Harvest 2020

weblet375

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised, theres some very healthy looking fields down this way , most are well golden ,although you cant see the underside Or middles, majority look to be winter barleys . I’ve mostly been along the south devon and cornwall coast of late and all are the same , seen several combines moving although nothing cut yet 

I’ll sum harvest 2020 up right now in the east, without having even started. Lots of reading material in the cab for the grain carters as they won’t be flat out, and room in the sheds for the machinery after it’s all over.

Spraying my rape off next week ,barley died off but green straw so will be a few days before we start but up towards Cambridge there is some rape and barley been cut so I am told .My barn is still the same size but we have rearranged things inside to make more room for grain storage ,but like Chris say don't think we are going to need it :(

I went round the local AGCO dealer yesterday now they've reopened to the public.  There were a couple of new 700 Fendts and more interestingly hidden round the back their are a lovely pair of new Fendt twin axle big balers...………………..and better still their heading to a farm just up the road from me and going behind two 936s:) having replaced two of their new Hollands.

Also a new MF tedder and a few old Challengers including a matt black one......Ugh!!

P1080333.JPG

P1080329.JPG

P1080331.JPG

As luck would have it I got stuck behind local mega farmer  Bill Legges all Fendt baling rigs as I approached home,  fortunately they turned into a nice easy field for me to photo them:)……………..the two balers are brand new and looked very smart behind two of the companies three 936s.

Also brand new Fendt 942 in Nunns yard with R38 front rims:blink:

IMG_5255.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

I still see quite a few old MF3000s about the place, lots more than the equivalent JD, Fords or Cases of the same era!!  Yesterday an old farmer came through the village in his mint L reg (1993) 3095 which he keeps polished to a very high standard. It rarely works, he just goes out for little drives in it when the mood takes him:)

And the day before I got stuck behind a local turf merchant who pulls a lowloader behind a very tidy (1995) 3645.

Archived