Massey Ferguson faulty models 3095/3120

robbo

It is now widely known that the two Massey Ferguson models 3095 and 3120 came with the exhaust and filler cap in the wrong holes thus making the models look ludicrous. I have been in contact with the supplier, T-Toys Nazareth and I have been assured that replacement models will be available from 16th December.

If you send your faulty models to T-Toys Nazareth, Klapstraat 7, 9810, Nazareth, Belgium they will be replaced free of charge. I am trying to find out if they will send out "postage paid" labels or if you will have to bear the return costs to get a replacement.

Please make sure that you include your name and address so that they know where to send the replacement models

Faulty Massey Fergusons (1).JPG

Faulty Massey Fergusons (2).JPG

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternately tap off the bonnet from below and make the changes yourselves:D...……………..I will be spraying the wheels Sapphire grey and modifying that front weight as well, should look the bees knees when ive finished:)...……….Ive wanted a 3095 for many years.

Update on this one, T-Toys have replied to say that postage to them is at your own cost however, they will then post it back to you free of charge when the new models become available. The alternative is to do a straight swap at the next Zwolle show in November 2020 so it depends how much you want the correct model I suppose.

Its also amusing to see UH have managed to supply the two models with completely different wheel colours and both of them are wrong!!   Again its a straightforward job too take them off and spray them Sapphire grey but of course we wouldn't have to if they had gotten it right in the first place.  But to be fair the majority of the model is top notch and just lends too remind me why the 3000 series were my favourite tractors of the late 80s early 90s, even though I was a right Ford boy at that time.

its just using wheels form current models, the silver 6290 and the 6170, its a very simple conversion, bar bonnet decals, and the cab door decal , nothing  else has been developed, so making them spray the wheels a closer shade to  sapphire grey would just have added costs. to be honest  the top one, 3095, , is a lot closer to what it should be shade wise in the flesh anyway .

bear in mind that the 3080 is being re realeased soon anyway, and in 2 versions , so i suspect we may see a 3125 on these wheels anyway .

52 minutes ago, Barry said:

Was the 3080 the model that was going for silly money Sean?

Yes it was, if you want to cash in, do it now before the new versions are released the price drops like a stone.

I suppose there is also the question that will these versions with the factory fault become rare and collectable in years to come. Many of these will either be converted to the correct format or swapped for the correct model with the manufacturer.

3 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Are T Toys exchanging the whole model or just swapping the exhaust and diesel cap then sending them back to the customer?

I am not sure. The message that I got was the the replacement version will be in stock from 16th December and if I wanted to exchange then I could send them back to them. I do not know whether it is a brand new model or a replacement bonnet for the existing casting.

I see that a member on here had 2 of these on ebay last night and they both made very good money, the 3095 made £100 and the 3125 slightly less. That's a lot more than the 60 euros they were selling for at Zwolle. Maybe I will hang on to mine for the time being.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, Tractorman810 said:

bear in mind that the 3080 is being re realeased soon anyway, and in 2 versions , so i suspect we may see a 3125 on these wheels anyway .

That's interesting as I recently sold my 3080 for £75 as soon as I knew the 3095 was coming,  I guessed the secondhand 3080s would drop in price considerably.

And two versions of the 3080?  2 & 4wd or a 3085 would be even better,  and of course a 3125 would be magic:wub:

ones a 3080, the other ?? was mentioned by a few of the sellers we know, it could be. a 2 wd , could be a different model in the range, suspect given these ones on bigger wheels it could be something similar , but thats just a hunch given the ideas in their heads now .

• 2 weeks later...

My Massey Ferguson 3095 all finished:wub:..………………...Needed a few modifications but looks absolutely superb now!    Special thanks to Smithy without whom this model wouldn't have been possible:D

Firstly the negative points if your thinking of buying one,  The rear wheel spindle is a 2mm diameter,  the hole in the chassis is 3mm!!!!  Very wobbly:angry:...…………….I removed the small spindle (not easy) and replaced with a 3mm one after drilling out the wheels. 

Changing the exhaust and fuel cap required knocking off the bonnet with a nail punch pushed up the inside of the bonnet,  drilled out glued in lugs from underneath and both pieces fall out. Switched them over and glued in place. Glued down bonnet.

Made up 2 wafer weights from 1mm plastistruct glued and painted in position.   Resprayed wheels MF Sapphire grey.  Fitted 1992 "K" reg plate. 

P1080049.JPG

P1080047.JPG

I couldn't wait Cyril:D...………...And I was confident I could make all the alterations myself...………………..besides I had already asked to have one brought back for me and the exhaust mistake wasn't spotted until last knockings.  I also have no idea how much people will charge for the correct versions to be sold in the UK when they come back, quite a bit more than the show day prices I would wager.

Archived