Massey Ferguson 3095 & 3120

I've recently finished my massey ferguson 3095 and 3120,I made up a new front weight hanger for them and scratchbuilt 10 wafer weights for each tractor which are removable as the original weights were too small and were based on the 27 kg wafer more suitable for a 3070 really,mine are based on the 45kg which suit it more.

New axles,mudguards wheels and tyres were added and a few subtle differences between the two as the 3120 is a later model,also chassis sprayed with genuine charcoal grey,I'm on the lookout for some genuine looking aerials and numberplates to finish them off in the future.

mf%203095%203120%20001.jpg

mf%203095%203120%20003.jpg

mf%203095%203120%20004.jpg

mf%203095%203120%20005.jpg

Cheers Paul,yes thought Henri would,he made the decals for these although I had to give him the sizes to have the correct spacing between the numbers and lettering as his first batch wasn't right but now he has the correct sizes for uh replacements from me.

Thanks James,yes your right there that's why casting parts is the way forward hence me asking you a while back.

Thanks Mark I'm likeing the 80's and 90's era models of late

Love the weights, I too have done the 3095 and 3120 and have another 2 to add in time so good to know there still available. If possible id get a couple of sets of these weights for them as there the best ive seen, the 3080 is one of UHs best MFs when the chassis colour is corrected and the wheels improved. Id rather have seen them adjusting the bonnet and covering the larger 3125,3635,3650 etc model instead of giving us a 4 cylinder 399 in silver. Hopefully some of these larger models will be covered and make further use of the excellent floorpan and cab and then we can convert to our desired model.

Thanks Phil and Christian.

Cheers Brian your two you made gave the idea really of having a go at these.It was a bit of trial and error at first with the weights as I tried to make each one removable and exactly like a real weight where it sits over the top lip but it couldn't be done as you can't cut every weight exact to 0.5 of a mm,plus you have to allow for paint as well on making these.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived