Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what a load of old rubbish...  ::)

Good job you had the Johnny ***** there to pick it all up Timmy lad... cracking read as alwats mate... now then... next week... digging a hole to drop Bazza into mate  ???

Keep it up Tim... I will NEVER EVER get fed up with these journals mate  ;)

Well what a load of old rubbish...  ::)

Good job you had the Johnny ***** there to pick it all up Timmy lad... cracking read as alwats mate... now then... next week... digging a hole to drop Bazza into mate  ???

Keep it up Tim... I will NEVER EVER get fed up with these journals mate  ;)

Cheers Marky!  :)

Me neither, really good, I think your digging a pond.

Can't wait for the next one, keep it up Beetie mate  ;)

Cheers Luke,glad you had the chance to come and view it!  :)

Great stuff Tim as always  ;)

You must be expecting a MF delivery shortly with all that firewood mate  ;)

Cheers Barry, as a matter of fact we are expecting a MF delivery  :D :D :D Not until the spring though!

I'll PM you when the secret is out on the next Journal mate.  :-X;)

well done Timothy!!!. So is the digger digging a grave for the JD's to go in? ???::)

You know, that's not a half bad idea!! Would have the bl@@dy EPA after me for doing that though!  ;D

FARM JOURNAL #17

Today, we were busy hauling a downed tree on the farm. A worker called the business office at 6am today while on pig cleaning shift, saying that a downed tree had fallen in between the pig barn and the lawnmower barn. We hauled out the 2010 crawler, and moved the tree out to the brush pile. Thankfully neither no one was hurt, and the pigs nor the farm equipment were harmed.

The downed tree, a view from the front of the farm:

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

Towing the tree with the John Deere 2010 crawler. The governor was straining to keep the engine running, but we managed to haul the tree to the brush pile:

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Arriving at the brush pile:

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Positioning the tree with the excavator:

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

The tree in the brush pile:

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Packing up for the day:

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

I have another Journal coming tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled!

thats one big tree tim, was it the wind ??? ??? or a chain saw. :) :) like the extra plate on the cat. :) :)

Hi Mark, the wind made if fall down in a storm several nights ago. Hard to believe, but that's all just one branch!  :o

im with you on that one of , saves buying plastic cutting edges :D;)

I thought it looked a bit better once it was fitted to it, the bucket can become brittle when I am setting up everything in cold weather. I hope to buy a new excavator this year, I think I will do the same to it aswell.  :)

Some great pics there again Tim... that pic of the front of the JD close up is simply superb... May even pinch that for my desktop if you don't mind mate  ;)

Cheers mate!! Don't mind at all, use any one you want...however you may want to wait for 5 mins!  ;)

FARM JOURNAL #18

Today, we did a bit of cleaning up around the pond for the winter. We rented a Caterpillar bulldozer from the Boston area Cat rental dealer, and pushed the dirt pile back so we could create a temporary road from the barn to the road for emergency purposes. We also cleaned off the side of the pond, and prepared the final digging area for the pond. We will try to dig down 10 feet in the newly prepared area before the ground freezes for the winter.

Moving the dirt pile with the bulldozer:

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

Grading out the new road:

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

Marking off the areas to be dug:

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Starting up the excavator:

IMG_1391.jpg

The beast is now awake!! :

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Digging:

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Unfortunately, we ran out of light quick and were forced to stop for the day:

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

We were finishing parking the equipment, and heard a scream for help coming from the pond. We found a man drowning in the pond, trying to get to shore. We threw him a rope, and helped him get to shore. He identified himself as Barry Stunt, and claimed that a man with a big nose pushed him into the pond, and drove off on his "Fanny" (???). We called the police, and reported the case. The police were able to find the person responsible :

pushing Barry in the pond  ;D

Picture of the incident:

IMG_1390.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!