What really annoyed you today

why don't they just say sorry ,but we have found somewhere else?? or is it some sort of scam where they try and play you ,as they think your desperate to sell and accept the revised offer , and move rather than break the chain??? and loose your new place?? either way I recon a nice letter to them asking for a fees refund via your legal team  could be in order ???   

It's a scam, Sean.  She has waited until the very last minute and I am sure it would have happened even if completion had been in April as I am sure it was pre-planned.

I must admit Barry's suggestion has merit although I doubt if I will go that far as I have refused the "offer" and am now just waiting developments.  If I lose the property in Wantage then so be it. Something else will turn up

• Like 1

If you are in a position to refuse the offer, that's great, nobody like s a bully.

Is it worth asking the estate agent if this is common place and if there is a way to stop it happening in the future??

If you are in a position to refuse the offer, that's great, nobody like s a bully.

Is it worth asking the estate agent if this is common place and if there is a way to stop it happening in the future??

It is more commonplace currently than the opposite of gazumping when a buyer gets overbid at the last minute.  It was the estate agent called in gazundering

Today I discovered that some complete B*****d has cloned my credit card and maxed it on airline tickets, O2 payments and suchlike... The bank even let it go way over my limit too - more than they do for me! The first I heard of it was the bank calling me up to say that they were going to charge me £97 for the overspend! I told them that if they did, they'd be answering to the banking ombudsman faster than they could spell it...

THEN I spent over 2 hours ringing various call centres in India before finally getting through to a fraud desk, who took my details, refunded the biggest payment to get me back into the black and then close my card account completely to prevent further damage. WHY did they pay the cash back if they were going to close it? Most of the call centre people were polite, but at least two of them didn't seem to understand that I am the victim here and were trying to grasp the concept that I'd not brought this on myself...

NOW I've got to wait ten days until they re-start my account and replace the cards, AND I have to make further calls to let the other departments know that I have had the fraud attack - why doesn't their own system do this? Aaaarrrggghh!

The main effect of this is that every purchase I've made on that card since last week will bounce, so I'm going to have a load of angry suppliers on my back. I'm going to ask the bank to write to each of them in turn to apologise. (They di the last time there was a problem...).

So, advert over for the H**C... And so is my rant!

Edited by bigbear

I always remember my Mother called the chamber pot a "gazunder" as in gazunder the bed for when you get caught short in the night

So did mine and it is a perfect name for a despicable action.  It sums up exactly what I think of my buyer and frankly I would like to empty one over her head.

As an aside my grandmother used to empty the contents into a bucket, dilute by half and then water her plants.  She had some superb plants!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone up there must have my number...

First, a couple of weeks ago, our credit card got hacked - still sorting it out...

Then, this morning, I went out to go to work and found that some git has nicked my catalytic converter during the night. I rang the police and they say it could be three days or so before anybody comes to see me about it. What happened to evidence gathering? Nobody even seems to know if I can get the repair done in the meantime or not...

As for 101!!! It took three attempts to get anywhere on that number... What a farce!

I'm getting to be quite a miserable old git, aren't I? Grrr...

carpet gripper rods grrrr spawn of the Devil

I took up the old carpet and I have been sanding and painting the skirting boards, the only problem is the gripper rods have been slicing the backs of my hands and fingers ow!

carpet gripper rods grrrr spawn of the Devil

I took up the old carpet and I have been sanding and painting the skirting boards, the only problem is the gripper rods have been slicing the backs of my hands and fingers ow!

Put masking tape on top of the gripper, helps save your skin!!

P

bloody royal mail again, despite leaving a big a4 paper sign, printed in  custom 90 something font size, asking for parcels to go to a certain retired neighbour ,yet again for the 10th time he has chosen to ignore it, said neighbour watched him knock, wait 10 seconds if that apparently,  then fill the card out put it through the letter box  and drive off, he's even put its a second attempt to deliver, which it isn't?,i only ordered it yesterday from g&m  , have rung and complained yet again, as its late opening tonight, and no postie works past 4 delivering, so it should be back for 7 for me to collect once sorted, but no he's put Thursday??? was told to track the parcel via its item number, and guess what, he's put the wrong number on it, so how can I do that??? even the office I rang are in disbelief , and have no way of finding its proper number for me to trace it. seems the affor mentioned postie takes his van home after finishing, therefore my parcel will not be back till tomorrow morning at the earliest is all they could tell me. can only assume by the wrong number, and missing? the big sign he's blind or dyslexic , the sooner they sack him the better is all I can say, so much for customer care and satisfaction maybe the sell off will assist in his attitude to customer care once it happens, sorry joe , but this guys thick as a plank and gives the guys who do try a real bad name

My ********* buyer is still stalling.  No exchange of contract her "dog is ill and had to go to the vet".  Estate agents tells me she HAS dropped the contract off to the solicitors but she "has questions".  For goodness sake she has had 8 MONTHS to ask questions and she IS a SOLICITOR!   I am now getting thoroughly p*******d off.  She either exchanges contracts or she can go for a long hike OFF a high cliff.

