Massey Ferguson 500 Series

The Tractor Twitcher

The forthcoming Universal Hobbies Massey Ferguson 575 4wd certainly seems to be generating plenty of interest and discussion on here at the moment. So once again I thought I'd delve into my photo archives and provide you with a few real machines for reference if anyone is contemplating having ago at any conversions.

DSC01327.JPG

DSC01869.JPG

DSC06599.JPG

DSC06902.JPG

DSC06903.JPG

DSC06904.JPG

9 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

great pictures,iconic tractors,thanks for posting up David

9 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i hope uh have not used the 590 chassis for their 575 as the 575 was shorter in length and of course a shorter wheelbase,im not sure if they used a different chassis for their 690 and 675,im sure somebody can cast some light on this

Thanks ever so much Paul. You're very welcome. I'm fairly certain UH will have used the same chassis as before, and just given us different centres on the same tyres.

14 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i hope uh have not used the 590 chassis for their 575 as the 575 was shorter in length and of course a shorter wheelbase,im not sure if they used a different chassis for their 690 and 675,im sure somebody can cast some light on this

The 675 and 690 chassis are both the same, but totally wrong for the 500 series as it's a different power plant , also needs some serious hacking about to get the  uh 500 parts to fit , biggest being cutting the bonnet in half length wise to widen as it won't fit. However I can already see a non 500 conversion from the 575 and another uh model I have in parts. Will need the chassis shortened as per my current 575 still .

In terms on length on the real deals the 575 and 590 in 4wd  were pretty much the same length in that format, hardly anything in them from memory , think they had the same engines just one was de-rated  a bit i.e. The 575 impact I think the 2wd versions were close to lenght wise 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

The 675 and 690 chassis are both the same, but totally wrong for the 500 series as it's a different power plant , also needs some serious hacking about to get the  uh 500 parts to fit , biggest being cutting the bonnet in half length wise to widen as it won't fit. However I can already see a non 500 conversion from the 575 and another uh model I have in parts. Will need the chassis shortened as per my current 575 still .

In terms on length on the real deals the 575 and 590 in 4wd  were pretty much the same length in that format, hardly anything in them from memory , think they had the same engines just one was de-rated  a bit i.e. The 575 impact I think the 2wd versions were close to lenght wise 

thanks for the info Sean,the question about the 600 series was that were uh lazy and your answer says they were,i know you couldnt use them for any 500 convo work,the length of the 590 4wd is 416 cm the 575 4wd is 412 cm,so not a lot in it,nominal in 1/32 scale,wheelbase difference of the 590 4wd and 575 4wd is only one cm,so that measurement is micro in 1/32,sizes from uk mf brochures, length of 2 wd 590 is 389 cm, 575 2wd is 377,difference is 12 cm so just under 4 mm in 1/32 so yes Sean, the two are very close in size,i suppose a britains 590 bonnet is to small as well?

46 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

thanks for the info Sean,the question about the 600 series was that were uh lazy and your answer says they were,i know you couldnt use them for any 500 convo work,the length of the 590 4wd is 416 cm the 575 4wd is 412 cm,so not a lot in it,nominal in 1/32 scale,wheelbase difference of the 590 4wd and 575 4wd is only one cm,so that measurement is micro in 1/32,sizes from uk mf brochures, length of 2 wd 590 is 389 cm, 575 2wd is 377,difference is 12 cm so just under 4 mm in 1/32 so yes Sean, the two are very close in size,i suppose a britains 590 bonnet is to small as well?

britains bonnets to narrow as well,sadly,but easier to sort given its plastic

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

britains bonnets to narrow as well,sadly,but easier to sort given its plastic

shame,i drove a few massey 500's but the 4wd were very rare where i was,also only my opinion but i prefer the 2wd versions,can i ask Sean what convo you have in mind as you say its not a 500 one? just being nosey, mf 200 series perhaps?

Archived