What really annoyed you today

Oh dear nice smell anyway John - bet the neighbours were talking :D :D - in fact I bet you just pulled out to be first in your parish :D :D :D;) ;)

I wouldn't have thought its that close to ruin Sean - I remember we cut Spring Barley one year in the last week of September after an August like this and still got a decent yield considering (2.25 tonnes per acre I think). Most crops are still standing which is quite a help although oats could be a problem if this rain keeps up with it shedding. At least its not too mild so crops will not be sprouting yet

seriously mate, quite a few fields are starting to go brown now, even had a bit on the local news about it last night, we had a really warm early part which bought it on early to cut, then it sarted to rain right when they wanted to start, remember its usually a good month in advance down this way due to the warmer climate we enjoy( lord knows where its gone the last 2 years mind) ,surpriseing as it sounds i can notice a difference in some fileds i pass regularly, were golden, now startijg to go past that, more a dull faded brown colour from the road as  i pass

Chuffin trucks...........thats what. Our old Foden (93) passed its MOT about two weeks ago, after having a new handbrake valve, handbrake relay valve and a suspension leveling valve. It's only been out about twice since then, and today I decided to start it up to raise the suspension so I could tidy up the rear wings.

Up goes the air pressure, up goes the suspension and I turn off the engine to carry on with the wings, and when I walk past it..................pssssssssssssssssssssss........ Ba**ard. Now the circuit protection valve for the clutch servo has developed a leak, so its off the road again till tomorrow.

Chuffin trucks............can't win can I?  >:(

Was strimming and bit of long grass in a field beside my dogs pen so he can see out, and i caught my hand on some barbed wire, then i gave my hand a great pull away from it and ripped back a big bit of skin. Blood everywhere. :-\ :-\ :-\

When my mum seen it she thought i had cut my finger off  :D :D

seriously mate, quite a few fields are starting to go brown now, even had a bit on the local news about it last night, we had a really warm early part which bought it on early to cut, then it sarted to rain right when they wanted to start, remember its usually a good month in advance down this way due to the warmer climate we enjoy( lord knows where its gone the last 2 years mind) ,surpriseing as it sounds i can notice a difference in some fileds i pass regularly, were golden, now startijg to go past that, more a dull faded brown colour from the road as  i pass

Doesn't sound good Sean - price is a bigger worry now though as inputs have also increased - I think a lot of ground will be going back into grass :-\

A cordrois clad manager with very little idea about the job we do yet very intent on telling us the best way to do things.

So Tris ......I take it you and the new boss won't be going for a drink together at the end of the working week ???;D ;D

I was kinda getting the vibes he wasn't going to be on your Christmas card list Tris... I now get the message loud an clear... there is nothing worse than working with a boss who know's Jack Shitt about the job ;D ;D

The weather for the last 24 hours, heavy thunderstorms here last night, 15mm of rain fell here at home......would have been able to have kept ploughing if that had fallen at the farm 21 miles away, however got in this morning to see the floods and be told that 75mm (3 inches old money) had fallen there over night :o :o :o :o >:(

The weather for the last 24 hours, heavy thunderstorms here last night, 15mm of rain fell here at home......would have been able to have kept ploughing if that had fallen at the farm 21 miles away, however got in this morning to see the floods and be told that 75mm (3 inches old money) had fallen there over night :o :o :o :o >:(

we had that last tuesday mate, one hell of a storm, best i have seen in a while to be honest lightening wise

Shows how localised the heaviest rain can be though mate doesn't it :-\

it does, we were sat about 2/3  miles from it in the sun watching the rain ect coming down, never got wet, ,mind you it did let fly that night back in plymouth,we are still sorting the faults ect out even now, no end of problems, one old guy said, all i saw was a brilliant white flash and bang all in one go, the phone blew up in front of me, tv went pop ect, whole estate off just like that, they recon the strike was no more than 10 m of thier house so the leccy board said, their transformer was gone as were the poles it was on

the bomford tipped over when i was putting it on to the tractor, tried to get it up on its feet again and churrened up the lawn with the tractor, ended up having to weld a few bits that got broken off when it tipped.

then i smashed my phone >:(

Well this was yesterday really the track we have got to cart up with our tractors.  It is around 15percent and is a grass hill that lays wet anyway and with all rain we been having rain its just like ice.  Told boss this but doesnt believe me and other worker well when we got rained off after one tank and half tanks off combine, (around 6 ton) i went on up the hill i got half way up and started going backwards had to put tractor in diff lock and 4wd just to make it up.  So told boss when im full (around 10 ton as is Oats) may be idea putting some front weights on my tractor as otherwise all weights on back axle really but no i got told its not that muddy so just walked him round and showed him my tractor and trailer still didnt believe me or my mate >:( >:(

Finding BP Gas deliveries taken over by Wincanton - they have a minimum order time of three to six days, which is great when I'm using a tankful every 2 days at peak and drivers knew that and would top up as required. Now they can't do that either.  >:(

Ordered gas on Tue. - arrived today.

Depot used to be 7 miles away but it closed last week and now a 65 mile haul. Dispatcher is in Bristol so driver that was here on a little four wheeler today was off to Carlisle to make one drop (104 miles).  :o

What is with these big companies?

Where's that phone number for J gas? >:(

ebay >:( >:( it keeps jumping from the old format to the new one every time I click onto an item then return to the list of items >:( >:(>:(

Have you tried clicking on the MY EBAY tab top right?  I have that set as my homepage and is the "old" format.  Ebay "Home" is the new one

John, Wincanton would buy any company mate. They are swines buying out so many other ompanies, taking over contracts, running fleets for companies instead of their own motors. ... you name it, they do it. It's companies like Wincanton that cripple the haulage industry just as much as diesel prices and foreign hauliers.

>:(

I remember the ABP abbatoir we used to live by were served by Wincanton Chilled Distribution - is that the same company you're talking about?  On recent visits its been trucks from a local Oswestry firm that seem to work there now...