Spalding spring tractor show

watermill

Nearly that time of year again for the spring Spalding show, does anyone think if the coronavirus is potentially going to put people off? Will it put traders off coming from overseas? Public off attending? Is there a possibility that Springfields will cancel it? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, watermill said:

Nearly that time of year again for the spring Spalding show, does anyone think if the coronavirus is potentially going to put people off? Will it put traders off coming from overseas? Public off attending? Is there a possibility that Springfields will cancel it? 

Yes I say it well be cancel or if not there wont be many traders going 

Shame we cant do a online version and get traders onside this is where this forum and facebook pages could shine 

Hopefully this will be temporary and i hope all members and family members will get throght the hard times that we all face 

Be kind stay healthy   

Given the current virus outbreak I would not be surprised if this show was cancelled or, even if it did go ahead, then there would be fewer traders and even less people through the door. I saw on Facebook that the Northern Ireland show has been cancelled so it would not be a surprise if it did not go ahead. Roll on October and hopefully things will have calmed down again.

We should be looking at there being major restrictions for 90 days. It mightn't be that long, but it could be. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Here in Ireland they are vesting all the trainee police early and buying a load of second hand cars for the police

It's better to do too much than too little because the hospital system could become overrun very quickly if this isn't contained.

We'll be seeing a lot more action on the Workbench thread over the next few months I think.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Better have calmed down mike, i ain't gonna be happy if my holiday gets pulled :(

Same here mate, I am booked to go to Florida Disney with the grandchildren at the end of May but the Parks have now all closed for 30 days, if that gets extended then our holiday is also in jeopardy 

6 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Shame we cant do a online version and get traders onside this is where this forum and facebook pages could shine 

Hopefully this will be temporary and i hope all members and family members will get throght the hard times that we all face 

Be kind stay healthy   

Yes that good idea about the trade stuff I be up for it . With the way thing are going i say the show wont be on 

We are in for a rough few months and the Western seaboard is going to be hit hard as it relies heavily on tourism most of whom book around now,Was over in Liverpool for the match Wednesday night and things very relaxed over there- a bit like Ireland 2/3 weeks ago,

I'd say with in another 2 weeks Uk will be pronably be alot further down the road with alot of things cancelled

Yes I was looking forward to Spalding too, but cant see it happening now.  I have a concert coming up in London in mid April I was looking forward to but a 600 people  gathering will probably be banned long before then.  

Italy is a few weeks ahead of us and they are in an awful pickle with a 6.7% death rate!!   And here at home we had two people off sick today and both getting tested for the virus, its really spreading very quickly now:unsure:

On a brighter note Ive got all the parts I need to make a decent 6 cylinder Ford 40 series,  I certainly don't think we will see many new models this year unfortunately.

Best we can do is when this thing is over is to back them 100 percent when or if they return  

I think its sad about all this delaying ect 

But im willing to support it as soon as they come back I feel for the organisers and traders  in these uncertain times and i hope we all ride it out speedily and healthily as possible

Stay safe and healthy be kind 

Nigel 

Good morning all, I spoke with Colin Friday and he has no plans to call the Model show off. However I guess it may get taken out his hands if things with the Virus gets worse and the government step in and stop all social gatherings of all sizes.

We Goodiestractor hope to be there with our Brochures  should it happen and you come we look forward to seeing you with your continued support

Stay safe and well kind regards

Graham & Sue

On the plus side we sell loads of spare parts and the sort of things you can occupy your self with when you self isolate so get in touch as people are going crazy stocking up on model tractor parts only while stocks last , 

spoken to Colin and the same here he still has plans to go ahead with the show but as for us attending is it really worth it to risk us bringing back the virus that might kill off my older family members 

59 minutes ago, convo said:

spoken to Colin and the same here he still has plans to go ahead with the show but as for us attending is it really worth it to risk us bringing back the virus that might kill off my older family members 

That is indeed one of the issues that everyone will face, the problem is at the moment that we just don't know what could happen. There are a number of traders from Europe who may either stay away or not be able to get in or out of the country, I suspect that most of them will think very hard before attending. Anyone attending, either as a buyer or a seller could possibly be infected, we just don't know.

On the other side, punters like myself have to consider whether the show is worth the 200 mile round trip especially if only half of the stalls are there, is it worth it?

For the sake off elderly relatives or people with underling health conditions, I think it's better these things are postponed.  Every show , event , Schools, cinemas, most pubs etc are closing here in Ireland for a 2 to 3 weeks to see if it can be slowed . It may take longer. But if we need to fight this thing off ..then these measures are needed. I'm actually shocked Cheltenham was not postponed.

A friend in Switzerland told me that gatherings have been being cut nearly daily over there in the past few days.  It started with only 1000 people, then got cut to 100 and now its 50!!!  I cant see anyway Spalding will be allowed to go ahead sadly.

23 hours ago, robbo said:

On the other side, punters like myself have to consider whether the show is worth the 200 mile round trip especially if only half of the stalls are there, is it worth it?

Im in the same situation - it's near enough a 500 mile round trip for me with staying in a hotel the Saturday night.

If there are hardly going to be any traders, then it does not warrant me travelling all that way.

I would like to know if it will be postponed or how many traders there will be so I can make a decision in order to claim a refund from the hotel before 1 April should I need to.

If we now can’t go to pubs,restaurants and theatre etc then this show is dead in the water unfortunately. We’ve just all got to try and stay put in our own areas until it’s over.  Was due to pay 2k on our holiday to Majorca in 2 weeks for a mid June holiday.....so I have sacked that off. I’ll have to suffer the £180 deposit loss though. Spaulding would have been a loss anyway.....everyone’s spent out on loo roll and hasn’t got any money left for models.

I agree Chris, if I was a betting man I know what I’d do. i’ll be amazed if it’s goes ahead, we must think about the bigger picture and follow guidelines and let this take its course, it’s a lifetime event and we just have to accept it 

29 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

If we now can’t go to pubs,restaurants and theatre etc then this show is dead in the water unfortunately. We’ve just all got to try and stay put in our own areas until it’s over.  Was due to pay 2k on our holiday to Majorca in 2 weeks for a mid June holiday.....so I have sacked that off. I’ll have to suffer the £180 deposit loss though. Spaulding would have been a loss anyway.....everyone’s spent out on loo roll and hasn’t got any money left for models.

you should get the deposit back as well chris, well thats what i heard, as its not your fault .

its all going to get interesting now to be honest, we have had an email stating we are expected at work, unless showing symptoms, ,as we are considered as an urgent service , however whos going to want us arriving at their houses when everyones meant to be keeping away,  apparently the local supermarkets have just gone nuts so local facebook have said, as everyones in a panic, luckily we know a tesco manager ,whos assured us bog rolls will be stashed away for us if required. ,plus we got cider ,gin and ice cream in on sunday,so we have sore throat treatment and pain killers available, so we will be happy :D .

Archived