Harvest 2014!

malcy_p

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had 55mm on Thursday at six mile bottom + last 2days Chris !! had about  60mm all told at saffron Walden. You could call & see us Malcy on route to see Chris, when we ever get going again, got new 780 with the new 1230 header plus the 100years white 760.

What is the idea behind a V1230 header? 30 cm more so it is actually cutting 12m for the CTF people?

Would be interesting to hear opinions from the JD combine owner Malc. A T670 and C670, what differences there are in capacity, straw, sample etc.. Discontinued the C-series now which was probably the most liked series from JD??

Shame about all the rain in (Eastern) England. We seemed to have missed most of it. Hopefully people will get going this week with OSR, wheat and barley. Most of the winter wheat is still green but there is a few fields that are getting there.

What is the idea behind a V1230 header? 30 cm more so it is actually cutting 12m for the CTF people?

Would be interesting to hear opinions from the JD combine owner Malc. A T670 and C670, what differences there are in capacity, straw, sample etc.. Discontinued the C-series now which was probably the most liked series from JD??

Shame about all the rain in (Eastern) England. We seemed to have missed most of it. Hopefully people will get going this week with OSR, wheat and barley. Most of the winter wheat is still green but there is a few fields that are getting there.

I thought the V1230 was a typo...! :)

I did speak to the owner of the two JD after they swapped from Lexions - let's just say they were bought on price, but I'm sure someone here can fill you in with the answers you're looking for.

Still raining on and off this afternoon, thundery showers. Forecast isn't great, either! :(

Last min panic to get her ready last week ! Yes Neils can cut true 12m comfortable now instead of struggling to cut 11.8 with old 1200v.

Thanks a lot Hoss! So this V1230 has a true cutting width of 12.10m? From what I have seen on the internet Claas will change all their header widths and make them just slightly wider. V1230, V930, V730, V630?

The 760's gone hopefully the 770 will go tomorrow then it's just the wait for the 670 to arriveattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Is there a reason why these combines are due in so late? Were they bought very late by the farmers or couldn't the factory deliver on time?

I see these combines have the standard header sizes like we're used to. The new wider headers are prototype or limited available?

Stop to watch 3 NH CR980 s working last night  away in a local field of osr ,  all belong to the local big combine contractor , now i m not in to the detaisl  as many of you are but they must have being going fast as i counld nt keep up at walking speed with them ,

will try & load pics when me compure is fully working

Another evening out combine chasing with CG around the lanes of Suffolk... The pole got an airing too. First up was a 2013 Lexion 760TT, a demo machine from last year on it's first full day working for the Ogilvy Estate. Then, whilst of our way to meet the Hillfair Farm's pair of Lexions a cloud of dust between the trees gave away the location of a 2014 Lexion 750 on wheels! :) Then onto Walpole to catch up with Sam and his team knocking down barley at a rate of knots.

day4_a01.jpg

day4_a02.jpg

day4_a03.jpg

day4_a05.jpg

day4_a06.jpg

Nice pictures again Malc, seems it's all go now in Suffolk then. Pictures not on the website?

recon so neils. I know the family are of and running around the area you usally go in Suffolk (thorndon way) on the rape I belive, am awaiting some pics from them

Definitely all go around my way now....I've stuck a few more on the map...a real mixed bag of Claas, NH, Case and MF around me now....with 3 14 plate Case 9230s...two have replaced New Holland CR9080s...not sure what the last has replaced. Are they particularly well priced at the moment or do people just like the simplicity of the machines?

The only thing there are very few of is John Deere combines around here....which is a pain as my 3 year old boy is John Deere obsessed! 

The pole gives some nice shots doesn't it

It does indeed :) Unfortunately it is a two person bit of kit - esp when raising and lowering as a camera on the end of a 8m pole is a handful to get perpendicular and down again without the risk of camera calamity. Luckily, in the evnings I have CG on hand to put her size 3 welly against the bottom of the pole whilst I get it up! 

Still, defo worth the effort! :)

/malc.

Just back in! 

A Dom Mega, Lexion 750 and 760TT, a Dom 96 and a MF 29 were tonight viewing, although the sun went behind clouds quite early on but nevermind, fun was had!

Will sort through the photos soonish! :)

It does indeed :) Unfortunately it is a two person bit of kit - esp when raising and lowering as a camera on the end of a 8m pole is a handful to get perpendicular and down again without the risk of camera calamity. Luckily, in the evnings I have CG on hand to put her size 3 welly against the bottom of the pole whilst I get it up!

Still, defo worth the effort! :)

/malc.

Brave man! Each to their own I suppose!  :of  ;D  ::)

Archived