harvest 2015

weblet375

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really that odd,  the farm is 7400acres all cereals, they have several marston trailers upto two years old..........They bought a Hawe grain chaser 4 years ago and then last year bought a second.................Then the farm owner kicked out Velcourt,and took control himself and being German has since bought in Claas combines and a Krampe trailer......................................And don't forget Marston went bust a year or two ago so they cant get anymore of their kit.

Suzy's post reminds me I've been remiss with my updates....

Harvest Day 22 - Do 108S, Do 98S, Lex 580+TT, JD S685i and Lex 770TT

Harvest Day 23 - Lex 760, Lex 750 and NH CX8090

Harvest Day 24 - Lex 780 and white 760

Harvest Day 25 - Do 98SL, Lex 460, Do 98S and Lex750

Harvest Day 26 - Lex 760

Harvest in east Suffolk looks to be all but done - a few fields still standing, few and far between now... Pleased for the guys getting harvest in, but July 2016 is a long way off! :)

Come back home for a couple of days to get roped into leading grain. Last of the wheat at home, yielding very well but needed drying as it was 16%.

Didn't have any of the big tractors in the yard so the little MF was taken off the drier. Who needs 200hp and 4wd just to move grain when you have this beast

post-2056-0-42769000-1441886338_thumb.jppost-2056-0-51363900-1441886374_thumb.jp

BOO! :(

Cereal harvest is Suffolk is all but over now. Friends old and new have done an awesome job battling the weather this year to get the crops in, and at the same time they have given us 30 days of combine hunting! :) 

A big thanks for everyone's tip-offs and directions - Mick and Chris in particular - and the encouraging comments left by so many of you. :) Hope you have enjoyed this years photos half as much as we did taking them!

The last few days have been:

Day 27 - A few night time Do 98SL photo

Day 28A few more of the Do 98SL in better light!

Day 29 - Sunset and dusk shots of a Lex 600TT

Day 30 - Last day of harvest, the Do 98 and Lex 600TT again, working into the night as the sun sets on harvest 2015.... ;)

These (with a few more photos) will be up on malcp.com soon, but for now I'll leave you with this of the 600TT emptying the last tank into the last trailer from the last field for FS Watts & Sons 2015.

/malc.

ftf_150912.jpg

Look on the bright side Malcy, forage maize will start soon and there are several Claas Jaguars working across the region, hopefully one of our two local will have traded in a 980 for a pre production 990 ::)..........will know by October.........................Maize harvest is more entertaining than cereals imo..............its faster, and you need far more trailers to keep things moving ^-^...............and isn't hampered by crap weather either ;D

post-743-0-77240000-1442085605_thumb.jpg

I have to say, my efforts this season have been woeful.  Despite now living in a much more rural town, I have not added one thing to this topic this year!  I think not having a digital camera has been a major factor, though in my defence I had a spell of illness which ruined the 2 weeks off I'd booked to go combine hunting!  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived