What really annoyed you today

7 cars isn't it? After that I believe that if you fail to stop in an appropriate pull in the police can legitimately do you for something or other?

Kev? Robbo? Adie?

I've always worked on a 7 car max queue basis. There's a stretch of road between our farms about 4 miles with no over taking so if I get even a couple of cars I tend to hoik up on the verge and let people by. I only get hacked off if people don't acknowledge it... Or worse still you bloody wagon drivers who hoot and swear! You lot don't pull over if you're doing 35 miles an hour with 30 cars behind you!!!  >:(  :D :D

Being stuck in a queue behind a tractor doing 35 mph for NINE MILES despite numerous opportunities for him to pull over.  When he finally did pull over there were in excess of 20 vehicles behind him. 

Ended up in a 3 mile queue of traffic behind 2 terragator lime spreaders and loaders. One guy pulled over but the other went another 3 miles before he pulled over. Was laughing as everyone went past shouting at him.

Remember a case like this a couple of years ago in cornwall the guy was charged by the police and the case ended up in court, cannot remember what happened to him?

On the whole I think tractor drivers are considerate about pulling in..I know since I do it when roading my Nuffield to shows but there is always one or two bad apples in the box.

Why bother when people don't thankyou and just abuse you keep dogging on is what i say and i think its every 3rd layby you have to pull in at not a gateway of someones drive so if you do get pulled in just say you couldn't find anywhere safe to pull in  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

On the whole I think tractor drivers are considerate about pulling in..I know since I do it when roading my Nuffield to shows but there is always one or two bad apples in the box.

Most are extremely considerate it is just the odd few who give all the rest a bad name and I always wave a Thank You 

Most are extremely considerate it is just the odd few who give all the rest a bad name and I always wave a Thank You 

Yes I always acknowledge them by a toot or a flash of the hazards

Every thing i do is wrong, i sit wrong i stand wrong i eat wrong i dress wrong i even moved my laptop on the wrong place. My hair isnt right , my socks are wrong i bush my teeth wrong. All of this i do wrong in the eyes of my mum and dad :'( I love them loads but i  cant do anything right and im fed up and it upsets me  :'( :'(  :'( :'( Sorry for the rant just a bit down

Growing pains marshman... we've all had them mate... some more than others... it will get better as you get older mate trust uncle Marky...

Now cuddle up and I will read you a story...

Once upon a time there was a handsome fruiterer who owned a big red tractor...

And he lived HAPPILY ever after  ;D

The end  :-*

We all go through it Adam. However, now as a parent who is still young enough to remember what it was like for me 10 years ago, I've come to appreciate it is only because they love you and want everything to be perfect.

I know I will moan like hell when my kids start taking part in things I'd rather they didn't, getting haircuts which I think make them not look like my babies anymore, going out into the big wide world where I can't protect them, all the things that you have no control over.

Until you have kids you can never understand the pain of watching time march on and your perfect children growing up and needing you less everyday. My youngest is just coming up for his second birthday and it terrifies me how fast it's going by.

There was a big debate a while ago on Radio 2 about happiness. The question was 'does having kids make you happy or not?' The eventual answer was it doesn't. They mean everything to you but with every day that passes they need you less and less. They cost you a fortune and think that every time you ask them to do something it's because you're getting at them. Having kids is a rollercoaster of emotion, stress and expense which ultimately ends up as sadness as you have to give up the thing you've devoted the last 20 years of your life to! It was grand children which apparently make you happy. I'm obviously a long way off finding out if that's true but looking at my parents with my kids, I reckon there's something in it.....

You need to rise above it and just remember that it's not forever, your parents are just trying to hold on to what little is left of the tiny person they brought into the world all those years ago before he grows up and doesn't need them for anything really anymore. Give them a break and they'll give you one. Try to spend as much time with them as you can doing stuff together, suggest going places with them where you can still be their son rather than constantly trying, as teenagers do, to grow up and get the hell out of there so fast! You'll be amazed how much they appreciate it.

Good luck with it mate  :)

One other piece of advice, NEVER take fruit from strange men  ;)

On the subject of cars and tractors, there is no law relating to the number of cars behind you, you could have 100 cars behind you and still not be prosecuted.........however if you had 100 cars behind you and had gone past a safe lay-by in which you could have pulled over and didn't then you can be prosecuted for inconsiderate driving.

