My Layout, P&A Farms

Paul Palmer

On 11/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, SPN said:

Looks the business. I'm always surprised how popular Deutz combines are in certain areas as they are rare enough around here.

Around us there everywhere but we do have a dealership here

Just now, Fenside MF said:

looking good on the layout that new 8s massey Paul,looks to be one of there best models to date with the wide tyres and better rear linkage

Cheers Jamie, i really like it, except no tow pin, i did email UH about it, and surprise surprise no reply from them

Yes they look much nicer, but the model doesnt have that nice nikel collar effect with the studs mounted in it, get the paint out:D

Actually having looked at the UH model the collar with the stud is much wider and shallower than the real version and would look awful if you painted it. Maybe the original prototype was set on specially wide rims that are only available on 800 or 900 tyre specs.

Edited by phil phoenix

32 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

2nd print using a different plastic,which has wood particles melted into it

HUHP4987.JPG

I reckon the first attempt would look spot on if you gave it a light misting of aerosol glue then a sprinkling of the MDF dust you used on an earlier diorama years ago, then drill 6 tiny holes on what would be the bottom side, then use the appropriate coloured thread poked through the holes quickly Super glued into place, Sorted,?

Regards

Joe.

Just now, catkom3 said:

I reckon the first attempt would look spot on if you gave it a light misting of aerosol glue then a sprinkling of the MDF dust you used on an earlier diorama years ago, then drill 6 tiny holes on what would be the bottom side, then use the appropriate coloured thread poked through the holes quickly Super glued into place, Sorted,?

Regards

Joe.

Thats exactly the plan Joe,the second print is better but you wouldnt see it as you said it will be covered in mdf dust

1 minute ago, Paul Palmer said:

Thats exactly the plan Joe,the second print is better but you wouldnt see it as you said it will be covered in mdf dust

I've done a few myself Paul and the wood effect filament does turn out well, I even bought blue and yellow coloured elastic, But glue does not stick to elastic :( so I reckon thread would work much better,

Regards

Joe.

2 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

I've done a few myself Paul and the wood effect filament does turn out well, I even bought blue and yellow coloured elastic, But glue does not stick to elastic :( so I reckon thread would work much better,

Regards

Joe.

Yeah i used cotton thread on my previous bales