Browns Models - 1/32 White Metal kits

Tractordave

:wub: Love this as I had forgotten all about them

Will have to hunt around as i have both versions of the E27. My parents bought me mine for passing my exams all those years ago B)

I remember thinking how much they were back in the day but on reflection compared with Britains at the time they were such a bargain. They told me they were a small fortune B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prickles said:

both my e27n s have the radiators with fordson decal down the side like your version with blue exhaust, but have level fitted drag link on steering as per other tractor

It could be that I have failed to fit( 30 odd years ago) a bit to make the drag link level.  Some of the early instruction sheets  lacked clarity 

Edited by Tractordave
  • Like 1

A bit of light finally to what i've been looking for, bought a 44' Fordson N last Sunday and half way through assembling, instructions took a few seconds to work out but getting there, now have the mudguards and seat and other ancillaries on. I have noticed however the seat and front axle the metal is very weak, so im hoping i can make use of them both else i'm knackered.

47179057_1114543545394703_902033322178248704_n.thumb.jpg.dea32b03cf87263ab087e500e4e42890.jpg47170950_212603092967771_7657337479384530944_n.thumb.jpg.05eb2a29e15a21497cebb98c18b3d098.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

A bit of light finally to what i've been looking for, bought a 44' Fordson N last Sunday and half way through assembling, instructions took a few seconds to work out but getting there, now have the mudguards and seat and other ancillaries on. I have noticed however the seat and front axle the metal is very weak, so im hoping i can make use of them both else i'm knackered.

47179057_1114543545394703_902033322178248704_n.thumb.jpg.dea32b03cf87263ab087e500e4e42890.jpg47170950_212603092967771_7657337479384530944_n.thumb.jpg.05eb2a29e15a21497cebb98c18b3d098.jpg

Here's the plans I had for the  "Dagenham Blue Type"  I built 

You will see there was no guidance notes on the page for assembly and painting  

scan0004.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

47179057_1114543545394703_902033322178248704_n.thumb.jpg.dea32b03cf87263ab087e500e4e42890.jpg

Your radiator doesn't look quite right, it appears to be too far forward, front of radiator should be in line with the radiator top tank.

Could you use a Scaledown front axle as these are brass I believe

• Like 2

21 hours ago, super6 said:

Your radiator doesn't look quite right, it appears to be too far forward, front of radiator should be in line with the radiator top tank.

Could you use a Scaledown front axle as these are brass I believe

Yes that needs sorting, its at a slight angle too, by the time i'd noticed i'd already superglued it so that needs rectifying, might need to trim some of the casting off as i lined it up with the pre aligned flap to stick it on

I did think of Scaledown but wasnt sure if they'd match up size wise, i'd quite like to fit rubbers on it as im not a great fan of these cleated steel ones

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Yes 

Nigel will send any part , for any of the Scaledown kits , also wheels  , tyres etc & also have some custom parts . As stated always a pleasure to deal with , both very knowledgeable & very helpful .

I concur.

I recently bought a lot of bits and pieces from him to customise other models.

Great to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update - since i got a couple to add to my collection 

First one up is the one I called the "Dagenham Blue Type"  well the model is actually a 1932 Standard N  "water washer air filter" type. The plans to make it up were a bit sketchy and showed an Air Filter Pipe on the right hand side but when you look through photos of the actual tractor this pipe does not exist and there is a cap. So I have modified my model and you will see a silver dot on the tractor on the right. ( I made up the one on the left and bought the one on the right in a broken state)

DSC_5206.JPG

Edited by Tractordave
  • Like 5

Second update is the Fordson Standard on Rubbers - This having the wider mudguards would be from the 1938 - 1940 ish period as the all green Utility was then given narrow mudguards.

Have have replaced my starting handles with bent paper clips as they are stronger.

The Browns Model in the front is smaller than the Scaledown one in the back - so the Scaledown Wheels and front axle would not fit the Browns one.

DSC_5215.JPG

DSC_5214.JPG

• Like 3

This is the 1944 Fordson Standard N Utility all green model - notice that it has the narrow mudguards.

Paperclips used for starting handles again. I have painted the radiator blind, exhaust etc to give a bit more detail.  

The one on the left was in a broken state when I got it so it's back together now. The one I built on the right is a darker green 

DSC_5212.JPG

• Like 3

The Marshall by Browns Models, with no assembly instructions, that I got as tractor bits along with two other Browns Fordsons  has proved to be a time consuming exercise.

I have re-enforced the front axle with an old 1.5mm drill bit and drilled through the body to fit an all through 2.4mm brass rod axle (There was no decent method to fit the back wheels)

I have substituted a 1.6mm brass rod for the supplied wm steering rod. A paperclip was used to get the steering linkage joined up.  Not too happy with the finished paint work but the WM body detailing was not too good in the first place. A bit of aluminium from a Honda Jazz heat shield was cut to make some small supports for the seating floor.  

My silver lining ain't too hot !

Last picture is the Scaledown Model Marshall that helped me figure out the construction (a bit anyway)

DSC_5149.JPG

DSC_5153.JPG

DSC_5187.JPG

DSC_5188.JPG

DSC_5203.JPG

• Like 3