Lakeland Show, Penrith 2018

844john

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

With the last pieces of the puzzle purchased today at Toytrac the display is on track to be ready for Rheghed. Regardless I'll be making the trip up

Looking forward to seeing it James!

Well guys there just is no let up ,,, spalding ,, then Toytrac a week later then Penrith in 4 weeks my screw drivers have just about rounded off trying to keep up demand is just taking its toll I could do without going to Penrith this year ,,,,, or dam it I can not get out of that either because I have to open the show to let all of you lot in ,,,,,, or well never mind the show must go on ,,

on a positive note we have been fully booked for months now and I have a list of both traders and displays on standby if any one drops out ,,it has been crazy,,, this is not me trying to HYPE up the super mega fantastic show with over 800 adults and 185 children through the door last year may I add it’s a cracking venue situated on the outskirts of the Lake District with very friendly show organisers who stick everyone in the back of there van to take them down the local pub fill them full of beer and make them say great things about the show ,,, ;);) :) 

Look forward to seeing you lot at the show and of corse all you guys and girls not forgetting the southern softie’s from UTS are more than welcome to come and join us all for a good night out on the Saturday in the agricultural hotel from 7pm  just let me know 

E0A11405-196A-45B9-B92A-F716ABB83008.png

On 10/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, 844john said:

Well, a month today and hopefully we'll be making the annual pilgrimage over the border again (if our passports are still valid!), just wondering who else will be making the trip?:)

You will need more than passports to get past my mam who will be on the door but if you ask Craig pitman he knows exactly what to say ;) soon as we ask my mam if she would help out again this year the first thing she said was will Craig and Sam be there,,

:o:) Yikes haven't unpacked the trailer totally yet 

Oh yes well it was my favourite show before this past weekend so the pressure is on eh Mrs Mint :wub:

Then the choice of ale on the saturday night. It's Spalding all over again with F&B or the pub :(

Good job all us weirdos are tea total

Roll on 4 weeks time

See you weird lot there :D

Barry Penrith does not even have a FRANKIE and BENNYS ,,,, so now your food and choices of preference margin has just narrowed so it’s the pub with us  ,,, macY Deesss or that place you stop at with the saw dust on the floor ,,, 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note for the saterday night out  a change of pub to the Geoge hotel in Penrith just round the corner as the normal place we go is fully booked and no place for 22 people so far so in the george from 6.30 next Saturday night menu looks good and a good price ,,, it is looking more like a party now than just a meal out with a few beers ,,,

6EF2F2DA-4A2C-44B7-B377-B03C580129C0.png

Brian it would be great to see you at the show and it is a long way for you so why not display here next year and sell some of you unwanted models here to finance your trip like you did at Toytrac,,, stop over and make a weekend of it then you can even come out with us on Saturday night ,,, now you know this makes sense 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:24 PM, convo said:

Brian it would be great to see you at the show and it is a long way for you so why not display here next year and sell some of you unwanted models here to finance your trip like you did at Toytrac,,, stop over and make a weekend of it then you can even come out with us on Saturday night ,,, now you know this makes sense 

I will have to do that :) hopefully I can get the dates fairly early so I can book the time off work :)

I'm planning on getting there on Sunday. Staying over Saturday with some friends in Silverdale, so should be a quick hit up the M6 Sunday morning.

Can anyone just confirm for me that the show is at the Rheged Centre on the A66? (otherwise, I'm heading to the wrong place!!)

On 11/1/2018 at 10:04 AM, convo said:

Just a quick note for the saterday night out  a change of pub to the Geoge hotel in Penrith just round the corner as the normal place we go is fully booked and no place for 22 people so far so in the george from 6.30 next Saturday night menu looks good and a good price ,,, it is looking more like a party now than just a meal out with a few beers ,,,

6EF2F2DA-4A2C-44B7-B377-B03C580129C0.png

Can you add a couple more to the list for Sat night Pete? The better half and I should be there on Sat afternoon at some point :D

3 hours ago, brianih634 said:

Can you add a couple more to the list for Sat night Pete? The better half and I should be there on Sat afternoon at some point :D

Oh yikes.. That will mean my little brother won't know where to look :wub:

On 11/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, brianih634 said:

Ok 

On 11/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, brianih634 said:

Ok Brian no problem 

21 hours ago, Udimore said:

Oh yikes.. That will mean my little brother won't know where to look :wub:

I am pretty sure his eyes will be firmly fixed on my mam Barry but he will have to fight off the competition Craig pit man and the GILF hunter him self sam wadsworth and mr soffits dad is joining us  to ,,,,she is going to be spoilt for choice ,,,,

Archived