure its a 3630 :D :D :D

Nice work again Tim ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh Tim... that's the best journal so far mate  ;):-*:-* :-*

Sooooooooooo nice to see some red (and old yellow) on Cider Hill Farm at last.... you don't know how much you have made an old man Happy Tim... Many thanks

Barry is looking a little pasty as well... looks like he need some sun on his face  :D :D :D

Oh...

Can we have Barry having a REALLY NASTY accident next week... under the wheels of the 3630  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh Tim... that's the best journal so far mate  ;):-*:-* :-*

Sooooooooooo nice to see some red (and old yellow) on Cider Hill Farm at last.... you don't know how much you have made an old man Happy Tim... Many thanks

Barry is looking a little pasty as well... looks like he need some sun on his face  :D :D :D

Oh...

Can we have Barry having a REALLY NASTY accident next week... under the wheels of the 3630  ;D

i think he's taking it back to the auction  ;) ;)

FARM JOURNAL #23

This week, the owner of Cider Hill Farms and his wife took a one week trip out to New Zealand to visit Oliver Percy's Farm. Mr Percy gave a small tour of the farm and some of the machinery, the farm owner and his wife were able to bring back some good photos of some of the farm machinery used in New Zealand. Back at the farm, the employees worked to keep the farm running all week. To help make the work a bit easier, the owner of the farm hired an additional employee before he left for New Zealand. Overall it worked out well, and all fo the farm tasks were completed.

A picture of Oli's wee Deutz parked in the shed around the back of his yard ready to pull his old dusty/bird sh!t cover gun out for the first time this year. He had a late start to irrigation this year because of the rain, hence still got the last irrigator  in the yard at X mas time:

TiminNZ.jpg

The gun trolley being pulled out on a worked paddock before drilling the winters green feed kale:

Timatwork.jpg

Back at the farm, an employee is picking up our John Deere Chopper and wagon we purchased in the farm auction several weeks ago:

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

Driving up and parking alongside the field:

IMG_1742.jpg

Recently, Mark Channel was caught and arrested by the police and charged with trespassing and theft of property. His wife paid for his bail and plane ticket home, but he had to have the money to pay her back when he got home, or he would never see his collection or tractor again. Marky came to us for a job so he could have the money he needed. He will be working until the end of the first hay cutting in May, when he will have made enough money to pay back his wife. Marky will be mostly operating the John Deere loader and skid steers while he is working for us. Marky?s first job is to grade the road near the larger pig pens:

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

When Marky finished grading the road, he picked up some of the rocks that popped up from the rainstorms in the skid steer:

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

Dumping the rocks in the rock pile:

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

After several buckets full of rocks, the roads were clear enough to drive on again. As marky was about to get in his car and leave, he heard an occasional pinging noise coming from the rock pile. He went up to see where the noise was coming from:

IMG_1756.jpg

At the top of the pile was none other than Barry Stunt, using a slingshot to shoot rocks at the MF:

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

As soon as he saw Marky, he bolted for the woods. Marky got back in the skid steer and chased him:

IMG_1762.jpg

Just as Barry was almost in the clear, he tripped on a rock that Marky missed while cleaning off the roads:

IMG_1763.jpg

Just as Marky was about to reach him, Barry realized what had just happened, and got back up and bolted for the woods. This time, he made it to the woods:

IMG_1764.jpg

We called the police, and alerted them of Barry Stunt. According to the police, there have been 5 other reports of a strange man running around and trying to set fire to MF?s. There is now a $250 reward for finding Barry Stunt. Meanwhile at the police station, Nathan was not in the best of moods, the police has taken away his ?clothes? that he was wearing, and replaced them with jail cell clothes:

IMG_1768.jpg

Here is this week?s background image:

Background25.jpg

Hate to say it, but that?s all for this week folks!

I would like to thank Oli (Fendt Power) for providing the New Zealand pictures and descriptions.

:D :D :D :D Oh Beetie lad....

What a journal.... I've got aching cheeks from laughing so much mate.... Why do I only get to drive the horrible Johnny Queers when that wonderful 3630 is sitting doing nothing  :'( :'(

Just one thing though... Mrs F say that NO WAY would she pay for my ticket home  :'( - in fact... she says she'll pay you to keep me there  :'( :'(

Oh... and Barry Stunt... when will you ever grow up young man  >:( - Slingshots... criminal damage... at your age... I hope the police go to town on you when they catch you.....

Hooligan  >:(

:D :D :D Fantastic Tim  :D :D

Made my day mate I have been p**sing myself here  :D :D

MArky driving his favourite models, Marky working fullstop, I don't think Mrs F would pay his bail though  :D :D

As for the slingshots classic  :D :D

I didn't fall over I was just mooning at Marky  :D and Marky why are your legs open with me in that position  ???