If you pull over in a junction its classed as obstruction of the public highway so that's another offence, if you pull over on the verge, who's to say it isn't soft enough to get bogged or that there isn't something tyre puncturingly nasty lurking in it, pulling over in someones driveway is tresspass as its private property so you're really stuck with lay-bys and some of them just aren't big enough to pull into or safe enough where they are near corners. Size of lay-bys is a big problem these days as they often aren't long enough or wide enough to get off the road safely in, especially with something like a combine or terragator.

There was a motor cyclist killed here several months back when he slammed into the side of a Fastrac pulling out of a lay-by after letting cars past, of course the family blame the driver of it (a family friend with years of experience) as he didn't have his beacon on not the motor cyclists fault for massively exceeding the speed limit so he couldn't stop in time. Nigel had checked for traffic and saw nothing, even witnesses agree with him, and beacons are not a legal requirement on a Fastrac. The lay-by is just round a corner and the family now want it closed, there have been no other accidents in that location and its the only place to pull over safely on a stretch of road  lasting approx 6 miles so surely if they closed it more accidents may be caused through impatience

On the subject of cars and tractors, there is no law relating to the number of cars behind you, you could have 100 cars behind you and still not be prosecuted.........however if you had 100 cars behind you and had gone past a safe lay-by in which you could have pulled over and didn't then you can be prosecuted for inconsiderate driving.

If you pull over in a junction its classed as obstruction of the public highway so that's another offence, if you pull over on the verge, who's to say it isn't soft enough to get bogged or that there isn't something tyre puncturingly nasty lurking in it, pulling over in someones driveway is tresspass as its private property so you're really stuck with lay-bys and some of them just aren't big enough to pull into or safe enough where they are near corners. Size of lay-bys is a big problem these days as they often aren't long enough or wide enough to get off the road safely in, especially with something like a combine or terragator.

There was a motor cyclist killed here several months back when he slammed into the side of a Fastrac pulling out of a lay-by after letting cars past, of course the family blame the driver of it (a family friend with years of experience) as he didn't have his beacon on not the motor cyclists fault for massively exceeding the speed limit so he couldn't stop in time. Nigel had checked for traffic and saw nothing, even witnesses agree with him, and beacons are not a legal requirement on a Fastrac. The lay-by is just round a corner and the family now want it closed, there have been no other accidents in that location and its the only place to pull over safely on a stretch of road  lasting approx 6 miles so surely if they closed it more accidents may be caused through impatience

Regarding the above accident..

A friend of mine in Nottingham who was driving tractor and bale trailer in the dark last year after harvest had to turn left into a narrow gateway. He pulled over onto the grass verge well before the gate and walked to open the gate. Then after checking his mirror indicating right and checking again he pulled back onto the road. Still indicating right and looking over his shoulder to check the road was clear he went onto the wrong side of the road then indicated left to turn into the gateway at this point a car was approaching but flashed his headlights so tractor continued into the gateway while first car waited and so did two others (all from the same direction). When the tractor and half the trailer was off the road driver heard a loud bang. On getting out he found a motorcyclist on the floor covered in blood. Motorcyclist was going far too fast and overtook the three waiting cars, never saw the trailer......

After several police interviews and two court apperances trying to prosecute the tractor driver the case was thrown out of court as being entirley the motorcyclists fault.

It amazes and worries me that the case got so far!!

Why bother when people don't thankyou and just abuse you keep dogging on is what i say and i think its every 3rd layby you have to pull in at not a gateway of someones drive so if you do get pulled in just say you couldn't find anywhere safe to pull in  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

In the areas that we spend a lot of our time on the roads such as Croydon etc on the outskirts of London there is so much traffic that if you were top pull in you would never get back onto the road safely again, so just turn up the radio ignore them and keep on going. ;) ;)

Just pulled into the TNT Hub at Atherstone, couldnt put my trailer on the designated bay coz of a badly parked car, dropped in a parking bay for a shunter to sort out and made my way to the canteen. Drivers Info screen puts my departure time at 20.00. Bloody marvelous >:(

We all go through it Adam. However, now as a parent who is still young enough to remember what it was like for me 10 years ago, I've come to appreciate it is only because they love you and want everything to be perfect.

I know I will moan like hell when my kids start taking part in things I'd rather they didn't, getting haircuts which I think make them not look like my babies anymore, going out into the big wide world where I can't protect them, all the things that you have no control over.

Until you have kids you can never understand the pain of watching time march on and your perfect children growing up and needing you less everyday. My youngest is just coming up for his second birthday and it terrifies me how fast it's going by.

