What really annoyed you today

A well known company in Ipswich that sells lorry's as my combine has one of there engines fitted to it and we think we have a coolant sender playing up so I went to them for help which they did at first but when the part no on my sender did not match the one on there computer they said ; its a lot of work to look into it for something that's properly going to cost a tenner ,it will cost me more than a tenner if my engine goes bang and I would not go to them to get a replacement if it did now anyway went to see somebody else and sorted it in 10 minutes    

• Like 1

Surprised at them, they used to supply tuckwells with all there wagons, and they never had a bad word, that guy at eye airfield is a merc truck dealer now??,or was last time i was up there,humphries is it? so i guess you have someone else close by ,

• 3 weeks later...

Took my van to me local garage today to have its service and cambelt kit change. Also booked my car in to have me new springs fitted next weekend but a noise has appeared when pressing the clutch now which sounds like it's either the clutch bearing is going or could be the flywheel which ever it is the gearbox has to come out and is guna cost the best part of a bag of sand. Bluming bmw's!!!:(:(:(

post-3634-0-61538100-1440236337_thumb.jp

But I do love it it's so nice to drive :)

Edited by Jordan_coe2012
  • Like 1

Took my van to me local garage today to have its service and cambelt kit change. Also booked my car in to have me new springs fitted next weekend but a noise has appeared when pressing the clutch now which sounds like it's either the clutch bearing is going or could be the flywheel which ever it is the gearbox has to come out and is guna cost the best part of a bag of sand. Bluming bmw's!!! :(:( :(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

BM - Troubleyous... :laugh:  :laugh: Worst thing I find about them ..If its a Diesel ..is the DPF filters... Bloody nighmare..All the modern diesels have them now.. Our 2 Mazda 3 & 6 were kicking up DPF issues also..  Been a costly job to get them sorted.. 

Edited by justy 46

BM - Troubleyous... :laugh::laugh: Worst thing I find about them ..If its a Diesel ..is the DPF filters... Bloody nighmare..All the modern diesels have them now.. Our 2 Mazda 3 & 6 were kicking up DPF issues also.. Been a costly job to get them sorted..

What is the DPF may I ask? Is it like the particular filter? It is a diesel, it's a 320d the pre LCI version with the better engine apparently but I have already had to change the turbo with did cost £1000. Now had a quote from me mechanic its £660 to change the mass flywheel and clutch which I didn't think was too bad but just seems an endless pot so far but once this work is done I will feel a bit more confident as I want to get a stage 1 remap and these are the two things that are most likely to go. Just looked it up and it is what I was thinking. Yes these can cause problems as they clog up and every now and then you have to give it a good boot to clear it out but I have just had mine changed in June so no problems as yet. Edited by Jordan_coe2012

What is the DPF may I ask? Is it like the particular filter? It is a diesel, it's a 320d the pre LCI version with the better engine apparently but I have already had to change the turbo with did cost £1000. Now had a quote from me mechanic its £660 to change the mass flywheel and clutch which I didn't think was too bad but just seems an endless pot so far but once this work is done I will feel a bit more confident as I want to get a stage 1 remap and these are the two things that are most likely to go. Just looked it up and it is what I was thinking. Yes these can cause problems as they clog up and every now and then you have to give it a good boot to clear it out but I have just had mine changed in June so no problems as yet.

Yeah.. Spot on on.. Its the diesel particulate filter ...

Took my van to me local garage today to have its service and cambelt kit change. Also booked my car in to have me new springs fitted next weekend but a noise has appeared when pressing the clutch now which sounds like it's either the clutch bearing is going or could be the flywheel which ever it is the gearbox has to come out and is guna cost the best part of a bag of sand. Bluming bmw's!!! :(:( :(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

in my experience Jordan, bm's rarely go wrong, but when they do it costs ,I am on my 5th now , with no6 due sept the 1st, and bar tyres and brakes I have never had a problem with even the older ones , never had a diesel one mind, always petrol , 2 m sports both big straight sixers , and the new ones an m sport too but 3 cylinder turbo charged

• Like 1

Windows 10 is really getting me hacked off.

Couple of weeks ago I upgraded my desktop computer and found that my email wouldn't work, took all day and a few phone calls to my son in law (bit of a computer geek) and I finally managed to get it working. The desktop has been going OK since then, a bit slow and certainly slower than 8.1 but I started to get to know my way around it.

