Justys tractor pics ,Working events,Vintage,shows

justy 46

When you were tanning yourself behind the NH BluePower SPN ....we had just got a shower of rain 20 mins before hand !!! I remember taking cover under the side panel of the NH roundbaler that was hooked up to the T7 that day.  Still and all it was a great day out. The 4000 would handle a 10 tonner fully loaded alright ..it would be under pressure ,but it would manage it . Might need alittle weight up front !! :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

When you were tanning yourself behind the NH BluePower SPN ....we had just got a shower of rain 20 mins before hand !!! I remember taking cover under the side panel of the NH roundbaler that was hooked up to the T7 that day.  Still and all it was a great day out. The 4000 would handle a 10 tonner fully loaded alright ..it would be under pressure ,but it would manage it . Might need alittle weight up front !! :D 

Thanks for the photos Justin. Some absolute beauties in there.

My memory is that I was watching a David Brown 990 Selectamatic doing something out of shot when you took that photo.

It was a great day alright. The P6 E27 and the old NH SPFH on original Cork plates still stand out.

The 4000 wouldn't need a weight up front as that is a proper grain/beet trailer, not a silage trailer. Notice how far forward the axle is. Less weight on the drawbar.

I saw a Munster Machinery grain trailer in a dealer the other day. I must go back there and get some photos next week. They were the second most popular trailers around here in the 1970s after the Lees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Great photo's Justin, some i must have missed in previous threads but glad to have seen them now :) Look forwards to you adding more photo's over this years show season ;)

Thanks Paul . We have the summer ahead if us . So there will be plenty shows & working events to get a few more snaps hopefully. ;)

• Like 2

some cracking tractors of all makes . the muir hill looks brilliant in ford colours , maybe they should all have been blue n white instead of yellow 

that pic of the 2wd  7810 on your first page is amazing along with the two Nuffield with silage trailers 

brilliant well done 

8 hours ago, dm434 said:

some cracking tractors of all makes . the muir hill looks brilliant in ford colours , maybe they should all have been blue n white instead of yellow 

that pic of the 2wd  7810 on your first page is amazing along with the two Nuffield with silage trailers 

brilliant well done 

Thanks David . One of those Nuffs was featured in the Grassmen DVD Green Fever  . They belong to Mark Troy ,a contractor from the Bandon area of Cork. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Was dropping my daughter to a  birthday party  during the weekend . There was a small farm next door & their yard was being used as an overflow carpark. As I was parking up I spotted this in the corner of the yard. A Ford 4000 with a Fritzmeier cab. This cab must have been transferred from a 7A Series tractor to it . I have never seen a 4000 before in Ireland with a Fritz !!

IMG_0149.JPG

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Was dropping my daughter to a  birthday party  during the weekend . There was a small farm next door & their yard was being used as an overflow carpark. As I was parking up I spotted this in the corner of the yard. A Ford 4000 with a Fritzmeier cab. This cab must have been transferred from a 7A Series tractor to it . I have never seen a 4000 before in Ireland with a Fritz !!

I saw a County (I think it was an 1164) with a Fritz cab in a yard near Castledermot a few years ago.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, SPN said:

I saw a County (I think it was an 1164) with a Fritz cab in a yard near Castledermot a few years ago.

There is  2 types of Fritz SPN . The early ones have the white pillar up between the door frame & the rear side window . The profile of the doors are also different . While the latter ones have no white pillar & look a little better proportioned . The latter ones were also offered on the early 10 Series  Gen 1s.  And I think early type were offered in mainland Europe on the final 6X Fords.. The cab on the 4000 above seems to be a latter type ..so it probably came off a 4600 . I would love to know were Fritzmeier cabs fitted back in day at the Basildon plant ..or were they only fitted in Antwerp . As for the County ..that was most certainly a modification !!:D

The 2 cab types show below.

earth!earth!

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Some good photo's Justin thanks for sharing them, that's a novel way for a display case for the models.... mmm i wonder how many 16th's i could get under a Leyland bonnet :D

It's a good idea alright Paul. But outa  all his models ...who ever he is.. he don't have one 3 cyl..in the collection  ..He needs to balance it up abit there..!:D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

There is an interesting machine (on a scale of 1:1 ) after being purchased by my brother during the week and fingers crossed ..its due to be delivered tomorrow. We travelled to look at it last week before we get hit by another lockdown and fell for it straight away.. It's his new toy and one I would not mind myself if I had a place to store it..But I will get a few burns on it no dought and a few jobs for it too.. Let's just say ...its big and BLUE.. watch this space  ...:D

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, justy 46 said:

There is an interesting machine (on a scale of 1:1 ) after being purchased by my brother during the week and fingers crossed ..its due to be delivered tomorrow. We travelled to look at it last week before we get hit by another lockdown and fell for it straight away.. It's his new toy and one I would not mind myself if I had a place to store it..But I will get a few burns on it no dought and a few jobs for it too.. Let's just say ...its big and BLUE.. watch this space  ...:D

No way very nice how big of a blue is it ?? Say your brother cant wait get it . 

• Like 1

Here it is. It arrived from Wexford early this morning, our new addition to the family.. It has a restoration done ..lots off money spent. The hours are a little high and has a few minor electrical issues that need sorting. But it's a clean straight tractor. 

20201010_122140.jpg

20201010_122218.jpg

20201010_093329.jpg

20201010_094352.jpg

20201010_094411.jpg

20201010_124951.jpg

• Like 7