There was a big debate a while ago on Radio 2 about happiness. The question was 'does having kids make you happy or not?' The eventual answer was it doesn't. They mean everything to you but with every day that passes they need you less and less. They cost you a fortune and think that every time you ask them to do something it's because you're getting at them. Having kids is a rollercoaster of emotion, stress and expense which ultimately ends up as sadness as you have to give up the thing you've devoted the last 20 years of your life to! It was grand children which apparently make you happy. I'm obviously a long way off finding out if that's true but looking at my parents with my kids, I reckon there's something in it.....

You need to rise above it and just remember that it's not forever, your parents are just trying to hold on to what little is left of the tiny person they brought into the world all those years ago before he grows up and doesn't need them for anything really anymore. Give them a break and they'll give you one. Try to spend as much time with them as you can doing stuff together, suggest going places with them where you can still be their son rather than constantly trying, as teenagers do, to grow up and get the hell out of there so fast! You'll be amazed how much they appreciate it.

Good luck with it mate  :)

One other piece of advice, NEVER take fruit from strange men  ;)

Thanks, and im sorry been a bit down today and my mum and dad werent moaning all the time at me  it is me who thinks they are. Im not an avrage teenager really as i have Aspergers syndrom wich is a mild form of kinda autisum but very small amounts. It resticks what i can do like have freinds and cope with the horrbile things that go one in life. Also i find it hard to get along with people my age because lots of teengers are so voilent and not my kind of people (not saying anyone on here is ). I have my schooling on line (long story how it works) I also have seprantion problems meaning i dont like being away from my mum and dad for too long as i fear somthing bad will happen to them. I no i cant stop it even if i was with them but ...... Basicly im worrying at the moment because i have nearly fineshed schooling and im going to get a job but i dont no how i will cope. I love my Mum and Dad very much and i no they love me, just when your down everything seams wrong or everyone is cross with you when they are not they are just worried. Thanks for your kind words  ;):)

Discovering that I'd gone from 100% feedback to 99% because eBay have changed the rules again and now calculate feedback using neutral scores as well. Having been on 100% for three years this really upset me :'( :'(

Oh and I forgot... eBay have upgraded Turbo Lister (used for submitting multiple listings) and now I can't get it to run.

Not happy with them at the mo >:(

Discovering that I'd gone from 100% feedback to 99% because eBay have changed the rules again and now calculate feedback using neutral scores as well. Having been on 100% for three years this really upset me :'( :'(

thats not fair!, bunch of ... >:( >:(>:( >:(

Adam, if you ever need a proper chat mate we're all here for you, that's what freinds are for. I know we all seem like a bunch of Tractor obsessed nutjobs, but we have a caring side  :)

We all have bad times, we all hate certain changes in life, geting scared,worried and frightened happens to the best of us. Keep smiling, chin up, and take it from me, work is so much more fun than school, less stressful, you earn money, and if you enjoy your job and it's involved around your interests whats better! I know at school 99% of my class mates didnt agree with tractors as a hobby  ::):D

So yeah bottom line is, anything you want to get of your chest, need some advice, let us all know  ;)

Adam, if you ever need a proper chat mate we're all here for you, that's what freinds are for. I know we all seem like a bunch of Tractor obsessed nutjobs, but we have a caring side  :)

We all have bad times, we all hate certain changes in life, geting scared,worried and frightened happens to the best of us. Keep smiling, chin up, and take it from me, work is so much more fun than school, less stressful, you earn money, and if you enjoy your job and it's involved around your interests whats better! I know at school 99% of my class mates didnt agree with tractors as a hobby  ::):D

So yeah bottom line is, anything you want to get of your chest, need some advice, let us all know  ;)

I agree absolutely. 

Wonderful bunch on here and that includes you, Adam.  It really helps to get things off your chest and they say a problem shared is a problem halved. It's true and don't I know it. 

A Group Hug is in order.

Oh and I forgot... eBay have upgraded Turbo Lister (used for submitting multiple listings) and now I can't get it to run.

Not happy with them at the mo >:(

I just sent them a email mine has gone from 100% to 98.9% just because of 1 netual

I agree absolutely. 

Wonderful bunch on here and that includes you, Adam.  It really helps to get things off your chest and they say a problem shared is a problem halved. It's true and don't I know it. 

A Group Hug is in order.

Thank you both very much, you all very kind i dont no what to say apart from thanks very much and i will when i need it a chat thankkks  :-*:-* :) :) Made my day reading that :-*