Irish Welsh Vintage Tractor Run

SPN

Thanks for the kind words Stan, great to hear. Road runs are never the easiest of events to capture well, and you've done a great job here. it's very much all about location, location, and location, and having a very steady hand. From past experience. Deciding long before the tractors or vehicles have reached you what angle you're going to take them from. The moment you start to pan the camera to try and keep up with a faster moving vehicle is when it becomes much harder to achieve a clear and crisp shot. However this can have it's advantages too. Something i'm still practicing with myself, is slowing the shutter speed of the camera right down and taking photos as i'm panning across the subject matter. The wheels of the tractors look like they're turning at a million miles an hour whilst the rest of the tractor is still in focus. I'm still a long way off getting anywhere close to mastering it though. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some great pictures great to see them all, took a great effort to stand there and catch them all , where does the run go from and to ,shame by the looks the weather was not that good for the cabless  drivers

• 2 years later...

So the Welsh boys and girls are back over for the bi-annual Irish tractor run this weekend. They have a similiar run in Wales in the odd numbered years.

Many of the tractors that were on the run in 2016 were out again today, but there are also some new ones.

I'm going to order the 2018 pics in a different way.

First up we have some tractors by registration.

IC, Carlow.

ID. Cavan

IE. Clare

IF. Cork

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7380.JPG

Archived