Paul Palmer's conversions

18 minutes ago, paulali said:

the wheels were sprayed with NEW SILVERMIST the chassis CHARCOAL GREY, all genuine mf aerosol cans Nathan,thanks for lookining

Best get down MST I think , I've bought a few sets of different  decals as I want to do a few different 3000/3100 range tractors 

135s came out in july 1964 at the Smithfield show, round fenders were fitted and red wheel centres. in late 1966/early67 the wheel centres changed to silver (except for the pavt)...In 1971 flat top fenders came out because that year a safety cab legislation was passed and it was deemed easier to fit safety cabs to flat top fenders, the reason that UH released this model with round tops is because MF restored a 135 to promote their 10+ parts range ( this tractor I believe is still in the Beauvais factory visitor centre), the tractor they restored is incorrect for the year in many ways including the mudguards and the seat type, but to add to the confusion 135s were made to 1979 for the export market with round type fenders, you could till order a 135 though through dealers and specify flat top fenders. There were 3 different types of flat top fenders, 1) early type with aluminium grab handles at front, 2) aluminium grab handles were replaced with a one piece fender with grab handles made as part of the mudguard and a toolbox with a one piece lid and 3) exactly the same as number 2 but the toolbox lid had a hinge to allow it to fold and this was because many aftermarket cab types limited the lid opening... 1964 to 1979 was a long production run and just over 252000 tractors were made, they were one of MFs best selling tractors of all time and had a heart like a lion and were built to last

Edited by B O R
  • Like 2

Looks tidy Paul,flexi cabs are easier than you think, the keys using fine plastic, this ones a 1.5mm box section for the frame the corners are joined like a real one with .5mm plastic cut to the triangles. Helps with the plastiweld  glues bonding,keeps it all firmer ,the chassis has the mount points in it,so you can get a very good idea where to start from with those, and there's plenty of pics of the 100 series on the web with just the frames showing, they are all the same angles and size

P1020486_zps5muggr3o.jpg

• Like 1

The cladding is multiple layers of a weird first aid bandage from work, sort of synthetic stuff ,sealed with a pva wash, it shaped very well ,went on it large and small bits to get the front angle and drapes ect , and did allow for a bit of sanding on the corners once set, it's then painted white to Britghen  it, red sides and lower door panels are a water proof coat material,the clear window section just a plastic bag I had with some parts in, why not try a delux all metal cab version, all the frames the same but it's easier to shape, the hardest part I had with the one above was making the doors work, being so fine it's down to .5mm copper rod and holes drilled, along with setting them right, , I have one sat in the shed awaiting a delux cab myself, but also considered a fibreglass cab to,the britains version, as I have seen a few 135's in the past with that one,, they are rare mind 

45 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Looks tidy Paul,flexi cabs are easier than you think, the keys using fine plastic, this ones a 1.5mm box section for the frame the corners are joined like a real one with .5mm plastic cut to the triangles. Helps with the plastiweld  glues bonding,keeps it all firmer ,the chassis has the mount points in it,so you can get a very good idea where to start from with those, and there's plenty of pics of the 100 series on the web with just the frames showing, they are all the same angles and size

P1020486_zps5muggr3o.jpg

Sean, any pics of the Massey combine in the background please mate. Looks interesting.