What really annoyed you today

nothing from work today, couldnt get the car off the drive as its a good 10mm of frozen rain on the road out, could bost the winter olympics hockey out there so walked in. 7 others made it, .2 got sent straight home by there boss, us other 5 sat till 10 before our boss decided we could go. tocsay we werent happy is an understatment, lot of other groups were told last night via text not to try and come in ,mainly due to police warnings, . i cancsee him getting some agro next week of the guys in,i am off for a week now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

nothing from work today, couldnt get the car off the drive as its a good 10mm of frozen rain on the road out, could bost the winter olympics hockey out there so walked in. 7 others made it, .2 got sent straight home by there boss, us other 5 sat till 10 before our boss decided we could go. tocsay we werent happy is an understatment, lot of other groups were told last night via text not to try and come in ,mainly due to police warnings, . i cancsee him getting some agro next week of the guys in,i am off for a week now 

people were told not to drive unless essential,i just didn't go in,did tell the boss though, nobody on our firm went in,didnt no why you bothered Sean,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

work threw a surprise today after the red alert for the snow was issued and sent out a mail to all the managers saying send the guys home, great except our boss didnt forward this on to anyone in the team, i took the decision to get back about 3 ish to the yard as it was starting to lay to be asked why i was still in, as were all the other guys, we all stood out like sore thumbs, everyone else was home by 12 . and he never even came in 

That was a very silly move by your boss Sean . When Red warnings are issued .... Most insurance companies state you have no cover while driving !!!  We are in complete shut down over here . Only the emergency services are in the roads . 

• Like 1

ah the joys of a big company where no one makes a decision is all i will say,i  certainly wasnt driving, but sadly  unless they actually say before i leave i still have to show up ,even if i cant actualy get anywhere, ,yes its daft , i was meant to be down camborne ,cornwalll, but none of the jointers could even get in down there as its a lot worse, .i dont really care,anoying as it is ,it wasnt a bad walk really , and unlike those who never even showed up, i don't stand any chance of   getting any annual leave taken of me . my times covered for the day and i just sign of as normal . on the plus side i was able to rescue the wifes birthday card for next week,was all written out and i left it in the van last night , so no need to spend another 5 quid on one, or go in while i am off to get it :D:D 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ah the joys of a big company where no one makes a decision is all i will say,i  certainly wasnt driving, but sadly  unless they actually say before i leave i still have to show up ,even if i cant actualy get anywhere, ,yes its daft , i was meant to be down camborne ,cornwalll, but none of the jointers could even get in down there as its a lot worse, .i dont really care,anoying as it is ,it wasnt a bad walk really , and unlike those who never even showed up, i don't stand any chance of   getting any annual leave taken of me . my times covered for the day and i just sign of as normal . on the plus side i was able to rescue the wifes birthday card for next week,was all written out and i left it in the van last night , so no need to spend another 5 quid on one, or go in while i am off to get it :D:D 

your boss needs one massive kick up the a**hole

• Like 2

On 22/02/2018 at 8:29 PM, Tractorman810 said:

dont you just love it when you buy something of eBay, seems to be a big seller to,although not used them before , 1 of 2 items listed as in stock, 5 days later the seller says hes out if stock, and more will be ordered and be a week or so , yet hes still got the other one on ebay for sale??? does he think i am stupid , why put them on ebay if you don't have them ,you could almost call it fraud 

still none the wiser to when it will arrive, now blaming the weather, apparently he also sells else where, but doesnt mention that in his ebay adds, and yes hes still got the  other one up for sale even though hes not got it actually in stock. will certainly never use him again and stick to my normal ebay sellers . hes offered another model whilst i only want to use it for parts,so as such the other version will do  its much more the principle,he is very likley to get his first negative feedback now 

• Like 1

only 3 mile for me mark, in 28 years its the first time i have never got in weather wise in the car ,and it was only down to the 300 m of our street before the next road down where they gritted .  never seen it as icy as it was this morning 

• Like 1

I had to go into work today and took me nearly an hour to cover the normally 20 minute journey :( we still had to go out delivering frozen meals to the elderly, and out of the six vans on the road today I was the only one that never got stuck in the snow :) but came close to having a runaway bus go head on with me :( I still think the owner should have remained shut today as I counted 40+ vehicles either abandoned or in ditches doing my round :(

• Like 2

people walking to work doesn't add to the chaos nor people like Brian above doing essential work,but I have a mate working for the highways and they are out recovering idiots who should not be out driving,these guys are risking their own lives ,and if your not self employed you should not be docked pay or forced to use your holidays to cover the days took off due to the weather,well not that I'm aware anyway,perhaps I'm lucky but I will get paid as normal

