Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh Tim... superb mate... spat my coffee out then mate...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - Now I know what wallpaper pic I will have  ;D

Another cracking read mate  ;)

Cheers mate, thought you would like it!  :D :D :D

Excellent stuff, and even though he's drowning, he can still smile about it - what a guy!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Joe!  :)

great pics tim, can we borrow the jd crawler as we have several trees down this wa at the mo after last nights storm

Same, one right behind my house  ::)

I'll let you two decide who wants to come pick it up!  ;)

:D :D :D :D Superb Tim superb  :D :D :D

It is true he tried to kill me a few weeks back also  >:(

Why Oh why I ask myself  :D :D :D

Cheers Udi, turned out well eh mate?  :D :D ;)

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great journal Tim, laughs a plenty. I don't know about that being Udi Fergimore though looks more like Pops to me  :D :D :D :D

Cheers Scott, hope to do several others like that next year.  ;D:D :D :D

Posted this in General Discussion, thought that I shoud Include it in this topic aswell.  :)

IMG_14802508x600.jpg

I will be posting my next Journal tommorow, the theme will be Christmas on the Farm Part 1.  :)

FARM JOURNAL #19

Today, we opened up our Christmas tree stand on the farm. Normally we set up the stand near the pond, but we decided to set it up on the field this year due to the new pig pens taking up the space by the pond. The first day was successful, and we surprisingly sold most of our trees. We will hopefully get some more trees from the local tree farm for our stand next week.

De-attaching the rear grader blade from the loader, and attaching it to the crawler:

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

Cleaning up the front entrance to the farm:

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Digging post holes for the stands:

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

Filling in the dirt around the post:

IMG_1455.jpg

Stands all set up:

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Driving the loader out of the fields before cars show up:

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

Hauling a load of trees purchased by customers to the checkout line:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

Dropping the trees off at the checkout line, and going back to help a few other customers haul their trees to the checkout line before closing time:

IMG_1488.jpg

It has only been one day, and we have sold nearly 50 trees to our customers. We take the proceeds each year, and split it between charity organizations, and tune ups for tractors with hydraulic pistons next spring.

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

Here's what to expect for the rest of 2006:

-Farm Journal #20

-A few desktop wallpaper items from existing photos

Like any other good thing, nothing goes on forever. I will be taking a break from Farm Journals for a while after Farm Journal #20. My Journals will resume on January 7th.

Yet again supper pics there tim. I love your work. Thanks Nick

Cheers nick, did you ever get the pictures?  :)

Cracking journal Tim... Love the xmas theme mate.... don't EVER stop doing them please  ;) :'(

Don't plan on stopping them anywhere in the forseeable future mate, cheers for the comments!  :)

Well done Tim and thanks for all the pics and descriptions this year mate  ;)

Great work really appreciate all the time and effort you have put in putting these together  ;)

As bignose says ' keep them coming for 2007  ;) ;)

Cheers UDI, the comments are appreciated!  :)

I plan on putting up the last journal for 2006 next Wendesday.

FARM JOURNAL #20

Today we had a mild day, so we decided to finish decorating the farm for Christmas. We took a few of our loaders and other pieces of machinery, and used them as lifts for hanging up ornaments on several of our Balsam trees by the equipment shed.

Several brave farm workers being lifted up in the loader buckets to hang some of the ornaments on the trees:

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

Starting up the excavator:

IMG_1506.jpg

One brave worker going up the tree in the excavator bucket and attaching the star to the top of the tree:

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Turning on the lights:

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks! I will be taking a break from my Farm Journals for several weeks, I will start them again on January 7, 2007.

That All Blue chap in the JD looks like some sort of superhero from a Marvel comic or simialar. I would have thought he could have flow up to the top of the tree with the star?

Names for the superhero anyone?

Marvelous Morphin Markey?  ;)

That All Blue chap in the JD looks like some sort of superhero from a Marvel comic or simialar. I would have thought he could have flow up to the top of the tree with the star?

Names for the superhero anyone?

Marvelous Morphin Markey?  ;)

Now I like that.. has that certain ring to it  :D :D

Well done Tim... what a GREAT topic to end this year off with mate - superb.... now Health & Safety want to speak to you about all those bucket rides  >:(:D :D :D

Cheers Lads!

Ben- The tree is about 9ft tall in real life.  :)

Now the rest of you, do your best to keep your mouthes shut about the bucket rides!  :D :D :D

I hope to have the snowblowing Journal up in the first week of January, the backgrounds will be done over the next few weeks.  :)