whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my UH MF 35X and TO35 Launch Edition today, unfortunately they weren't in good condition :( The TO35 was near perfect, only had one loose part as well as some minor paint marks on the bonnet.

But the 35X had all sorts of s**t going on I'm afraid, sorry for the bad language (frustrated). Broken off steering wheel which had clearly been glued on (then broken off again) so the wheels doesn't function, the bonnet had been attempted to be glued shut (doesn't look good), however it is not shut. When I opened it I saw that the red fuel tank on the top of the engine is missing, one of the screws that holds the bonnet is loose and have been glued to the bonnet. The lights have either been painted grey or been replaced with grey plastic parts, and also been glued on, lots of excess glue. As well as a lot of different parts around the model that have clearly been glued together, lots of excess glue and residue found. I could go on and on, but I don't think it would be necessary :P Mind you, it was well packed, so these are all pre-shipping damages.

So, clearly not "new" condition, which it was listed as. None of the photos or the description mentioned any of these faults. Normally I would contact the seller, but in that particular case (the 35X) I went directly to requesting a refund, no way it was unintentional.. Of course I contacted the seller about the TO35, seems only reasonable in that case.

2017-10-14_09_31_40.jpg

2017-10-14_09_32_35.jpg

2017-10-14_09_33_06.jpg

2017-10-14_09_33_11.jpg

2017-10-14_09_33_34.jpg

2017-10-14_09_34_32.jpg

2017-10-14_10_25_23.jpg

8 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Standard Fergi build quality :ph34r:,  no that's bad, did you buy it as new or used?

Haha :D It was listed as new on Ebay, there were a few photos and a description passing it as a new item as well. I always "expect" some minor stuff, the odd loose window or so. But in this case the model is barely presentable even if I were to get the pieces back together, there's literally glue in all sorts of places, even a heap of epoxy (by the looks of it) right under the front of the bonnet. All that residue makes the paint look very bad. 

IF it was listed as used or in a bad condition / with the faults described, and I bought it for a price reflecting that it would be fair. 

Back from Toytrac Nice to see some members from here ,The show looked well supported again.

I managed to buy a few models to add to my collection

Firstly A Flat 8 bale grab and bale sledge from Cheshire Farm models both really pleased with.

A few from Stephen Frater Including a Case 8120 Combine with Tracs

And The new CR10.90 and 3 New Holland tractors from G&M

And a few bits and bobs

20171015_153500.jpg

20171015_153531.jpg

20171015_152424.jpg

20171015_152207.jpg

20171015_152228.jpg

20171015_152316.jpg

On 14.10.2017 at 11:28 AM, mb86 said:

It is certainly in a sad state, as you say, the damage was clearly done before it was sent. 

Just got offered a 50% (£15) refund on the 35X, is it just me or is that a bit low? To be honest  I was expecting to get a full refund due to the level of damage, and the fact that it was listed as "new, unopened, undamaged". 

I think you are entitled to a full refund, that model is worth nothing to a collector. (Although the parts could be of some use, but no need to mention that) I would be asking for a full refund including the expensive return postage cost OR to keep the model with a near full refund as the seller was clearly trying it on. 

17 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I think you are entitled to a full refund, that model is worth nothing to a collector. (Although the parts could be of some use, but no need to mention that) I would be asking for a full refund including the expensive return postage cost OR to keep the model with a near full refund as the seller was clearly trying it on. 

The listing stated that the buyer had to  cover return shipping, so the seller got me there. It would have cost me more than the model to return it back, so there was really no other option than accepting the offer. I paid about £30 for it, so I will try to mend it as best as I can I suppose. Won't get a good review though, and I surely won't go near their store again. I suppose everyone has had bad experiences with Ebay, first one for me! 

Communication was a bit of a hassle as well, I'm not claiming to be an expert in English, but it was very "google translate ish", couldn't understand the meaning of any sentences really. I realise the seller got away easy perhaps, but I don't want to drag it out really.

30 minutes ago, Janval said:

The listing stated that the buyer had to  cover return shipping, so the seller got me there. It would have cost me more than the model to return it back, so there was really no other option than accepting the offer. I paid about £30 for it, so I will try to mend it as best as I can I suppose. Won't get a good review though, and I surely won't go near their store again. I suppose everyone has had bad experiences with Ebay, first one for me! 

Communication was a bit of a hassle as well, I'm not claiming to be an expert in English, but it was very "google translate ish", couldn't understand the meaning of any sentences really. I realise the seller got away easy perhaps, but I don't want to drag it out really.

I think the seller is going to get away very lightly here!

23 hours ago, Mike R said:

Back from Toytrac Nice to see some members from here ,The show looked well supported again.

I managed to buy a few models to add to my collection

Firstly A Flat 8 bale grab and bale sledge from Cheshire Farm models both really pleased with.

A few from Stephen Frater Including a Case 8120 Combine with Tracs

And The new CR10.90 and 3 New Holland tractors from G&M

And a few bits and bobs

20171015_153500.jpg

20171015_153531.jpg

20171015_152424.jpg

20171015_152207.jpg

20171015_152228.jpg

20171015_152316.jpg

some nice models there Mike,i really like the bale sledge and flat 8 grab

Archived