Paul Palmer's conversions

3 hours ago, paulali said:

thanks Jamie,yes,the 4 wheel steer would have been nice,thanks for the weight as well,appreciated mate

I'm guessing the 4 wheel steer is an option,if not that's a poor show from britains.

Mark,looking at the axle stub design on Pauls pics I'd say fitting row crops to the front axle looks straight forward,I put some on a britains mf 7480 and it is much the same as in Pauls pics and they fitted well once you drilled the correct size hole,it amazes me how britains release those recent mf 5600 and 7600 then come up with this fastrac much more of a middle ground between toy / collector model.

15 hours ago, paulali said:

just measured them Joe the wheels are 22mm,front and rear the same size

My apologies Paul,I was measuring the wheel,Plus the tyre,and Mark I think your right,but the alloys would be a wee tad expensive although,Henry does sell these which would be about right,but I don't think they would look good,??? http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-3634781/37014-Cultuurwielen-groot-vooras-(grijze-velg)-(04226)-.html

Regards

Joe.

I visited the JCB dealership Pecks of Ely yesterday Paul and they had around a dozen britains model JCB 4220s for sale..................but still no sign of yours yet::)

Now Ive had a good look at my 4220 I have to agree it is easily Britains most accurate model todate,  and theres plenty of room for improvement as well..........................its in a different league from recent poor efforts of both JD and especially MFs which look awful.

Now where that screwdriver;)

Edited by bluegreen

£19.99    Mark,  which seems a fair price to me..........................My G & M one was £17.50 plus postage , so if I buy anymore 4220s I will pick them up from Pecks when I do my weekly shopping at Sainsburys which is virtually next door and avoid getting anymore postage costs:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I visited the JCB dealership Pecks of Ely yesterday Paul and they had around a dozen britains model JCB 4220s for sale..................but still no sign of yours yet::)

Now Ive had a good look at my 4220 I have to agree it is easily Britains most accurate model todate,  and theres plenty of room for improvement as well..........................its in a different league from recent poor efforts of both JD and especially MFs which look awful.

Now where that screwdriver;)

dying to see what tweeks you are going to do Phil

this is going to be a 1979 version,so i have to spray the cab,inside and out,glass and headlining and mirrors removed ready for spraying,i have had the the wrong spray paint sent to me,i recieved new silver mist,i need silver mist,so this work wont start until after xmas

mf 590 001.JPG