I am not just annoyed I am ...  [fill in the blank] >:(>:D >:D>:D >:D>:D

• 3 weeks later...

Broadband yet again is on a go slow, I have just done a speed test and it just about managed to get to 0.18mb download speed. I then rang BT (somewhere in India) and got told "yes it's too slow but there is nothing we can do"............GREAT!

It is a waste of time trying to open any threads with pictures as I will still be here at 3am waiting for them to open.

Not so much annoying as the topic title suggests but annoying just the same. Today I decided to cancel a direct payment for a certain subscription I have had for a number of years as the money I will save on this sub will pay for something else that takes priority. I emailed the Company informing them in the proper manner that I was contacting them to cancel any future payments and cancel the subscription and that I would be contacting my Bank to stop any future payments going out. I then contacted my bank to do just that, cancel the payments. Now for the annoying bit, the Bank will do, with immediate effect, cancel it, but on their looking up the details informed me that the payments that have been made to the Company FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS, had been made from a debit card that EXPIRED 4 YEARS AGO!, the last 4 numbers of the card they were paying on did not match my current one. Now things are going to get interesting, I'm not apportioning any blame on the Company, they've been paid regularly and I have regularly been receiving the goods, it's the Bank that I'm now on the back of to know why they've been paying on an expired card and what they're going to do about it. I think it was a good thing that I've discovered this and they are investigating. I'll let you all know what they come back with, I wonder if it will be an excuse or compensation.

• Like 2

Tim. I look forward to hearing what the bank intend to do.  Once upon a time every transaction that went through was carefully scrutinised.  I remember having a cheque I was paying in queried because the payee name was mis-spelt and "Leake" was missing the final "e". 

Nowadays everything is scanned or is entered by pushing a button on a computer.  A client of mine had problems with a supplier who claimed they had been underpaid.  It turned out that a cheque made out to the supplier for the correct sum had been deposited in the client's bank account and one made out to the client for slightly less had been sent to the supplier whose bank had accepted it.  Neither bank noticed that the payee did not correspond to the account name! 

Banks seem to miss all sorts of ''irregularities' but when handling a cheque that has no payees signature on it, it comes back to them in a flash. Bank charges can be another bone of contention, my Father once had a little account that he was being charged £5 a year for 'account maintenance', when he asked for an account statement it showed that the amount in the account was £5. He withdrew the fiver and closed the account. As for their investment/savings interest rate payments, don't even go there!

Many years ago in the days when you could phone and talk to your bank manager I had a withdrawal from my savings account that was nothing to do with me.  When I phoned (not the manager at this time)  I was told that it was a mistake and would be credited I asked if the interest would be adjusted.  The answer was "well it isn't very much".  After I descended from the ceiling having said that, however little, was it was due to me I received an emphatic reply that it would be credited.  It wasn't very much (although interest rates were worthwhile in those days) but it was the principle of the thing.

Sadly nowadays you have to talk to a call centre and trying to get through to your branch is nigh impossible.  Even visiting some banks you have to punch details on a screen and get a ticket before you can talk to a real person.  Progress?  Perhaps but it infuriates me at times. 

Jamie, shoot the dog!    Gav, leave, and have yourself a nice long holiday!

Sue, last year I arranged a transfer of a substantial sum from one Bank account into an instant access ISA  as investing in a new ISA attracted a higher rate of interest for the first two years. The Bank clerk duly filled out the relevant forms which I duly signed and was told that the funds would be transferred within 3 working days. 6 months later I discovered that these funds were not transferred therefore I had lost the interest on the capital for that period. I duly informed the Bank that I was not interested in re submitting and was going to invest the funds elsewhere, which I did, and told them that I fully expected the Bank to credit my account from where the funds were to be transferred from with the interest that it would have accumulated had the ISA been created paid into that account, which they did. I invested in something else and am earning more than double the interest it would have in the ISA and this interest is being put into another account where it is earning more interest. No mattresses or shoe boxes in the bottom of the cupboard involved.

Gav, leave, and have yourself a nice long holiday!

Not quite that simple Tim when I live in a tied cottage, takes a bit more planning than just telling him where he can insert his job!

• Like 1

Know all about it Gav, life is never that simple or black and white, even renting property costs the same or more per month than a mortgage, if you can afford to rent, you can afford to buy is how I look at it, at least you're putting money into what eventually will be yours if you go down the buy route, depends on your circumstances.