Where and when was your first farm model show

Udimore

21 hours ago, SPN said:

I was at a show in Zwolle back when we still had lots of different currencies in Europe, so it must have been 2001. I went back again (maybe 2003) after the Euro was introduced and by heck did it make life so much easier to have only one currency.

I was in Spalding in 2004, just after I bought the car I'm still driving - I took it for a spin from Dublin to Spalding and back to Dublin on one tank of diesel.

I was in Spalding again since then, and it might have been 2005 as we had changed to Kilometres so I got caught out a couple of times by 50 signs in villages on the Fens. One very bad memory from that visit was seeing these really scary looking characters skulking in the corner of the dining room of the Travel Lodge at breakfast (see the OP above).

Not sure whether it was 2004 or 2005 that there was a picture of a member here getting intimate with a New Holland TM outside the hall. Needless to say there was no photo of anyone relieving themselves on the drivers door handle of a Subaru Impreza WRX in the carpark.

Someone got him a year or so later at Toytrac the first year of Wincanton when they relieved them self on his new hairdressers BMW  :wub: He was not impressed 

Must of been Sue or Mandy :lol:

10 hours ago, robbo said:

Been thinking a bit more about this one, I now think that the first show I attended was at Myerscough College in Lancashire, it was not just a model show it was mainly full sized tractors. I remember thinking that I might be in a minority liking the model versions and then I saw a rabble in the corner calling themselves, "Lancashire Lads on Tour", Valley Axe Man will know more about them as he was one of 'em. :D

those same lads used to display at the Scottish national tractor show at Lanark too

19 hours ago, robbo said:

Been thinking a bit more about this one, I now think that the first show I attended was at Myerscough College in Lancashire, it was not just a model show it was mainly full sized tractors. I remember thinking that I might be in a minority liking the model versions and then I saw a rabble in the corner calling themselves, "Lancashire Lads on Tour", Valley Axe Man will know more about them as he was one of 'em. :D

Aye Mike we were there for both shows held at the college in 2008/09 and locally at the  Chipping steamfair we still hold our Annual get together.... as well as us locals, there were displays at the college by Steve Mason and his lads Liam and Shane, The late Phil Hairsine (Starbrush) the Late Kenny Beeton and his wife Shirley and brother John, Harold Powlton and Dave Arthur, then on the second show i think Andy and Alfie Thompson displayed along with Ian and Sam Richmond.... i found a couple of photo's from back then.....

From 2009 show i think, left to right, Jane stewart, Kevin Stewart, Damian Hampson, Becky Stewart, Lynn Whitehead, (Me), Chris Whitehead, Phil Hairsine, Dave Holden, and Mark Holden

P2030126.thumb.JPG.4e8b27bd10d7bbdf39f7cbc16f0db140.JPG

This be from the first of the the College shows..

P3030352.thumb.JPG.32bb443733b47acd116138a10552ef86.JPG

9 hours ago, dm434 said:

those same lads used to display at the Scottish national tractor show at Lanark too

We used to get about a bit back in the day bud, was more of a de-stress and relax to be at a show for a weekend after having done a few weeks of silly hours at work, though never been the same without my late dad, Phil or Kenny.

27 minutes ago, 1/32 farmer said:

I cant remember the first one 

but spalding 2005 rings a bell the good things was finding more farm stuff buy other makers 

meeting you lot, and bad things getting used to a hanovers on a sunday morning  

How can we forget the first Yeti trip mate ;)

Not forgetting you sharing a room with Dwain ;)

I think my first show was Biggleswade show  at a school.l think ,and Spalding back when there was only the Springfield hall and small garden centre,with the now Travelodge and shopping centre was just bare land.1995 ish I think.also .toytrac at farmer Giles farmstead,always seemed to chuck down with rain and the muddy carpark.on a steep hill.stiil like going to shows hope they never end.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, CX820Joe said:

I must confess i have never been to a show.  There aren't really any close to Shropshire and with not driving i have justhad to enjoy other folks pics from their trips

Joe's a virgin he he :D

3 minutes ago, Udimore said:

He can join our club eh Jamie :D

Oh hang on different subject matter :wub:

er,models shows I meant,ahem :unsure:

first for me was toytrac 09 then a couple of spaldings although never properly as always have something else on as I live close :ph34r:

Watergrass Hill show in 2010 was my first . Forum member Coxy was the organiser if I remember rightly at the time . Another guy that seems to have gone off the radar on the forum with a while . Would like to make it over to the UK sometime for a show . Spalding or Toytrac would be nice. 

22 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

er,models shows I meant,ahem :unsure:

first for me was toytrac 09 then a couple of spaldings although never properly as always have something else on as I live close :ph34r:

going by some of my past ...'conquests' people could argue I should have kept myself 'pure' :D

Archived