Universal Hobbies New Releases in 1/32 for 2016

robbo

From Classic Tractor: Ford 7810, both regular and silver jubilee editions that were launched a few years ago, will be reissued for one last time and should become available later this summer.  

Also confirmed plans to bring out a number of Ford four- and six-cylinder 700 and 10 series tractors next year.

Still no release date set for the DB 1490 2wd, Case 1594 4wd & Case IH 1494 4wd but they at least still seem to be coming somewhen and have not been cancelled, contrary to rumours.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good news about some series 10s coming, but disappointing bout the case/dbs.... why say there going to be released and have them in the catalogue if there not sure whether or not there going ahead?

yes indeed Paul... to me a "limited " model should be limited to about 100 models, id say UH don't even have a limit number to most of there "special additions"... the Ford 7810 is also available in some horrible colours and you do sometimes have to ask whether or not there was actually a real tractor in those colours at all....If the Case/Dbs ever get here they might just be avaiable in every colour in the rainbow....  DBPs models used to be limited in the true sense of the word and it did make them special...

9 hours ago, B O R said:

yes indeed Paul... to me a "limited " model should be limited to about 100 models, id say UH don't even have a limit number to most of there "special additions"... the Ford 7810 is also available in some horrible colours and you do sometimes have to ask whether or not there was actually a real tractor in those colours at all....If the Case/Dbs ever get here they might just be avaiable in every colour in the rainbow....  DBPs models used to be limited in the true sense of the word and it did make them special...

Very true Brian,  there's limited and there's limited...these black 1455's are in a batch of 250 so I'm wondering if it's the batch that was hinted for Agritechnia that never seemed to appear? :rolleyes:

I agree with this Brian. A limited edition model generally comes at a higher price, the justification being that they cost more to make being a small production run. Therefore the model should be worth a premium in years to come. If there are just as many ltd edition models made as there are of the standard model then they are nothing special and worth no more in the end, which defies the point really. 

Looks good, but far too big for my collection/ layout. I would be tempted if it had opening doors/ panels and a header trailer.

I'm not a fan of huge wide headers in 1/32nd since it looks ridiculously big on any layout, same as extreamly wide sprayer booms in 1/32

Agree there with Luke. Big headers are certainly not for my liking ether unless your farming the big open plains of North America and Australia ... I think what is really wanting here is a few NH combines from back in the day ... There is plenty of old classic Claas combines on the model market , but how about a few NH Claysons & TXs !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • robbo unpinned this topic

Archived