Bluegreens 2018 pics

bluegreen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maurice Masons  have a special relationship with Claas,  they've had the 770 since 2011 as a pre production model and now have got rid of their Xerions for a 870 and 920 tractors...……………..I will be watching out for any developments during cultivations as they now seem very light on power to me over 4000 acres. Maybe a tracked Axion might appear.

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3788.JPG

IMG_3789.JPG

I finally caught up with the Valtra T stealth unlimited:D...…………….I think the black trailer was a bit too much though!

The driver could have done with black trousers, shirt and jacket, plus mirrored specs to really look the part ha ha!

IMG_3825.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3833.JPG

15 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I finally caught up with the Valtra T stealth unlimited:D...…………….I think the black trailer was a bit too much though!

The driver could have done with black trousers, shirt and jacket, plus mirrored specs to really look the part ha ha!

IMG_3833.JPG

The front of the grille looks like something from the Alien films :o

Kubota was going at a fair old pace Joe...………………………...Its my understanding that when the two big Lex combines go further a field the farm the Kubotas on hire to are going to put one of their two Fendt 1050s on a trailer as well...……………...one extreme to another:lol:

Kubotas are becoming popular over here in Ireland mind . My boss    has 2 of them on his little hobby farm !!:D. Both are around the 70 ish HP mark & they both have 5 pot engines !!  They are apperently a trouble free reliable tractor ! Jap engineering ... Can't beat it !!;) I know a few lads that done harvesting stents over in New Zealand & Australia ... they said Kabotas were very common over there & they swore by them ! 

theres a farm this way i pass regularly that used to run all jd’s ,prob had 6/7 of them, biggish dairy outfit, who swapped to kubotas a year or so ago, ,now runs prob 10 tractors, several are loaders, various sizes, and appears to have stopped using contractors for anything bar the forager and a combine, i guess hes saving money in some way?? but its a hell of a swap ,dont even recal him having a demo one , just went over all of a sudden,dealers not far away from him,so i guess hes getting god backup to

19 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Much as I like those Kubotas...has it really got enough guts to haul 16 tons of grain?

150hp on a little trailer like that?

I used to draw silage with a Dooley 16 tonner behind a New Holland 6640. That Kubota has close to twice the horsepower.

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres a farm this way i pass regularly that used to run all jd’s ,prob had 6/7 of them, biggish dairy outfit, who swapped to kubotas a year or so ago, ,now runs prob 10 tractors, several are loaders, various sizes, and appears to have stopped using contractors for anything bar the forager and a combine, i guess hes saving money in some way?? but its a hell of a swap ,dont even recal him having a demo one , just went over all of a sudden,dealers not far away from him,so i guess hes getting god backup to

God backup?

:D:lol::huh::blink::ph34r:

2 hours ago, SPN said:

150hp on a little trailer like that?

I used to draw silage with a Dooley 16 tonner behind a New Holland 6640. That Kubota has close to twice the horsepower.

The farm up the road has 12t Western trailers and have an NH T7030 and 6080 on them usually (for this year I haven't seen the 7030 on a trailer) and I can remember seeing the 6080 (which I think has a little more HP - and 2 more cylinders than the Kubota)  struggling up a hill with the 12 tonner.  For some reason had it in my head you needed roughly 10hp per ton plus a bit more!

22 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

The farm up the road has 12t Western trailers and have an NH T7030 and 6080 on them usually (for this year I haven't seen the 7030 on a trailer) and I can remember seeing the 6080 (which I think has a little more HP - and 2 more cylinders than the Kubota)  struggling up a hill with the 12 tonner.  For some reason had it in my head you needed roughly 10hp per ton plus a bit more!

Must have been a summer student on the 6080. :D

Those two should be at their ease with 20 tonnes.

Was the 6080 blowing much smoke?

1 minute ago, SPN said:

Must have been a summer student on the 6080. :D

Those two should be at their ease with 20 tonnes.

Was the 6080 blowing much smoke?

It was one of the regulars!!

Though he does seem to spend most of the time baling now, and some other guy gives them a hand with an MF 6480.

I can't remember if it was blowing much smoke - I think it may have been!

So does that Claas Arion 5xx wouldn't struggle with a 16t Kane?

6 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Kubota was going at a fair old pace Joe...………………………...Its my understanding that when the two big Lex combines go further a field the farm the Kubotas on hire to are going to put one of their two Fendt 1050s on a trailer as well...……………...one extreme to another:lol:

That’s why Micheal and Tom swapped the Challengers for the 1050’s Phil, means they don’t need to hire in so many tractors for harvest. Challenger’s couldn’t do trailer work but the Fendts can. One of them has been on a spray bowser a lot this year so far. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last of the combining pics from me...………………….Its been a New Holland year for me, good to see a few back in my locality amongst the sea of green ones.

A L Lee having a helping hand from DOEs NH 8.80 Demo combine on their final few fields of wheat...……………...They used to be all yellow until Claas undercut them on price and to be fair out performed them in the field.  They still run 20+ T7s but I cant see them switching from Claas combines as the service is unbeatable.

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

A few from Gs of Wissington,   Firstly Valtra T 174 on wheat haulage, looking good in green...………………...And then both  "T" and "N"  series on salad crops.

And rather surprisingly given all their small fields they have chopped in the high houred 2 year old 775E for a rather large 845E  with black nose cone, one of the last mustard coloured Challengers I suspect.

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

Heres a mystery for Goody to solve...………………..I photoed the "17" Reg  plate OPTUM 300 and "16" Reg plate  Rowtrac 380  at Velcourts farm near  Kings Lynn,  and they definitely weren't there last year and they weren't supplied by DOEs??   And then on Weds on the way to work I passed two DOE transport lorries on the A10 heading towards K.Lynn with brand new Rowtrac and Optum 300 on board!!    Which begs the question are dealers struggling to get new machinery to their customers on time and having to lend them demo tractors whilst they wait for the new ones to turn up??

IMG_3883.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

Finally got some close up shots of Gs green Valtra "T"s  on the Onion harvest...………………….I thought they were all T174s but I was wrong!!   The machine on the harvester is a T194 and surprisingly the one on the trailer was a T234 and very nice it is too:)...…………………..I say surprised because it was one of a pair of new machines in June and they replaced two lower horsepower T183s.

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

Archived