Harvest 2020

weblet375

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lexion montana parked up yesterday, as we have had a fair bit of rain ,mostly over night ,the last few days, seems a good few fields have actually been green underneath, the early heat wave ,got it all going ,but then the damp spell, got the wheat thinking ,lets grow, seems a few have had issues with this, the crop looks spot on,until you cut.

4 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Crikey Joe, they are finishing off over here in the east. If it hadn't rained these past 2 days most would have been done.

Another nice CASE AF2388:)

IMG_5492.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_5497.JPG

They've been at it for a while I just haven't seen anything this year!

Just read in this weeks Farmers Weekly the list price for the John Deere X9 1100 with 12.1 HDX header....£850,238.  Combine is £725,908 and the header is £124,420.  I'm sure there will be a decent discount to be had, but will the machine be worth such a cost?

Ive only seen two new claas combines this year on my travels and they were both in the same field!!   A few more JDs and New Hollands.  Not many new combines period.

Strikes me that a number of big farms are contracting out land to Maize harvesting...………...which suits me fine:)

I bellieve this is a Cooney-Furlong outfit. Looks like two 670TTs. I don't know if they replaced the two 780TTs I photographed a couple of years ago or are a seperate team.

Back then there was a John Q on the chaser and Fendts and Steyrs carting. Cooney-Furlong now have a CASE and Vaderstad dealership so the entire fleet is red.

20200823_195431.jpg

20200823_195655.jpg

20200823_195854.jpg

20200823_195858.jpg

20200823_195937.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived