Lakeland Show, Penrith 2018

844john

21 hours ago, Udimore said:

Oh yikes.. That will mean my little brother won't know where to look :wub:

I am pretty sure his eyes will be firmly fixed on my mam Barry but he will have to fight off the competition Craig pit man and the GILF hunter him self sam wadsworth and mr soffits dad is joining us  to ,,,,she is going to be spoilt for choice ,,,,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my word no1 on eBay made £112 ,, i Neely fell off my chair ,, may be because it was no1 but that now only leaves 29 on the door on Sunday . The whole of the Facebook community are taking about getting there hands on the model ,, 

All  the signs are put up in the usual Lakeland rainy weather but a good reward was a cracking meal again in the Indian restaurant in Penrith  called  Indigate I would recommend   

C294A325-092A-4987-8284-D3426574BF50.jpeg

C96FF61F-9D75-4A4D-A41C-4272AE76197D.jpeg

56196BEB-71B8-486C-A64C-3791B54ACE85.jpeg

4ECCDA90-DDD4-40CE-8B4A-147B314B7401.jpeg

2AE6DACB-2BBF-4144-961B-721AE978DADE.jpeg

D6CD72A4-2579-478F-977D-DFB4CB528C4E.jpeg

FCD77AF6-FF02-4B2D-955A-9B86A81F4449.jpeg

45 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Not to sure who will be able to view these,but here are some photo's of the Lakeland show set up,

https://www.facebook.com/lakelandmodelfarmconstructionshow/photos/pcb.1909068855872946/1909067162539782/?type=3&theater

Regards

Joe.

Just copy and paste them like I did it works better 

12 hours ago, convo said:

Lakeland farm and construction taxi service was on time ,,, but I think immigration might have had something to say if they see what was in the back 

C3514706-7F74-4999-B69C-38B231C1DF62.jpeg

Don't think the immigrants were very happy with the rough driving! 

;)

I have to say that this show certainly goes from strength to strength, the quality of dioramas this year really seems to have stepped up a notch, and it was nice to have a catch up and finally put a few faces to names. To top it all, the Sunday dinner downstairs was absolutely beautiful, just wish I'd had some room left for some of that cake Paul, it looked delicious!;)

What a fantastic show yet again, big congratulations to Sharon and Peter on the organisation. Must have been busy as there wasn't a point long enough where I wasn't talking to someone to grab any photos! Though there was plenty of cameras going round so sure we'll see some appear

had a cracking day at the show , good to meet up with paul , david , john , martin and finally meet scratch builder of the year 844 john . also damian and little dodgy dave 

didn't get much this year , weathered david brown and some decals from convo 

well done peter and Sharon 

Disappointingly, I couldn’t make it in the end. Picked a flu bug up from the wife I think. Hopefully someone will post some pictures up! I was hoping to be able to put some faces to the names, never mind, there’s always the next one.

Sounds like it was a good show. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves 

10 hours ago, 844john said:

I have to say that this show certainly goes from strength to strength, the quality of dioramas this year really seems to have stepped up a notch, and it was nice to have a catch up and finally put a few faces to names. To top it all, the Sunday dinner downstairs was absolutely beautiful, just wish I'd had some room left for some of that cake Paul, it looked delicious!;)

Theres always next year John :)

8 hours ago, GPS said:

Disappointingly, I couldn’t make it in the end. Picked a flu bug up from the wife I think. Hopefully someone will post some pictures up! I was hoping to be able to put some faces to the names, never mind, there’s always the next one.

Sounds like it was a good show. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves 

That's not good Gavin, Roy was there but seeing as he has a trophy to return next year for best collection i'm sure you'll get to meet him. Hope you manage a quick recovery 

As others have said, Well done Sharon and Peter for another Great Show,  good to see it busy and i know of one first time visitor that couldn't beleive how good it was, so much he asked me to remind him when its on next year so he can come again. Great to catch up with David, Martin, Ivan and Athena, meet John the legend,  See John Dewhursts fantastic Autoway collection, and see James's stunning diorama in the flesh :). David Steele went home a happy chappie after his shock 3rd place win, like the big lad says he must be doing something right but hasn't worked out what yet haha Next job is to try and get him signed up on here ;) 

IMG_5018.thumb.JPG.7be0030afca83ccc22ec958c7ad77423.JPGIMG_5019.thumb.JPG.48da79361e21971463beb98ade79ce7f.JPGIMG_5022.thumb.JPG.dc0a8e41579a96269696de2bcaf5feef.JPGIMG_5012.thumb.JPG.153e36fcc2f953c8817094db39dbc7b1.JPGIMG_5023.thumb.JPG.8f60144bdae7ec032293a458ffc80dc7.JPGIMG_5026.thumb.JPG.1944740768589d042b6f51094c745fe8.JPG

10 hours ago, dm434 said:

had a cracking day at the show , good to meet up with paul , david , john , martin and finally meet scratch builder of the year 844 john . also damian and little dodgy dave 

didn't get much this year , weathered david brown and some decals from convo 

well done peter and Sharon 

nice to meet you yesterday David, between you and Paul I certainly seemed to suffer from the heat in that room!:D

Just a big thank you to all who support the show from displays, traders those who traveled from far and wide and people through the door it would not be possible without everyones by in to this show .. we get thanks from everyone for putting on a good show but the thanks are owes because most people share and promote this show on forums and social media this works very well as we all play apart ,, another big thank you to all your very generous donations of prizes and for the raffle ,, a bit  of a reshuffling of the tables upstairs this year worked really well and the whole show  seemed very busy this year even more than last year I will post up numbers and what we raised for click Sargent the charity this show supports ,,

It was this shows first year for a show model the Britain’s jcb 3cx we used was sold out within the first hour I hope people get some pleasure for this and I hope those who decide to sell them on make a few quid on them ,going forward the jcb models will be the way forward as this is a farm and construction show and these type of models suits both ,

again manny thanks to all who attended and who continue to support this show ,, roll on next year 

Sharon and peter 

Archived