Harvest 2014!

malcy_p

Quick trip out this evening, saw four combines - only one running after the rain earlier today... :(

Still, the 740 and 2013 model 760 are new kids on the east Suffolk block this year, joining the older 760 and 770 Lexions.

d2_01.jpg

d2_02.jpg

d2_03.jpg

d2_04.jpg

d2_05.jpg

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pics  Malc ,   did the Other half really take them  all for you   :   as you was doing some thing with a pole ??? which we wont go in too !! but i think may be your on too some thing by having her with you as ,  i do get some odd looks  sometimes when im on me own ha ha!   taking me tractor pics  

I got the Hahnel second hand from a friend for peanuts, and as my Canon does not have WIFI or BT the Hahnel does the job nicely!

I did think about a drone, but the cost/hassle factors were too much. Also I don't know what farmers would think about a drone 'buzzing' their combine - also one strong gust of wind could send the drone and your camera crashing to a mechanised doom! :)

So, will you knock up a pole yourself Niels?? :)

/malc.

That is a good deal Malc. I'm just very lucky with the wifi, hence why I bought it. And Canon do the app for free.

A good friend of mine (youtube.com/tractorspotter) has a DJI Phantom 2 drone. It's hard work to film properly and you need LOTS of practice. To many people out there (On YT) that take poor quality shots. Also with all the gizmo's added it's quite (very) expensive. My biggest problem is that I don't like the GoPro camera. The quality is much much less than an SLR of course. A gust of wind is alright I think, it can handle a strong wind and will return by itself. I have heard a few horror stories with mechanical cut out and the thing crashed. Farmers are amazed by the thing though, so is everyone else. Shame the law is still very vague. Don't try and use one commercially!

I will buy a pole that is normally used for garden tools I think Malc. Fits nicely in the car and can lengthen it in a few seconds to 4m. Biggest problem is my camera is quite (very) heavy! You can only hold it up with one hand and shoot with the other. Will have to experiment a little with this. Also need to come up with something at the end to adjust and mount the cam.

Nice pictures again Malc btw! Don't forget to photo a few Claas and dare I say, other makes. ;D

Very nice pics  Malc ,   did the Other half really take them  all for you   :   as you was doing some thing with a pole ??? which we wont go in too !! but i think may be your on too some thing by having her with you as ,  i do get some odd looks  sometimes when im on me own ha ha!   taking me tractor pics  

I know what you mean about the odd looks Jon - at least CG gives them something better to look at than me! ;) 

I will buy a pole that is normally used for garden tools I think Malc. 

Nice pictures again Malc btw! Don't forget to photo a few Claas and dare I say, other makes. ;D

Good luck with the pole :) I used the top mount from an spare tripod to mount the camera - luckily it fitted onto a tube which slid inside the pole tubes without modification so I can reuse the tripod if I need to. Two bolts old the tubes in place, and I have a bungee cord attached to the tube and to the camera strap mount so that if the mount fails or isn't seated properly the camera will only drop a small distance.

Not seen anything other than Claas combines in the fields so far this year, but it is early days!

/m.

Plenty of TM's working in England still, they must have sold well there.

They sold well in Ireland too let me tell ya. Sold very well & we are still importing them from the UK secondhand. Popular tractor.  

saw my first combine at work today on the way back from bridport , one of the older nh 80?? series, with a ford 10 series of some sort hauling away , was to far to get model numbers, but the field seemed to be rape, there was a good few drag kits running west with very very fresh bales of straw on to , several from round trissys way

More rain last night and this morning has put the brakes on harvest around here, so to pass the time another trip to Manns at Halesworth was in order - collected a Xerion 4000 saddle trac, a Wiking 780TT with V1050 and some more Claas caps for Claasy Girl! :)

day3_01.jpg

day3_02.jpg

day3_03.jpg

day3_04.jpg

day3_05.jpg

Saw 1st field had been cut & cleared up here at Goole but no sign of any combines  , a lot of vine peas grown abouts here & they had been & gone too so no pics of any harvest work at all , did seen Fendt  getting ready too turn the pea straw but s all  ha ha!

post-4039-0-93391300-1405244740_thumb.jp

post-4039-0-22094800-1405244813_thumb.jp

53 mil of rain here in essex Malc the last 3 days, so our tucano 320 is tucked up in bed.

:( When the weather picks up I'd like to come and see you Tucano in action if that's ok? Would have to be a weekend as you're about 60 miles from here, but would make a good run out for us! :)

we had 55mm on Thursday at six mile bottom + last 2days Chris !! had about  60mm all told at saffron Walden. You could call & see us Malcy on route to see Chris, when we ever get going again, got new 780 with the new 1230 header plus the 100years white 760.

malc the wiking 780 with 1050 header is that in 1/32 mate?

No mate, it's a 1/87 scale - a little tiddler! There is a conspeed version coming out later in the year in the same scale.

/malc.

we had 55mm on Thursday at six mile bottom + last 2days Chris !! had about  60mm all told at saffron Walden. You could call & see us Malcy on route to see Chris, when we ever get going again, got new 780 with the new 1230 header plus the 100years white 760.

Ooh - that would make the trip doubly worthwhile - I'd love to see and photograph the white 760... and a 780 would be of interest too! :) 

/m.

:( When the weather picks up I'd like to come and see you Tucano in action if that's ok? Would have to be a weekend as you're about 60 miles from here, but would make a good run out for us! :)

no problem Malc, you let me know when you want to come. She's an 09 plate on a 18 foot vario. Rich at steeple bumstead is only about 15 mins from here, but you need to get to him before his catches fire, sorry rich, only joking mate... Hoss, as he said, is only up the road too.

Archived