Norev class dominator 108

F8N

Hi folks,i seen one of these models & quite fancied it,but was after some advice from anyone who has it. I dont have any norev stuff in my collection so im not sure what its like..the thing is i beleive the wiking class is suppose to be the best combine on the market,but im nit fussed on the tracks,& the header is way to wide for wee irish fields...at least in 1/32 wereas the norev header wont look out of place on an 8x4 display. I dont know a lot about combines so im asking your opinions...is it a good representation of the real machine,hows detail and functionality? How does it cimpare to the wiking class & uh newhollond? Thanks

I,ve got one although apart from the header the model hasn't, been out of the box. The rear tyres are fixed which isn't,t brilliant, although the overall detail looks very good. Detachable header and trailer make it realistic. Also it's a model you can actually put in or on top of a display cabinet, as it's a reasonable size.

Maybe not quite the detail of the UH Tucano but still worth adding to a serious collectors "worth having" list.

Thanks for your reply...i like that its an older machine which is what I tend to collect more of now,i have a uh fent combine which took a fall and broke while I was photograpging it,hence I need a replacement..but I wanted to use a brand popular in N.Ireland,so its gotta be newholland or class,class having the biggest variety. I think wiking are bringing their tracked version out on wheels if its not already out..(i haven't seen any here yet).i was holding off for it as apparently its the best detailed..any thoughts on it?

I don't have the Wiking or UH combines to compare it to, but the Norev Dominator 108 is my favourite model in my collection. As mentioned, the rear wheels don't turn, there is no opening grain tank and the tines on the header don't look quite right, but other than that its an excellent model with really good detail. The header is removable and lifts up and down, and also sits well on the trailer. The cab steps also fold up and down. There are a few fragile bits, but I have found the model to be pretty solid overall.

To me, being a classic combine there's just something about this model that just seems to have real character compared to more modern combines.

If you can find one I'd recommend getting the limited edition one with yellow safety decals, it really adds to the model. 

Let me know if you would like any photos. 

post-2579-0-17724800-1407540674_thumb.jp

All models mentioned in this topic need work doing on them to make them spot on,tracked lexion needs jewelled type lights everywhere and is a bit siku looking at the backend,wheeled lexion 770 has wrong sized cutter,uh cr9090 needs reel to raise and lower plus osr knives plus what Paul said,norev domi as Sam said plus adjustable reel etc,don't think there is a 100% accurate combine if your fastidious over your models like me,straw choppers need to be moveable to cutting position too on probably most models also.foldable crop dividers probably missing as well on all these

the straw choppers move on the wiking lexion 780tt,also the dividers do fold Jamie,but sadly missing on the lexion are hydraulic pipes on the header and missing warning decals,as you say Jamie none of them are perfect,but what a difference from say the britains mf 760 combine,when that came out we all thought it was a cracking model,now with these new very realistic models we still pick faults

the straw choppers move on the wiking lexion 780tt,also the dividers do fold Jamie,but sadly missing on the lexion are hydraulic pipes on the header and missing warning decals,as you say Jamie none of them are perfect,but what a difference from say the britains mf 760 combine,when that came out we all thought it was a cracking model,now with these new very realistic models we still pick faults.

I still remember the day I first saw the MF760 in the window of Nugents shop in South Street, New Ross.

Even better, my Dad bought it for me, there and then.

As for the Dommy 108. I finally got one of the NOREV 2nd editions a couple of weeks ago. I have it lined up beside the rest of the Claas collection - Matador through to Tucano - and it is up there with the rest of them.

I'm just hoping they do a Dommy 105 to fill the gap.

Given uh did the Europa and matador and then norev did the senator along with the older dommys you would think the next from norev or uh ?? Maybe wiking would be one of the early dommy 85's or 105's as claas do seem to want the range built

Thanks for all the replys lads... It gives me peace of mind to go on ahead with the norev as its gonna suit my classics better, & it wont take up as much room on a display with the moderate header... As I said, I dont know much about combines so iv learned a bit from the above replys... And think i'll go for the wiking on wheels when I feel the need for a modern combine as it seems to have the most functionality. Im really surprised to learn the cr9090 reel dosen't raise or lower or that the wheels on the norev dont steer...pretty basic functions you'd expect from any model/toy. The Norev dom iv left over is a limited edition,didn't realize it had extra decals. P.s I think a lot of the combines harry bell uses are britians & the look the bee's!

Archived