Massey Ferguson 500 Series

The Tractor Twitcher

keep on being nosey,i aint saying :laugh::laugh: just incase it doesnt work, will be a while to,as i have 2 more rooms to finsih at home first,and then clear the garage to be able to clear the shed.the 200 series is already underway anyway,a 290 for. a new mf 80 loader from perfect 32

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

keep on being nosey,i aint saying :laugh::laugh: just incase it doesnt work, will be a while to,as i have 2 more rooms to finsih at home first,and then clear the garage to be able to clear the shed.the 200 series is already underway anyway,a 290 for. a new mf 80 loader from perfect 32

Look forward to the 290 unveiling Sean... farm where I grew up had 2, both with 80 loaders first anA plate 2wd, second think was on a B but 4wd. Was a replacement for a 2620 that slipped into a drain.

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Brilliant line of pictures David @walterderwent definitely an iconic tractor and as with @Paul Palmer 2wd were everywhere 

Thanks ever so much Pete, you're very welcome. I'll keep adding to these as and when I find anymore. :)

23 hours ago, walterderwent said:

Thanks ever so much Pete, you're very welcome. I'll keep adding to these as and when I find anymore. :)

Good!! Always love following your pictures.. something to catch everyone's interests 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Good!! Always love following your pictures.. something to catch everyone's interests 

Cheers Pete, great to hear. Still have thousands to sort through from last year too. So expect to see a few more posted to the forum. Tryting to make a concerted effort to post photos to here and not just Facebook. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking through this gallery and I noted that very few of the 500 series were 4 wheel drive, the vast majority were 2WD. Which makes it all the more puzzling why UH decided to bring out a 575 in 4WD when it was a rare tractor in the real world and people tend to buy models that they have an affinity with, or drove when they were younger. I could understand the 590/595 version as 4WD but not the smaller ones.

I guess mf may have had something to say on the version maybe ?? After all they ,as many others , do always seem to request the biggest in the range to be made ? And for uh they can't loose as collectors will buy anyway as they have a supply of parts to make a 2wd version , i wouldnt however be surprised to see a 2wd version come out this year, they have everything now bar the chassis anyway

Archived