what is your fav all time tractors

Deeredriver

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know mate,trundling across the field about the same time,but in aug with the doors tied open on the 165 ,canvis flapping arround with a 8 ton trailer full of grain on the back aint bad,just the sound of the engine to hear,lovley and warm,water bottle fallen out of the back as you forgot it doesn't have a back window,or pannel even ::):D

takes some beating

MF 8240 just never stops loved sat there in the cab ploughing in rain trying to get last field down the drillman managing to get stuck on 1050mm tyres theres me just plodding on, when hitting a heavy patch the 6.6L sisu motor being dragged down to 1500 rpm on 6 furrows just lovelly no beating that or when on a subsoiler in august and having all windows open as its middle of night and want to make most of it ahhh good times (it does have aircon)

Probably my little 3065 2wd. After MF 290s etc the cab was luxury, electronic lift etc, and quiet. Loads of power and turns on a sixpence. Even ploughed with a KV 4f auto reset, and drilled with a 3m Khun/Accord.  :)

MY WOULD HAVE TO BE THE 2850 WAS THE FIRST TRACTOR I HAD ASA FULL TIME WORKER WHEN I LEFT THE SCHOOL

i remember my 2850 sg2 cabbed 4wd on a K' plate ariving brand new for me the first day of the silage season

and was suprized that it had air con a passenger seat i can still smell that "brand new"

smell you get with new vehichels back in 1992 must have been a end of run model where they throw everything on em

a few come out on top with me, for the classics it has to be my jd 3040 2wd, six pot, plenty of power on a 4m powerharrow and duels on the back and flotation tyres on the front!

for the early 90's it was a brand new kreg mf 3125 my dad drove, luxary compared to the mf 2640 2wd (german bomber) it replaced. lots of power and duels all round

ALL TIME FAVORATE was a T reg jd 6610 on oversize (standard) tyres, only 30k box but would pull like a train in any gear with a 12ton trailer on. terra tyres for landwork (4m overall width) and narrow wheels for spraying, was upset when it was replaced by a jd 6920, not a patch on the old lass, wish i could find it and replace my 3040 with it. it sounded so sweet and was just the right size, light, powerfull but small for 115hp

INTERNATIONALMAN MINE I HAD AN F PLATE TO START WITH THEN ON TH DAY OF MY TEST A J PLATE TURNED UP WITH THE SAME SPEC AS YOUR'S IT WAS A BRILLIANT MACHINE. MY UNCLE HAD A COUPLE ON HIS FARM BUT MUST ADMIT DID LIKE HIS 3350. THAT WAS A BIG TRACTO IN THE AREA IN THOSE DAYS NOW THAT SIZE OF TRACTOR IS NEARLY JUST A YARD RUN ABOUT

i would love to buy one of them more than a 885 xl  my god did i just type that

I think i like deeres again  :-\

no you like IHs remember

but i drove deeres for 10 years the 2850 for 6 yrs

and a ih & db before that

but i did like the deere

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

JD2850mansg2 ocupies this space now

im885xl is in his own hell now mach ha  [shadow=red,left]HA HA[/shadow]

Guest MF 550

How could i not mention the good old massey 550.Loads of power for its size a nice comfortable cab,power steering,easy access in and out of the cab.......best tractor in the 500 series-bought one today from a place called Alston (highest market town in England supposedly) tractor as rough as me after the odd saturday night.Got vandalised by some kids breeze block through the front window dashboard panel kicked in door glass smashed.Mudgaurds are rotten but it had a new clutch in last year ,starts first kick,good engine and has a clean working massey 80 loader on it with bucket fork and spike tyres are not too bad either.Paid ?500 for it bargain or not? probably worth more to break for spares...i am looking for a decent one in good original condition if anybody knows of one in the north of england or scotland.