Siku 2018

AJH

• robbo pinned this topic

No, also no Farmer 1/50 models... Only these 2!

The JCB is a 435S Agri with silage fork btw and the tractor with mower a Aebi! 

Don't expect to much, it's Siku (just look at the Fastrac 4000 and imagine a 435S Agri...) 

The Farmmodel News Facebook page has just posted photos of the two new Siku models.

I have to say, despite the 435 agri being in my top 10 most wanted modern models, this doesn't look like a great effort. But it'll do as a base model to improve upon and I suppose that's a fun part of the hobby. I should just be grateful someone's making it in the first place

Warning-  shield your eyes from the buckrake. It really is that bad!

Siku promo shots are quite often of early prototypes so the 435 might not be too bad, at least it will have painted metal in its build...................as others have said it might just need a bit of detailing and a buck rake from 3 oaks or someone.............................I'm very happy with my JCB 4220 Britains / siku hybrid tractor,  maybe Britains 419s can be used to swap parts with the siku 435 as well.

Yes, I'm sure the finished version will look a little better. Like you said, it should be a nice metal model that's easy to improve upon. I'm still excited for it and the 419s which is marketed specifically towards clamp work. 

Wheeled loaders always seemed the weakest link in large 1:32 silage fleets, but now they're like London buses -  all coming at once - the claas from Wiking, and these 2 JCBs :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Siku-3663-Jcb-435-S-Agri-Radlader-1-3-2-New-Boxed/352265357548?epid=12024414485&hash=item5204a6c8ec:g:cAoAAOSwfdNbuJmg

The JCB appears to have been released in Germany now.  Doesn't look as good as the Britains 419S but I would imagine theres a lot more metal in it.  I'm sure there is some potential in it but looks like a fair old job.  Can't really understand why Siku have gone back to their old style naff wheels - something with large hubs would improve the model for a start off.  The extra hydraulic cylinders put me off (and the buckrake)

10 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Siku-3663-Jcb-435-S-Agri-Radlader-1-3-2-New-Boxed/352265357548?epid=12024414485&hash=item5204a6c8ec:g:cAoAAOSwfdNbuJmg

The JCB appears to have been released in Germany now.  Doesn't look as good as the Britains 419S but I would imagine theres a lot more metal in it.  I'm sure there is some potential in it but looks like a fair old job.  Can't really understand why Siku have gone back to their old style naff wheels - something with large hubs would improve the model for a start off.  The extra hydraulic cylinders put me off (and the buckrake)

I get the market that Siku toys fall in to, but that looks awfully basic - especially when you take the price tag into account.  What were they thinking of with the buck rake bucket!!?

I suppose since taking over Wiking they have scaled back the Siku farmer range.  I saw an old Siku catalogue from 2008 on eBay and there was a scan of the tractor range from then and there were 2 full pages of tractors not including the classic models.  Nowadays there is just 1 page.  Some of the latter releases were very good despite the usual front linkage etc (Case Magnum, JD 8360R, McCormick TTX, JD 6210R) but the last few releases have regressed back to the early 2000s type releases.  The Fastrac wasn't good, the Manitou was a disappointment and now so is this Loader.  In a way it feels as though it's a wasted opportunity that the 435 couldn't be a Wiking model, though I'm not sure if the JCB licence is specific to Siku...and of course wiking are planning to release the Claas Torion loader so probably wouldn't want to release a competing machine at the same time.

• robbo unpinned this topic

Archived