whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

13 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Got email saying mine should be delivered today, thinking about the muck spreader on a Britains New Holland T6.180 and the dumper on a Britains JCB 4220 Fastrac

You won't be disappointed. Have you got your pipes and PTO ready? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Gav836 said:

It's for turning the bales over on end, the wrap is thicker there so less likely to be damaged when landing on the ground. Used to stack ours on end too so thicker wrap was on top, more resistant to bird attack then too. 

thanks Gav,a big help,although i havent seen one on any picture or video while the machine is working,so mine is coming off!!

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

hope so Wayne,and a ford 7810 gen III on the kuhn wrapper

Would you not put the tractor with more power on the baler and the tractor with less power on the baler ?

41 minutes ago, Blue man said:

Would you not put the tractor with more power on the baler and the tractor with less power on the baler ?

Buddy of mine runs the wrapper with a 7600 because the hydraulics on the 7740 make it run too fast.

1 hour ago, Blue man said:

No, what happens if the 6640 runs the baler and another farm or customer does the wrapping with their own tractor, its just how i want to set up the dio really

uh fendt 722 with loader,this will go with my uh amazone ZGB Spreader,and uh Kverneland 6 furrow reversible plough,probably for my mf 8450 convo,the kvereneland looks a lot better plough than the uh kuhn vari master which i had,and finally a uh fendt 516 with loader and bale grab

On 26/07/2017 at 10:26 PM, Gav836 said:

It's for turning the bales over on end, the wrap is thicker there so less likely to be damaged when landing on the ground. Used to stack ours on end too so thicker wrap was on top, more resistant to bird attack then too. 

Gav,i thought the black disc right at the back turns them on their end?

On 29/07/2017 at 5:37 PM, Paul Palmer said:

Gav,i thought the black disc right at the back turns them on their end?

kuhn got back to me,the long arm on the left side is used in conjunction with the bale kicker at the back of the machine,once the bale is turned this arm then prevents from any rolling of the bale

Like you say Mark, it does seem very unlikely that Imber put the wrong model in the box, especially when it isn't even tied in properly. Anyway, it's not that easy to stop buying tractors, a spell in re-hab. seems the only way to break the habit !:lol:

My bargain Mason Attic shed arrived from Mandy today, well chuffed with it.  Just dry fitted it for now and have it on the top of my cupboard which is too small really.  Just dry fitted to see what i can fit in. 

20170803_220143.jpg

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, Paul Palmer said:

plough came today,thats my buying done for some time now

plough 001.JPG

ha ha!.........Mine also arrived on Friday:P,  wont be the last though, theres going to be plenty of comings and goings to make sure the books are balanced.

20638709_1422413441178096_3848322596686666417_n.jpg.5734101f04e02c2728991bc41d808df5.jpg

Purchased these two on holiday the last two weeks for reasonable prices, the 956xl was £24.99 and the Big 8440 was £27.99

Also bought a Cheap old britains model repainted to a david brown, i'll sort the decals and may keep it standard or use it what i originally purchased it for to convert for a project i'm working on (Not ready to give details yet) Did alright to get it for £6 on ebay from my local town,

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1ae0597197ec4ae3a9eff4d5b047cdad.jpg

Finally, just literally 10 minutes a go i won this on Ebay to nearly complete my lineup of Britains Ford Forces, only missing the gun metal variants and the 6600 With safety cab and the 7000 which is weathered, all FTF specials.

s-l1600gh.thumb.jpg.8ce37236737927a4a515591dda599b34.jpg

Zac

Archived