Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKSGIVING DOWN ON THE FARM

Today, Cider Hill Farms and several other farms got together to help out a family farm in need. Due to a serious illness in the family, the family was unable to farm or attend to others duties around the farm. With the winter coming and the ground freezing up, the unplowed fields needed to be tilled soon. So, as soon as these farms were done with their Turkey roast, they hopped in their tractors and headed down to the family farm to Get R' Done!

Cleaning up all of the dead Corn plants off of the field:

IMG_1271.jpg

Disking the fields:

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

Tilling the fields:

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

Cutting the grass in front of the farm and picking up the large branches:

IMG_1283.jpg

Mucking out the cow pen:

IMG_1279.jpg

Overall, the day was successful and the fields got tilled. It's good to know that you are helping others, these farmers took Thanksgiving as a day for being thankful to be able to still farm their lands, and help others when they are in need.

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks! Next week's journal will focus on a summary of Cider Hill Farms' 2006 season.

Superb Tim... I see you have a new skid steer on the farm mate... love the pics as usual mate... The journals just get better and better mate... keep it up  ;)

Cheers Marky! The skidsteer does not belong to Cider Hill, it belongs to one of the other farms that came. I got the skidsteer for Christmas last year, and decided not to take it outside as I had enough skid steers. I doubt you all will be seeing this skid steer in a farm journal any time soon.  :(  :)

What a great storyline Tim.  :)

Cheers Jason, tried to do a little something different for the occasion this time.  :)

love it tim :) your pictures are excellent very clear.

Cheers Mark, appreciate the comments!  :)

nice work Tim, you should collate them all and set up a website ;)

looked like the grass did need a cut though ;):) :) :)

Cheers Ben! I do have all of the photos on websites already, the links are as follows:

Cider Hill Farms 2005 album: http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/CiderHillFarms05/

Cider Hill Farms 2006 album: http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/CiderHillFarms06/

Feel free to check them out, I have all of the photos ever taken on Cider Hill in these two albums. There are some photos that have never been posted aswell!  :)

I have another journal coming this evening, so keep your eyes peeled.  :)

Yet more great display pics Tim. Are we going to see any 1/32 once winter sets in?  Where did you get the deer from (are they close to 1/32 or 1/16 ?)

Cheers Scott. Hold the thought on the 32nd display, I have something coming this evening!  ;D

the deer are about 32nd, I got them from a toy shop up in New Hampshire I believe.  :)

Excellent again mate...... :)

Some line-up you have in the barn...... :o

Winter on the way now though with the snow blower coming out...... ;)

Cheers mate, you will be seeing some snow blowing action in one of the Mini Journals this year.  :)

FARM JOURNAL #15

Another year has come and gone, and the farm is still going strong. Even though 2006 was a bad year for growing crops, we managed to make this our most successful year. Much equipment was purchased, such as a new manure spreader, planter, and an excavator to help us with our daily duties on the farm. More land was rented and more land on the farm was used for farming, resulting in the farm producing over 12 different crops throughout the course of the year. Here are some of our best scenes of our accomplishments from 2006, Here's to another good crop yield in 2007!

Our largest purchase by far in 2006, the Caterpillar excavator:

112-1201_IMG.jpg

113-1307_IMG.jpg

The new manure spreader came to be a great help on the farm, we no longer have to rely on other farms to borrow their manure spreaders:

112-1280_IMG-1.jpg

112-1281_IMG.jpg

112-1283_IMG.jpg

A new planter on the farm sped up planting:

112-1296_IMG.jpg

113-1335_IMG.jpg

As always, our 9420T and 2770 made tilling all of the fields in less than two days possible:

112-1292_IMG.jpg

112-1293_IMG.jpg

113-1312_IMG.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

With the excavator, we were able to increase the depth of Cider Hill pond:

113-1332_IMG.jpg

113-1332_IMG2.jpg

Onions were a popular crop this year, we plan to double our onion crops in 2007:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

We started introducing farm animals to the farm:

IMG_0964.jpg

We finished off our irrigation system in the spare time that we had:

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

We managed to stick on top of maitenence this year:

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

...And still had the time to help out others in need:

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

There were good times down on the farm:

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

......And there were some bad times:

113-1370_IMG.jpg

But overall the year turned out to be productive. Here are some ariel shots of the farm on the last full day of operation of the year:

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

Here are some thing to expect on the farm in 2007:

-Larger acreage

-More farm animals

-A few new pieces of machinery, some brands not yet explored by the farm (Yes Marky, there will be an MF come next spring ::) )

I will wait to announce the rest of the changes for 2007 until early Spring.

Potential Mini-Journals:

-Hauling wood

-Bulldozing & digging pond

-Christmas on the farm part I

-Christmas on the farm part II

-Snow blowing/ snow plowing

-Forestry work

A few other unannounced Mini Journals will appear between now and Spring.

Until next year

-Cider Hill Farms

Great pics Tim........:P  That one on the rippled pond is fantastic. Thatnks for posting and for the info on the deer  :);)

Cheers Scott, glad to help mate  :)

fantastic Tim  8) 8) :P :P an inspiration to us all .love the pond pictures.can't wait till next time. :) :)

Cheers Mark, really appreciate the comments!  :)

excellent work again Tim, i think someone should do a 1:32 version. Martin would be good at it ;) ;)

Cheers Ben, a 32nd outdoor display could be a good idea eh  :)

Well done Tim... a great year this year mate.... they get better and better... Can't wait to see the Massey on the Farm mate... I'm looking forward to that one mate  ;D

Cheers mate...Don't mean to brag but looking at the next pictures from my latest photo shoot,  you aint' seen nothin' yet!  ;D

nice tim, like the big cat excavator to mate, like marky says get a fergy on there and the farm will be fully complete then

Cheers Sean, looks as though it will be a classic MF down on the farm in 2007.  :)

In order to post both Christmas Journals before the holidays, I will be posting two Mini Journals this week. Look for the first one come this Wednesday.

FARM JOURNAL #16

Today, a few of the 5 employees working for the winter on the farm went out in the woods to get some firewood. With the long winter coming, many families using wooden stoves to keep warm need firewood. We managed to stack 5 chords of wood today for several of our customers. Over the next few weeks, customers will come to pick up their firewood from the stack of wood.

Picking up some wood from cut down trees in the woods:

IMG_1354.jpg

Raising a full bucket:

IMG_1356.jpg

Driving up the ramps and unloading onto the flatbed:

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

Going back for another load:

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Flatbed full with firewood. Tying down the firewood and bringing to wood to the woodpile:

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Bringing Ramps with loader:

IMG_1370.jpg

Unloading the wood and and stacking into the woodpile:

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Packing up the track after unloading. The loader was parked off to the side, as we will be using it to clean downed branches off of the path tomorrow. We stacked some of the extra wood into the back of the flatbed for our wood stove in the barn. The wood stove in the barn is only used when the power goes out to keep the pigs warm:

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

Here is next week's preview picture, this should keep everyone wondering!

IMG_14172.jpg

;D ;D Super pics Tim. You realy enjoy this dont you you can tell with your pics they are so clear and sharp. I love looking at all these pics. Thanks alot

Cheers mate! Yes, I do enjoy seeing how realistic I can get the pictures to turn out. Still a long way from looking real but hey it's a shot at it!  :)

Excellent as always Tim.  ;)

Cheers Jason!  :)