Where and when was your first farm model show

Udimore

Spalding 1998 for me where I met a few members that are still on here. I recall being shocked by not being just the only weirdo who loved farm models. It was chaos and well before the internet had its impact so was very different back then.

The famous FTF Spalding I think was 2005 were Stevey, Yeti, Dwain and little ole me drove up together and met bignose and co in the queue. Don't think I have missed one since

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

Penrith two years ago for me. Couldn't get over how busy it was and how many traders and displays were there. 

Penrith for me too, in fact it's the only show I get to, think it's six or seven years since now. Maybe one day if I renew my passport I might make it to Spalding in September! 

Showing my age a little with this answer as it would have been on Bill Richardsons farm back in the early eighties, either '83 or '84. My dad was selling off his small collection at the time. Even had a go in his artic Deere. Don't time fly :)

16 minutes ago, Mike R said:

For me it was probably Toytrac when it was at Farmer Giles with Steve got a lift to it.

I can't remember what year this was,it seems a life time ago..

I remember it well Mike ;)

I was at a show in Zwolle back when we still had lots of different currencies in Europe, so it must have been 2001. I went back again (maybe 2003) after the Euro was introduced and by heck did it make life so much easier to have only one currency.

I was in Spalding in 2004, just after I bought the car I'm still driving - I took it for a spin from Dublin to Spalding and back to Dublin on one tank of diesel.

I was in Spalding again since then, and it might have been 2005 as we had changed to Kilometres so I got caught out a couple of times by 50 signs in villages on the Fens. One very bad memory from that visit was seeing these really scary looking characters skulking in the corner of the dining room of the Travel Lodge at breakfast (see the OP above).

Not sure whether it was 2004 or 2005 that there was a picture of a member here getting intimate with a New Holland TM outside the hall. Needless to say there was no photo of anyone relieving themselves on the drivers door handle of a Subaru Impreza WRX in the carpark.

Whilst I had Corgi and Britains models when I was a kid around 1970ish I grew out if them and got into real tractors for a few years. Then I left farming altogether until I went to the World record attempt at Hullavington in 2006 where I bought a Same Iron 200. The year after that I went to Spalding for the first time, it has cost me an arm and a leg since then.

think it was about 2006 a small show in a village hall near where i live, saw it advertised in local paper so went along for a look. There was a few traders there and i bought a britains 5000  super major of brian holmes that started me off collecting again happy  times:)

cant remember the first one I went too but it was in the early 80 as there was toy fairs every weekend in them days if you was prepared to travel a bit , myself and 2 very good/close friends used to go to 2 a month sometimes 3 , my two partners in crime/collecting are no longer with us and a lot of the toyfairs have gone as well are first Spalding  would have been about 1988/1990 I think . we used to like going down to pickets lock toy fair at London as they did not now what a tractor was or what it was worth so we always come home with several bargains as they was all into cars/buses down there     

Toytrac down at Farmer Giles's way back when... again could have been about 2002.. when the show was held in November, and the carpark turned to a mudbath at the slightest sign of moisture was a long time ago but had some good times for a day trip out way before i got addicted to 16th scale

11 hours ago, robbo said:

Whilst I had Corgi and Britains models when I was a kid around 1970ish I grew out if them and got into real tractors for a few years. Then I left farming altogether until I went to the World record attempt at Hullavington in 2006 where I bought a Same Iron 200. The year after that I went to Spalding for the first time, it has cost me an arm and a leg since then.

Been thinking a bit more about this one, I now think that the first show I attended was at Myerscough College in Lancashire, it was not just a model show it was mainly full sized tractors. I remember thinking that I might be in a minority liking the model versions and then I saw a rabble in the corner calling themselves, "Lancashire Lads on Tour", Valley Axe Man will know more about them as he was one of 'em. :D

3 hours ago, prickles said:

anybody else remember Biggleswade show it was the forerunner of scalding autumn show ? tiny cramped hot place   with narrow aisles run by bill and jean richardson and brian and linda norman

And free Tea (or coffee)

Archived