Spalding spring tractor show

watermill

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we take inspiration from Formula 1, they have had to cancel lots of their races and have replaced them with virtual races.  

Do you think it would be possible to do some form of virtual Spalding Tractor Show.  

Sellers could advertise items for sale in a forum topic.  

We could have diorama and scratch build competitions, where forum members vote.  

It would most probably require several topics in a new section of the forum.  We would need a separate comments and discussion section. 

We could time the topic to be opened on 5th April when Spalding would have been held.  

What are the thoughts?

8 hours ago, sipher172 said:

Can we take inspiration from Formula 1, they have had to cancel lots of their races and have replaced them with virtual races.  

Do you think it would be possible to do some form of virtual Spalding Tractor Show.  

Sellers could advertise items for sale in a forum topic.  

We could have diorama and scratch build competitions, where forum members vote.  

It would most probably require several topics in a new section of the forum.  We would need a separate comments and discussion section. 

We could time the topic to be opened on 5th April when Spalding would have been held.  

What are the thoughts?

This is inspired

53 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

does sound like a good idea, as long as we don't have to see a hung over steve and barry first thing in it,like the real shows 

Any ideas how we particularly can do this on the forum?

It could also be a nice way to attract more members to the forum as well.  

4 minutes ago, sipher172 said:

Any ideas how we particularly can do this on the forum?

It could also be a nice way to attract more members to the forum as well.  

We can start with word of mouth, tell your friends about the forum. There are hundreds of enthusiasts out there who could make a positive contribution and also find this very therapeutic whilst they are confined to barracks.

We as Mods can also play a part as we can put an invite on the FTF Facebook page and I will do this later today.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, bluegreen said:

Certainly I have taken inspiration from F1s cancellation, Flippin good job too, boring cr*p lets hope it and bighead Lewis never return!!!  F1 died 30 years ago at least.

We are Spalding Sellers of Tractor Brochures for charity and we feel this would be a cracking idea to do a virtual show, come on Andy get it sorted please, as for Lewis Hamilton he will have to keep his 40 million contract secret or give half to the NHS 

Stay safe and well everybody

goodiestractor

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Dont do allot of talking on here much is mjb1 deerest and marky forderson  still on here ??

Not very often Nigel no. I don't know about MJB1 but I keep in touch with Tris and Marky elsewhere. Tris is into lorries and his two young sons nowadays and Mark has gone motorbike mad. He still collects brochures, especially MF ones, but he has sold most of his models. Sean and I called in on Marky last November on the way to Zwolle and had a bit of a catch up, he did say that he was looking at going to Holland for the next Zwolle show but at the moment we can only speculate whether it will go ahead.

• 2 months later...

Any news if the Spalding October show and the  Lakeland November Show are still going ahead. I myself have my doubts but it will soon be time to book B&b's etc. Would people still go or wait until next year now to be safe?. 

2 hours ago, hody21 said:

Any news if the Spalding October show and the  Lakeland November Show are still going ahead. I myself have my doubts but it will soon be time to book B&b's etc. Would people still go or wait until next year now to be safe?. 

154795A8-E5F5-4A0A-9EBB-8D2AB6CC934F.png

3 hours ago, hody21 said:

For me thats just too far off date wise to predict I think with the current covid situation, given that this weekend will be the first kind off mass gatherings in pubs etc.It can get really rammed with people in the large hall in the morning.

I saw there was a big model toy show held in Italy recently, think is is called Camisano.  They held the entire event outdoors.

Maybe not possible for Spalding in October.  But potential some events could be moved outside, British weather doesn't make that a consistent solution though.  

Perhaps a large marquee added to the side of the big hall at Spalding would allow the stalls to space out a little. But I suppose cost is a big issue and the worry for the organisers.

Archived