What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy for 2015?

Gav836

Haha, they aren't as easy to stack as I thought, I'll have to eat my words on that one! That is a scaledown trailer I built long time ago. I'm impressed with the bales, even have little knots in the twine! 

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

no they are not martin , that said they are nice, a few of my older ones have popped the strings, so they tend to be bottom of the stack ones (fallen off) them belt ones where one strings gone, stuff like that,

Would it be possible Sean to "inject" them with a little PVA and a syringe to hold them together,??

Regards

Joe.

You could joe, but I like the fact they pop,well a few of them,I have never seen a straw barn without a few sat at the bottom that have gone in real life , can also use them in the pig pens as a getting opened one ,out of the 100 I have so far I have lost 4 or 5 I think 

On 03/11/2015 22:30:05, chris.watson said:

Nzg Ford 550 digger, very rare to find model which is in 1/32 scale, and has it stamped on the underside.

ros new Holland tx66 combine, second release with updated decals in a new Holland box.

u/h claas arion 550 with front weight.

interesting to speak with you about this the other evening Chris, I wonder is it actually bigger than the 1:35 version or did they just amend the size on the baseplate? Can anyone throw some light on this? I can't imagine they would make fresh patterns for such a small size change? I haven't found mine yet to check which it is.

23 minutes ago, NIGEL FORD said:

interesting to speak with you about this the other evening Chris, I wonder is it actually bigger than the 1:35 version or did they just amend the size on the baseplate? Can anyone throw some light on this? I can't imagine they would make fresh patterns for such a small size change? I haven't found mine yet to check which it is.

Well Nigel, as I said the other evening, this came up on eBay in Germany. I saw one on eBay in Israel a while back and it was the same model stamped 161 which incidentally is the 1/35 model number, and stamped 1/32. I have sat the machine next to the britains JCB 3cx and it doesn't look overly different in size, let's remember the ford 550 was a shade smaller than the JCB in real life.

i will fire up the laptop and get some pics up in an hour or so.

19 hours ago, paulali said:

dont know why you dont do the bales yourself,its very easy,how much do you pay for them?

They ain't sawdust on blocks of wood Paul, plus they are light enough to be held up In the air on my front loaders , these are well worth the money if you have a good layout with quality implements etc then the small bits like these just add to it 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

They ain't sawdust on blocks of wood Paul, plus they are light enough to be held up In the air on my front loaders , these are well worth the money if you have a good layout with quality implements etc then the small bits like these just add to it 

not worth £1.50 a bale in my opinion,but if your happy,fine,mine are not sawdust on blocks of wood either,

Id want to be paid more than £1.50 just to sit and chop enough sisal string to compress into one of those bales never mind then tie tiny knot around them. This guys possibly invented a machine to chop sisal string super quick though.

My guess for there construction/ how I'd do it is chopped sisal string mixed with PVA and compacted into a mould. They could be made so they don't pop open by mixing in a clear resin rather than PVA but that's a lot dearer and you'd then need a silicone mould

10 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

No pva in them James, once the string goes,they just fall apart like a real bale, I recon he may glue the knot on the cotton mind, as a few of mine seem to have glue there, 

I think these I have just got have glue in them, they seem very firm Sean, or maybe sprayed on the outside after they have been made. 

7 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

He must have created a miniature baler then. Lay string across a mould and feed the material in then tie/ glue the strong once the mould is full. Impressive and fidely stuff

Yes I think he must, the material is laid just like the real stuff is and all the string is spaced the same.

7 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

He must have created a miniature baler then. Lay string across a mould and feed the material in then tie/ glue the strong once the mould is full. Impressive and fidely stuff

There was a guy on GTP made a little hand held baler out of a few pieces of wood,which had a packer and holes to thread string,but I cannot find it at the moment.>:(

Regards

Joe.

Archived