Paul Palmer's conversions

How does Henri know the exact scale for decals paul?   Do you send him pictures of the real machines bonnet?

Never seen a MF8450,  there were a fair few 8460s around here which were 250hp machines and most other farmers went for the 215hp 6499s.

By the way you might want to check out S D Fraters MFs for sale as he had a load of UH ones, mostly modern for very low prices!!   New 8700s for £30 I think:of  and a couple of dualled 7499s rebadged to 6499s!  I was very tempted to take one but managed to control myself;D

3 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

How does Henri know the exact scale for decals paul?   Do you send him pictures of the real machines bonnet?

Never seen a MF8450,  there were a fair few 8460s around here which were 250hp machines and most other farmers went for the 215hp 6499s.

By the way you might want to check out S D Fraters MFs for sale as he had a load of UH ones, mostly modern for very low prices!!   New 8700s for £30 I think:of  and a couple of dualled 7499s rebadged to 6499s!  I was very tempted to take one but managed to control myself;D

yes basiclly Phil,i sometimes drive a 8450,so i had all the dimensions,Henri is very good,and actually the bonnet is not correct,i use  siku 8270/80  bonnets, the 8400 bonnets are slighty different but close enough for me,i have 2 or 3 very good sources for mf models,and i can get 8700's for £23.00,but thanks for the info anyway,prices vary hugely and you have to search out the best prices,i have seen some people ask as much as £50.00 for the mf 8700's

nicer job Paul. now I'm going to have to add another "to do" to my long list of backlogged MFs.... so far they include more 500 series, more 3000 series and more 100s.  I was actually hoping someone would have brought out a 165 or 168 or similar but hopefully will happen sometime, the 135 is one of my favourites of all time

1 minute ago, B O R said:

nicer job Paul. now I'm going to have to add another "to do" to my long list of backlogged MFs.... so far they include more 500 series, more 3000 series and more 100s.  I was actually hoping someone would have brought out a 165 or 168 or similar but hopefully will happen sometime, the 135 is one of my favourites of all time

thanks Brian,i agree,would love somebody to bring out more of the 100 series,a favourite of mine the 188 would be nice to be released,there were 135's all over where i lived,and still one is working now on a farm only a couple of miles from me

the 100 series was legendary, all of them, 50 yrs on and still going strong, this is my own 135, every nut and bolt is correct and all original genuine parts were painfully hunted down during my 4 year restoration

CIMG4554.JPG

CIMG4556.JPG

CIMG4569.JPG

• Like 5

just started this ,removed siku beacon from roof,replaced with side mounted beacon,roof aerial added,removed the 40 speed decal from rear window,painting the silver rivetts on loader and painting loader headstock,as it should be red,not black,painted front mudguards flat black,as they were way to shiney,more to be done to this next weekend,which will be painting wheels and wheel nuts,adding warning decals and numberplate

massey 5455 001.JPG

massey 5455 002.JPG

massey 5455 003.JPG

massey 5455 004.JPG

massey 5455 005.JPG

1259.jpg

Edited by paulali
  • Like 1

Will go back via my history, was in a topic somewhere on gpt I think, can't remember of the top of my head, looked pretty good, all the holes for the small top lamps had been it in instead of decals , so just add small Jewels like you used on the 135 front side lights