Harvest 2014!

malcy_p

Nice pictures...interesting they are using the S670 rather than 690? Any particular reason for that...or is just there isn't enough volume coming thru the header even with the big macdon) to merit the bigger engine?

Most harvest crews run the S670's as you said there is not much crop going through the machine so don't need so many horses.

There are some S680's about but we have got a special S690 coming for corn with a fancy new header aswell, calnt give much away about that though sorry

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Defo cant better that pic of the combine calling for fuel ha ha! no way >:(

i ve got a pic good pics to add but it be when I get the new compurter up & running  ( well mrs 590 ha ha! does ) like most blokes im a little short on temper with computers  

Now if it was a  combines thats another world ha ha! >:D

malc, have itv been using  your pole  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, happened yesterday at toft monks  on the Suffolk Norfolk border apparently

Not quiet... :(

That was one of a pair of 600TT based near Lowestoft, here she is in happier days...

img_7892.jpg

:(

/malc.

Not quiet... :(

That was one of a pair of 600TT based near Lowestoft, here she is in happier days...

:(

/malc.

handy in a way they have two, but still not something they needed I guess , even with new stuff I guess it pays o clean filters and other collection places etc daily . I remember my uncle who did the combine work did that every day,and every two or three days got inside and had a good clean out on the walkers etc and other harder to get to areas. prob not so easy to do now with the modern stuff so much equipment squashed in there's not room to do it ???

Well it was  a fairly decent morning this morning so thought I'd go to the Vintage rally at Ladybank,but just as I was ready to leave the Heavens opened,after waiting an hour or so the sun came out so I set off,but by the time I got there it was raining,on the way back home,( on a different road ) I was amazed to see these guys at the combine,??

230814005jpgre_zps3becec14.jpg

230814006jpgre_zpsfbea95dc.jpg

230814007jpgre_zps1deeaa7c.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Desperate times need desperate measures Joe :huh:. I know the farmers renting the ground around me were combing and baling when there was a slight drizzle but I think it was just a case of cracking on due to the volume of acres they have in barley...circa 1,000 acres.

Went for a little run around with the camera to see if there was any action,and caught a few folk busy here and there,

250814014jpgre_zps8a9008fc.jpg

250814016jpgre_zps89916c48.jpg

Was surprised to see (in the distance) this Claas Jaguar with whole crop header,

250814009jpgre_zps949bf2c3.jpg

Was even more surprised when I uploaded these to see they were making poly tunnel like wholecrop clamps,never seen that before,

250814008jpgre_zpsa1991a7f.jpg

Then caught this Claas Mega on the way home,

250814022jpgre_zps655460e9.jpg

250814023jpgre_zps457033d0.jpg

regards

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres still a bit going on around my neck of the woods; I think the farm the covers most of the area locally are onto their last stretch now - two big fields of beans with a New Holland CX8070, and I also came across a Lexion 630 quite a way from home in some barley.  The driver gave me a demonstration of how far forwards and backwards it can lean (Montana)

post-530-0-77934800-1410031147_thumb.jpgpost-530-0-60908500-1410031393_thumb.jpgpost-530-0-49729100-1410031472_thumb.jpgpost-530-0-91050900-1410031692_thumb.jpg

I imagine this will be about the last harvest action I catch around here - unless some of the maize growing locally is used for grain - and although this isn't a very good photo, it does capture a combine at work in a field of Quinoa, which isn't the most regular of sights.

post-530-0-19219300-1410362698_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Harvest is over for us too now that the one field of millet left has been harvested... funnily enough it was the same field that we saw being harvested in October last year for the last day of harvest 2013, if that makes sense!

Full set of photos up at malcp.com but here are a few highlights...

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Now the wait until July next year... :)

/malc.

Archived