Massey Ferguson Rumours

catkom3

Spotted this today on GTP, new Massey's for Agritechnicha

Hello,
I heard from my commercial MF a series of novelties consistent with Massey Ferguson, which will be presented in front of Agritechnica:
- Round balers from Welger;
- New series combine harvesters;
- Renewal of the tractor ranges;
- Other ...
If someone has more info, I'm a taker!
Do you know if in tractor, it will be just a Datatronic 5 on the 7700? A new cabin? Or outright a new range of tractors in the 130-260 hp?
Thank you

Regards

Joe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These photo's appeared on GTP today,the first one I've seen before,been about,2/3 years ago,but never seen the other 3 before,and that huge auger is different from the first pic,??

Regards

Joe,

New Massey 1.jpg

New Massey 2.jpg

New Massey 3.jpg

New Massey 4.jpg

21 hours ago, Agcofarmer said:

Spotted on Facebook 

IMG_6607.PNG

Oh dear, don't like the look of that. 

Ive lost track now, what company did MF, or should I say AGCO, buy or make a deal with recently that has led to the new ranges of MF and Fendt grassland machinery?

7 minutes ago, Tommy Gough said:

Oh dear, don't like the look of that. 

Ive lost track now, what company did MF, or should I say AGCO, buy or make a deal with recently that has led to the new ranges of MF and Fendt grassland machinery?

Fella, they have owned them for a few years now i think 

15 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

These photo's appeared on GTP today,the first one I've seen before,been about,2/3 years ago,but never seen the other 3 before,and that huge auger is different from the first pic,??

Regards

Joe,

New Massey 1.jpg

New Massey 2.jpg

New Massey 3.jpg

New Massey 4.jpg

As agco currently don't have a combine that matches the outputs/powers of the lexion780/nh cr9 that could well be it 

Whats the point !!    New Holland currently have the highest output combine on the planet with the CR10.90,  but around these parts they haven't sold one.............in fact as far as I can see they haven't sold any new yellow combines locally for three or four years!!    Its all Claas..............apart from three or four huge JD farms which have all got three or four S690s.

Even the two big Velcourt farms that had 5 CR9090s between them have now gone Claas 780..........very depressing as I hate monopolies.

Actually there are two new MFs on my patch this year, and if it ever stops raining I might actually get out with my camera and photo them............................but long term I could eventually see Claas getting every new sale in the UK and the rest giving up............sounds like Malcy heaven doesn't it:P

There is a farm about 10 mile up the road,they had Massey combines for years. This year they have a 17 plate cr10.90 with new Holland draper header. Trouble is they have a 10 tonne trailer and two 12 tonners ,they struggle to keep up with the combine!!!!

Agco announced back on March 17th this year that they were buying the lely brand along with all other subsiduries. It was in the farmers weekly and is freely available to see on the Internet, as for the combine, a farmer that I know who runs all Massey, including a centora combine told me that a new centora replacement was due for testing this harvest, he didn't know if it was keeping the same name, or having a new one.

On 02/08/2017 at 10:48 PM, bluegreen said:

Whats the point !!    New Holland currently have the highest output combine on the planet with the CR10.90,  but around these parts they haven't sold one.............in fact as far as I can see they haven't sold any new yellow combines locally for three or four years!!    Its all Claas..............apart from three or four huge JD farms which have all got three or four S690s.

Even the two big Velcourt farms that had 5 CR9090s between them have now gone Claas 780..........very depressing as I hate monopolies.

Actually there are two new MFs on my patch this year, and if it ever stops raining I might actually get out with my camera and photo them............................but long term I could eventually see Claas getting every new sale in the UK and the rest giving up............sounds like Malcy heaven doesn't it:P

Think claas have the bigger machine, but only by a bit a 10.90 is the equivalent to a 770.

No the 9.90 is the same as the 770 Jack, its also the same output as JDs 690.............they are all Class 9 machines.......................CR10.90 and 780 are class 10 machines.

The main differences are Claas generally offer a better service, better marketing, sell more units, can easily undercut NH and can offer resale values that are higher as they CONTROL the market.    I call it an unfair monopoly!

I would have jumped in the car and followed it Barry:P............................looks like the 7382 model that one of our locals has just bought...................haven't seen it working yet though.    It did look nice sat in the dealers yard at Kentford.           

There's an MF dealer near Shifnal, so a few MF Combines sold new around the East of the County, but around my area the newest I've seen is a 10 plate Centora.

There are a lot of new Claas, but a fair few loyal New Holland customers, but Ravenhill have gone from Shrewsbury now, and Severn Farm Machinery over at Pontesbury have taken on the franchise.  Quite a way from here, but still closer than Morris Corfields, so hopefully NH will keep their customers.  There is another NH dealer at Malpas just over the border in Cheshire too.

Before that we had Oakleys in Shrewsbury and Welshpool who were also NH main dealers - so quite a heritage.

I suspect the raising of the bar for MF combines probably has more to do with Fendt!!    Given that the new Challenger 700 series have a Fendt cab and bonnet and will probably appear in their livery at Agritechnica later this year, I reckon Fendt will want a better combine range than is currently available to take on the Lexions.   I noticed there was a Fendt combine at Lamma this year.

52 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

I suspect the raising of the bar for MF combines probably has more to do with Fendt!!    Given that the new Challenger 700 series have a Fendt cab and bonnet and will probably appear in their livery at Agritechnica later this year, I reckon Fendt will want a better combine range than is currently available to take on the Lexions.   I noticed there was a Fendt combine at Lamma this year.

Quite a few Fendt combines running in the UK now, mostly smaller to mid range versions based around the Massey Ferguson Beta. Since the dealer re-alignments by AGCO most Fendt dealers are running demo combines this year. I know a couple of areas, Wiltshire, and Lincolnshire that have bigger Delta based Fendt combines running this harvest. 

This 15 plate 6335C is one of four Fendt combines East Yorkshire dealer Wilfred Scrutons have brought over. Photographed this example on friday. :)

P1410739 - Copy.JPG

Archived