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tsb customers of which I am one,moaning about cant get online,get off your asses and go to a branch or go to an atm where you can get a print out of your account,all direct debits are going out and standing orders and you can still use your debit card,its a sad reflection I think when you rely on the internet,sad reflection really,people saying they cant put food on the table,come on lets get real here,slightly different for business account holders I admit

• Like 3

very true Paul, have we reached a point where no one keeps more than one days worth of food in the house, or a few pounds in cash ( that's money that you can actually hold, for those that don't know) in a purse as a back up for when things go wrong. It's not a case of being well off, just having a sensible approach to your finances. But then, maybe we have got it all wrong, in my parents day housekeeping and bills were the priority for your wage, if anything was left then that was your spending money. Today it seems that holidays, phones, entertainment and new clothes are the priority and if anything is left then that is for feeding the family and paying bills. I may be old fashioned, but I believe the old ways were the right ways.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, 844john said:

very true Paul, have we reached a point where no one keeps more than one days worth of food in the house, or a few pounds in cash ( that's money that you can actually hold, for those that don't know) in a purse as a back up for when things go wrong. It's not a case of being well off, just having a sensible approach to your finances. But then, maybe we have got it all wrong, in my parents day housekeeping and bills were the priority for your wage, if anything was left then that was your spending money. Today it seems that holidays, phones, entertainment and new clothes are the priority and if anything is left then that is for feeding the family and paying bills. I may be old fashioned, but I believe the old ways were the right ways.

to right John,i mean you know whats going in and you know whats going out,common sense really,but to see what some people are saying beggers believe,as I said one person saying cant put food on the table,really,are people are so reliant on their apps and internet that they cant function,im really at a loss to it all

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

to right John,i mean you know whats going in and you know whats going out,common sense really,but to see what some people are saying beggers believe,as I said one person saying cant put food on the table,really,are people are so reliant on their apps and internet that they cant function,im really at a loss to it all

Sometimes I feel that maybe it's just me, that I am so out of touch with the world today, you hear stories on the news of horrendous crimes and yet there's always someone harping on about the civil rights of the perpetrator, what about the rights of the victims? A perfect example is that of the scum that broke into the mans farmhouse, I forget his name now, and he shot and killed one, and he went to prison for it. In my opinion it all comes down to choice, he was in a situation that he could not prevent, they had the choice whether to break in or not and they chose to break the law. He should have got a medal for what he did, not a prison sentence. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just feel that now the world always seems to favour the offenders and not the victims. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, 844john said:

Sometimes I feel that maybe it's just me, that I am so out of touch with the world today, you hear stories on the news of horrendous crimes and yet there's always someone harping on about the civil rights of the perpetrator, what about the rights of the victims? A perfect example is that of the scum that broke into the mans farmhouse, I forget his name now, and he shot and killed one, and he went to prison for it. In my opinion it all comes down to choice, he was in a situation that he could not prevent, they had the choice whether to break in or not and they chose to break the law. He should have got a medal for what he did, not a prison sentence. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just feel that now the world always seems to favour the offenders and not the victims. 

I second that john. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I second that john. 

Thanks Martin, like i say i don't mean to cause offence and i don't want to rant, it's just that to me less and less of the modern world makes sense. It's a bit like farming, a lot of the public have a very low regard for the industry and what we do but I will always remember what an old chap once told me. His very words were "until they are stood outside Morrison's in Barney queuing for their bread and milk rations then they will not appreciate what we do" We are at least a generation away from what i would call real hard times, thankfully i have not experienced them but the worry is that memories of rationing and food shortages fade with time, we are an island that is now more and more dependant on imports to feed its population, farmers are encouraged not to farm but to open up the land as one big playground / nature reserve. I get immense joy from seeing and hearing nature around me as i work, and i do as much as i can to protect and encourage it, but at the end of the day food production is what we are about and that should never be forgotten. My, this is all getting a bit deep for a Sunday, sounds like I'm running for a political position, Monster Raving Looney perhaps!:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

a lot of the problem is that we are no longer taught about farming at a school level, so unless you where raised in a farming community or had grand parents that grew up  in times of rationing, very little is known :( 

44 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

a lot of the problem is that we are no longer taught about farming at a school level, so unless you where raised in a farming community or had grand parents that grew up  in times of rationing, very little is known :( 

That is also very true Brian, it frightens me when they say how many children don't even know where milk comes from 

• Like 1