So I decided to upgrade my laptop that I use for work. I take it out and about to the clients house and then print out the result on a mobile printer for them to sign.

BIG mistake

Now my laptop cannot find the printer and I have tried everything I can think of. I have re-installed the software and bought a new connecting lead but no, I still cannot print.

Now reloading Windows 8.1 to see if that helps

• Like 1

in my experience Jordan, bm's rarely go wrong, but when they do it costs ,I am on my 5th now , with no6 due sept the 1st, and bar tyres and brakes I have never had a problem with even the older ones , never had a diesel one mind, always petrol , 2 m sports both big straight sixers , and the new ones an m sport too but 3 cylinder turbo charged

I know what you mean Tyres are well expensive especially as I have run flats but had to use it once and they are great carnt even tell it's flat. My cousin has had two e30 touring and saloon and two e46 3 series shapes all 6 were petrol and he never had problems, think I was just unlucky with this one, well it did have 108,000 miles on it when I bought it and once the turbo went the more I looked it was common at this milage and to be honest the clutch probably would last but I can not stand the rattling noise it makes when pressing it. Just one of those things that bugs me I guess. I would like a petrol but it's the running costs as the missus does around 45- 50 mile a day so had to change to a diesel but a straight six would be nice one day, my friend has just stuck a massive turbo on his straight six so now that's pretty pokey!! :):) even tho I have had a few problems with this one still think I'm going to stick with bm's now for cars:)

Edited by Jordan_coe2012

our are run flats to, but have very good friends who do us a good deal, cost me 150 a tyre, that's on average a good 45 quid less than the usual price, new ones on 19" rims ,so they will cost me more, best be a tad more gentle with the pedals I recon , always aim for 15 k out of a set .last ones did 21k, which the dealer was amazed at as the bridgestones normally only do 9 k so they claim,

Haha yes but it's hard not to when the powers just there at your right foot! 19's that's huge I only have 17's!! Lucky bugger getting them cheap the one I replaced was on the rear so slightly wider than the front he said 199 at first so I said that's a bit much can you do it cheaper and after a few taps on the computer said il do it for 175, just wonder how many people go Yh ok and pay the full 200. The tears I have bridgestones but the fronts are pirrellis but I wish I had the bridgestones on the front as they have the over hang because the missus has kerbed the front left 4 times now from parking in the SAME spot and with them being painted it does look a mess!!

Will certainly have to be more careful out in the sticks now thats for sure, we have used these guys for years on the trye front, and its great when caroline or lizzy fit them for you, yes both fit as and a very good laugh , went to school with their brother charlie , hence the discounts,

• 1 month later...

Bloody plymouth city council has at 17.25 tonight sent an e-mail stating that our planning aplication has been voided and needs re admitting inc new plans,as they have destroyed our first set, as we have not added a CLI form, which is for extensions over 100m2 floor area or multiple houses,and major developments , a form that isnt listed on the government/pcc's  website portal for our sort of application   seeing as ours is only 30m2 total, as our architect said it isnt  required???? Hes far from happy, we are far from happy as its not another 100quid of application plans and another 100 quid resubmission fee to the council .   Something tells me world war threes gonna kick off monday morning from him and the wife , wo betide the lady thats thrown it out she may be needing a flak  jacket and tin hat 

• Like 2

BT openreach or whatever they call themselves, Phone line keeps dropping out and so does broadband, after speaking to the useless automated voice, eventually, get put into a queue to speak to an "advisor", several times now, but the phone cuts out before you get someone to answer.

Or sometimes it does an automated line check and tells me there is no problem and threatens me with a £130 bill if there is a fault with my equipment.

I just need to speak to a human......

BT bunch of t*****s

I have to say, after 2 months of getting nowhere with  their call centre eventually two engineers arrived and renewed the line to our house and cutback some branches which has fixed the problem. The engineers were very good, the polar opposite of the pen pusher side of bt.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, really annoyed.............at myself................. >:(

I was bidding last night on a model on Italian Ebay, so rare I have never seen one in such a good condition and I got outbid in the last few seconds. It was only afterwards I realised that I was bidding in Euros rather than Sterling and I could have gone a lot higher, drat, drat and double drat (to quote **** Dastardly)

• Like 2

Same as this one Sean but with a loader attachment.

The Italian stand next to us at Zwolle had one with just the loader brackets and I have never seen a complete one...............until now. It was absolutely mint and even had the air cleaner intact that many of them are missing (like this one)

SAM_7029.JPG