Harvest 2020

weblet375

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Swedish, he drives a Volvo:D

Eau Brink estates were Velcourts biggest UK farm back in 2014 with a big fleet of CASE kit and NH combines, then came a truly disasterous rapeseed crop with more than 50% of the 1000 acres planted lost due to drought and flea beetles.  The farm manager got sacked and Velcourt were kicked out!!  The German owner took over and in 2015 bought three big Claas Lexions and a fleet of JD tractors from the JD dealer Doubledays based in the village that Eau Brinks land surrounds.  Since then he has tinkered with things but the German influence has grown.

This harvest their are 2x JD9RX tractors, 4x JD8Rs, 3x JD6Rs and now 3 x Fendt 900s...………………...that's way more power than Velcourt used:huh:...…...they had three 550 Quadtracs and then several Pumas, most rented for peak times.

I don't care as this years line up is great fun to watch working,  and now to continue the German theme they also have 2x Hawe chaser bins, 5 x Krampe trailers (2 x 800 trip axle side tippers:blink:) a new Bergman muck spreader plus two huge Damaan sprayers. And I think I spied a big new unused Lemken plough as well.  All of it superb machinery of course.

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

IMG_5315.JPG

now i could be wrong, but i think i may have seen a new jd 9x today, just outside plymouth on what i believe is fleet estate land, big estate covering a fair chunk  of the south hams ,between plymouth and kingsbridge , it was just opening up a field beside the A38, and i was doing 70 , but its rear end looks a hell of a lot like the pics, they were using a t series over the last couple of years, and i know they swap every two .me thinks a casual diversion ,in works time, may be in order to confirm either way right or wrong, its the first working combine i have seen this year .

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

now i could be wrong, but i think i may have seen a new jd 9x today, just outside plymouth on what i believe is fleet estate land, big estate covering a fair chunk  of the south hams ,between plymouth and kingsbridge , it was just opening up a field beside the A38, and i was doing 70 , but its rear end looks a hell of a lot like the pics, they were using a t series over the last couple of years, and i know they swap every two .me thinks a casual diversion ,in works time, may be in order to confirm either way right or wrong, its the first working combine i have seen this year .

Apparently there is 3 machines in the uk at the moment. Tuckwells have one, it’s been out in East Anglia already. More are due for all the main dealers for demos. They are badged up as 9 series machines, so if you see one mate, it will say it on the side.

i only saw its arse end, but it had the curves, very short overhang, and the go fast cut grooves in the side panels, suspect it will be gone tomorrow, they dont hang around ,all nighters are the norm for them , but i know roughly most of the area they work, they used to rent some land just over the tamar as well, but dont think they do it now. mason kings is the main local jd dealer this way, would be a big machine for this way, but they do have a habit of buying 1 big machine  now, they used to run 2 smaller deeres in years gone by.not surprised tuckwells have one, was prob the first,they are still very well respected by john deere, having been the uks first dealer, old man len certainly picked them up early on .

Very hard to find rear end shot's of the 9X,best I could find was on a Danish site,actually the tracks on the 9X are triangular like CasIH rather than trapezoid like Cat dozers.

Regards

Joe.

John Deere 9X.jpg

I don't know to much about John Deere but I reckon the easiest way to ID the 9X will be the tracks,The 9X has triangular tracks whereas the older S690i had trapezoid tracks,

Regards

Joe.

John Deere 9X.jpg2.jpg

John Deere 9X3.jpg

caught a glimpse of it again tonight on the way back, little  bit further away in the next field over  ,but side on , and its deffo on tracks,  which is rare down here anyway, but i still couldnt really tell. must say the yellow flash decal looked high and big like that pic though , really must go hunting even if its saturday in the car .

I was watching Waldersley estates JD combine fleet this evening and will put up some pics in due course,  they had three machines in one field and two in another:blink: for a total of 5 S series

Three were S690s and the other two were S790s, one of these had the old style green trapezoid front track system and the newest machine had the far sexier high triangular system with that very eye catching yellow wheel idler, just like the ones on the new X series.

Theres two more big JD farms around these parts each running 4 of the S series combines so Im expecting quite a few X9s around here by 2021.

Heres Walderseys farms 790s  2018  and 2019,  notice the nicer yellow idler wheel on the newer machine,  a nice touch which really improves the overall look of the combine.

They had 5 combines in opposing fields and also hired in some carting help with a team of three older new Hollands and the Holmer self prop. chaser bin.

IMG_5365.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5347.JPG

IMG_5361.JPG

IMG_5366.JPG

Well I hit the jackpot last night, went out for a drive barely 5 miles up the road and caley farms were harvesting wheat. One of the 3 JD690s was parked up at the headland as the driver had a new bus to try:D...………...Drum roll please...…………………………….X9:wub:

Superb looking machine, but certainly wasn't cutting 100 tons an hour...………….didn't appear to be any quicker than either Claas 780 or NH CR10-90  but it was one of the farms drivers who was probably just finding his feet.  Lets hope Wiking or Marge get the licence to make a top drawer replica.

IMG_5394.JPG

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

And whilst watching the JDs on top of a high river bank on the other side of the road, bedlam broke out below when a nutcase fire engine driver drove ridiculously dangerous to overtake a telehandler pulling a claas cutterbar, then the 770 Lexion and finally the farms big MF and trailer:angry:...…………...honestly in his impatience he nearly caused a major pile up and serious injuries just to get where? Probably a fire where no one was at risk!!  I know these boys have a very important and much appreciated role to play but ive met a few in my time and didn't like any of them. Arrogant is the word that springs to mind.

IMG_5420.JPG

IMG_5418.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

1 hour ago, dave the farmer said:

On the spring barley.all done just wheat left to cut.

20200803_191057.jpg

20200801_152004.jpg

Spring barley around here is still green ,a lot of wheat has been done ,a neighbour cut his winter beans 2 weeks ago another neighbour has 60 acres of spring beans and there is not a pod on any of them  

Caught up with a pair of new Claas 7600 machines working at A L Lees near Littleport.

Maize seems more plentiful than ever this year and its having an effect on combine choices as growers who have entered into maize growing are combining less cereals and keeping harvesters longer or downsizing it would appear.

IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

Big MFs are relatively rare these days so I was pleased to hear Alan Bartletts Carrot people had bought a pair of the first 8740S with the new style exhausts last autumn.  Ive see them about but only in the last few days did I finally get some pictures:)

And in the same field was the farmers 2 year old MF Centora 7382:)

IMG_5466.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

Archived