Bluegreens 2018 pics

bluegreen

I got out with the camera last weekend before the snow arrived,  I knew there would be some activity on the sandy land and fortunately all my targets were working in nice photogenic roadside fields:)

Two of Upton farms nice CASE Puma fleet getting beds ready for veg planting.

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3425.JPG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just down the road a couple of miles Moulton manors Puma 240 on ploughing duties................................Both 240s came from DOEs last April and have very close reg plates.

Final shot is of another 240, this time in Pecks yard with the snazzy new 2018 decal design.................Not sure at first, but now I'm warming to the refreshed look.

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3387.JPG

• 1 month later...

If my photography in February and early March were heavily influenced by CASE, then Late March /April saw New Holland the focus of my cameras attentions.

It started when I noticed two new BP T7270s working in different locations around the neighbouring village in March. ................And after much investigation I discovered that in fact 4 new BP T7270s had been bought by three different farmers within 10 miles of my home, all on 67 reg plates.  They also had acquired two standard painted T7.260s and a few T7210s as well:) 

Somehow the Blue power versions have so far eluded me when I had the camera available, but not the T7260 and T7210s.

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_3511.JPG

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

Alan Bartletts Carrots bought a huge fleet of New Hollands in 2016 which was mainly T7260s and T7210s,  plus three new T7.315HDs and three Fendt 936s

I noticed one of the T7315s ploughing on their sandy land near Red Lodge and got these lovely snaps, and as I drove away having taken plenty of pics I passed another one coming up the road with a big power harrow which promptly turned into the same field..........Grrrrrrr!!!     What I also noticed was it had a 18 Reg plate and was brand new and so is the one in the picture.  Maybe they've added more HDs to the fleet or their changing every 2 years now instead of three,  it used to be 5 years!!

And I was told yesterday that Pretoria energy (Cambridge) who are massive maize people have swapped their big JCB 7310s for 5 new NH T7315s to do all the drilling this year..................Hooray!!

Don't know about you guys but I think the T7315s look nicer in standard blue,  so do the smaller T7210s but somehow the longer wheelbase T7270s look best in Blue Power livery.

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

Good to see P J Lees have seen the light and ditched one of their twin track Challenger875E and gone for a new special edition Quadtrac:).................Even better they didn't buy a JDRX considering their mainly JD these days.

Filthy weather as well, it was pissisting down!!  Challenger would have given up whilst the four track kept on lugging.

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

Beet drill, they have a trailed Horsch beet drill this year, most people are mistaking it  as a maize drill from the distanceas it looks the same, it’s not until you get close you can see it’s actually a 36 row beet drill set up for seed and fertiliser. Covers just over 18m in one pass and is on one of the T7.315’s. I had three chaps from there on a training course the other day telling me about it, pictures are from Manns Facebook page  

D59A19D8-4A3B-49D8-88F4-5C0CC53129D8.jpeg

B13D667C-C5AE-4852-A85C-AE42D6CBBCD4.jpeg

Yep I have seen it, I saw it on the blue power on Friday and thought it was a Maize drill...............................If they've got 5 of  these NH/ Horsch rigs flying about the place they will end up around my village sooner or later................Out with the Camera this weekend me thinks:D

• 1 month later...

today I did see the 315 hd bluepower with the big horsch drill behind it,was just starting on a field beside the a16  just off the crowland roundabout,guessing its the same company as there can't be many of these combinations about.

Probably, they have 5 of them rigs  afterall………………………...I also discovered they actually now have 3 x Challenger 875e and 2 x Quadtrac 620s !!!!!!!!   6 or 7 large Horsch drills, 5 x NH T7.315 and a large contractor with a JCB fleet assisting planting and harvesting!!!!!

Too think they only started growing a few hundred acres of maize in 2011 with one 8 row drill, half a dozen JCBs via a contractor and one Claas 980 forager...…………………...they must be making collosal amounts of money given mushrooming amount of maize they now harvest, must be between 10 to 20,000 acres now:wacko:

• 1 month later...

A few pictures to update this thread...………………………...Pretoria Energy and one of their NH T7315s plus huge triple axle digestate tanker!!

Plus a small JCB 8330 acting as one of the supply tankers from the Anaerobic digester plant.

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3709.JPG

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3715.JPG

And harvest begins with good news, finally 4 seasons after NH launched the new style CRs onto the market we have one just up the road!!!    Even though it is an ex demo 2016 CR8.90 with a new cutterbar I will take it:D...…………..just heartily fed up of seeing Claas and JD everywhere:angry:

IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

We have two large farms with new fleets of Valtra Ts  and looking at this brand new machine in gorgeous green I rather suspect we will see many more to come.

I also followed a brand new black one through the village pulling a Stewart trailer, no idea who it belonged too but very, very smart it wasB)

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

Another newish NH,  this time a wide body CR9.80 with 35ft header which has thankfully replaced their 9090 instead of the Claas Lexion I saw on demo on the farm last year:angry:

Its a Velcourt farm and they also had a brand new CASE 145 Maxxum which sadly had a set of cheapskate narrow rear fenders on it to spoil the look.

I had often driven alongside this strange field which is basically a 2 mile long riverbank and about 8 cutting widths wide...…………….but until these pics I had always missed it being cut, so doubly pleased to hit the jackpot:)

IMG_3746.JPG

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

Another first, this time its a CASE Optum 300 which has just been bought as an ex demo machine by Glover Agri contractors who now have around 9 or 10 Puma tractors from Goodies mates at Fakenham:)...……………….Seen her a few times in last week or so and very impressed!!

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

I really like the look of the Optum, wasn't quite 100% sure when i first saw them but they've really grown on me. The farm where my father buys his straw has just got one and they were over with a load the other day but i missed it, however the chap who drives it said that they'd had a Valtra on demo and he liked that better, but they stuck with Case as they have run nothing else for as long as i can remember and they didn't want to upset their local dealer by straying elsewhere.

I got to drive one round the yard at DOEs Framlingham thanks to Smithy & Goodie and its a tall beast,  quite a few steps to climb to get up in the cab.   Think I prefer the Valtra T lookswise but then they only go upto 250hp and are more of a Puma competitor than a match for the bigger Optums.

Yeah but that's just boost isn't it...…………………...The Optum is bigger heavier and 50hp more max hp...………………...A friend of mine who drives lots of different prime movers tested out the blue version T7315 last autumn and was stunned at how well it pulled!!   He is a Fendt man thru and thru but was very impressed with the CNH machines performance,  of course he then slated it for its build quality and cab noise compared to his Fendt:D

More pictures and Im having a good run locally, lots of diversity around here.

Having photographed a New Holland CR8.90 on a local estate which looked like an ex demo machine I was delighted to find that in fact it was a stop gap combine until the estates brand new machine arrived...………………….And what a beaut it is, New Holland CR8.80 on tracks in the all yellow livery and back to number one in the best looking combine on the market for meB)

IMG_3794.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

Archived